Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I really enjoyed this game, more from a story stand point than anything else, but yea i cant really disagree thats its not a very well made game. Still i found it quite fun my first few play throughs, but i played through it again not too long ago and i found myself thinking that the Jedi experience should be much better than this.

I really enjoyed the game as well, but I agree. It could have been better and I'm hoping they learned from TFU. This was their first current gen game and their first time working with those (Euphoria, DMM) engines. I think they'll make a better game, next time.

They are working on more than one Star Wars game, according to the LucasArts president (mentioned it at the latest GTTV episode), and I hope they announce it/them soon. They probably won't do so until after the release of Clone Wars: Republic Heroes and the Ultimate Sith Edition of TFU.

What type of game would you like them to make? Another Jedi game? A shooter? Something else? I'd like it if one of the games they're making is a Jedi game. They had some, imo, interesting, ideas before they decided to go with TFU and I wouldn't mind seeing some of those. If anyone's interested, I can post some of those ideas here. They're from the art of TFU book.

I would love to see a few of those ideas.I believe one was a Darth Maul Game which could be awesome.

I dug up my old thread from the LucasArts forums where I originally posted the details of the early Star Wars game concepts (I was bored to open the art book and type :oldrazz:) so, here they are...

Darth Maul

The Darth Maul concept put the player in the role of the Sith assassin prior to the events of Episode I. The story and gameplay would have allowed the player to secretly hunt down and destroy the Emperor's enemies, including several Jedi. The core of the Maul game would have been fast-paced lightsaber combat punctuated by the use of Force powers and weapons. Ultimately, the Darth Maul concept was shelved in favor of other ideas that allowed more freedom to create a sweeping story, with a new protagonist whose fate wasn't already known to fans.

Rebel Warrior

The Wookiee game. The Wookiee fought against the Empire and was super-fast, strong and agile. You could also customize your Wookiee and a second playable character was added: a female weaponsmith.

Star Wars Underworld

The smuggler game. An open world game. You'd have a customizable starship used for travel, smuggling and space combat. You'd also be able to have a small crew. Each with his own personality traits, skills and methods. Missions ranged from smuggling runs to starship raids and even attacks against the Empire - from various shady contacts affiliated with criminal groups such as the Hutt Cartel, Black Sun and the Rebel Alliance.

Rise of the Rebellion

Set between episodes III and IV, the game cast the player in the role of the galaxy's first Rebel. This was also an open world game that provided players with the ability to choose when, where and how they attacked the Empire. Possible storylines focused on this first Rebel being an Imperial weaponsmith, an officer whose family was killed by a rival, or even a rogue clone trooper. The game would also feature weapon customization. They didn't move further with this project because they didn't know if it would appeal to non die-hard Star Wars fans and they wanted it to appeal to gamers of all types and more casual fans of the franchise.

Rebel Jedi:

Again, between Episodes III and IV. They wanted to combine customizable gadgets and weapons with a handful of Force powers. The hero described as "a former soldier who has mastered a wide array of weapons, and has learned to use them in combination with his innate and burgeoning Force abilities". The protagonist was inspired by heroes from classic spy movies, comic books, and even Westerns. He had access to gadgets galore, a tricked-out secret lair, several exotic vehicles, a handful of royal contacts, and a colorful rogue's gallery of villains.

The story revolved around two classic themes: revenge and redemption. The hero initially begins as an Imperial agent, hiding his connection to the Force while seeking out and defeating the Emperor's enemies. However, he is eventually betrayed by his handler, who reveals the hero's Jedi heritage to the Empire. The resourceful hero then goes underground, using his skills and powers to strike back. The Empire, in turn, sends an army of bounty hunters and other villains after the hero, intent on destroying him. While initially motivated by revenge, the protagonist's fight against the Empire inspires other freedom fighters, including Bail Organa and Princess Leia. After a series of successful strikes, the Alliance is officially born.

As part of the team's developing of the Rebel Jedi concept, they began their pre-visualization work, creating short animated sequences to convey the appeal of combining Force powers with weapon use. These animations included a sequence in which the armored hero ignites a stormtrooper with a flamethrower, then uses the Force to hurl that fiery Imperial into another group of enemies, setting them all ablaze. In another "pre-vis" animation, the protagonist freezes an enemy with a carbonite gun, then shatters the frigid statue with a well-placed Force push. They also designed a rich weapon customization system for creating a host of exotic arms and a viral reputation system, which would allow word of the hero's deeds to spread across the galaxy.

The concept was rejected by LucasArt's executive team. In trying to combine so many disparate elements, they had strayed too far from what many felt was the hear of Star Wars: the Jedi.

Jedi Master

Jedi Master was positioned as the continuation of the critically acclaimed Jedi Knight series, but with a new twist: The story was much darker, more violent, and more mature than previous iterations. The early concept overview described the game as Star Wars-style survival horror, emphasizing life-or-death battles with frightening aliens, horrific cyborgs, deranged cultists, and relentless bounty hunters all during the Jedi Purge immediately after Episode III. Although written only to gauge the interest in both another Jedi Knight title and Star Wars game with more mature themes, even from the outset the team felt that the concept was far too gratuitous and derivative, which consumer testing soon confirmed.

Jedi Prime

Become the galaxy's first Jedi." This early idea prompted a host of questions and story opportunities: Who was the first Jedi? How did he discover the Force? How did he build the first lightsaber? As the team began answering the questions, we also identified the game's central villain: the first Sith, a character who - in the early storyline - is inspired by the first Jedi to also discover the Force, but quickly corrupts it for his own ends. Jedi Prime was an interesting concept, but the team knew that any idea set outside the films might not resonate with a mainstream audience.

Jedi Outlaw

Set about 500 years after the death of Darth Vader. By that time, both the Jedi and Sith Orders have been rebuilt. However rather than continue their eons-long war with one another, the two groups have struck an uneasy truce. Instead of a Jedi Council, there is just "The Council", a ruling body populated by six Jedi and six Sith. The protagonist in this concept was to be the last descendant of the legendary Luke Skywalker. As the story opens, the player character is essentialy a Jedi sheriff, tasked with defending his region of space from criminals, alien invaders, natural disasters, and other threats. Eventually, the main character is framed for the death of another Jedi and becomes an outlaw himself. Hunted by both the Jedi and the Sith, the hero must discover who betrayed him and why - and all signs point to one of the Council's most respected Jedi Masters, whose last name just happens to be Solo.

The team theorized that the Jedi and the Sith learned to harness the Force in new and inventive ways: The player would have been able to hurl balls of Force energy, see in virtually any spectrum and even shape-shift. The player would be able to construct and customize sophisticated armor and exotic weapons, including a wide range of variant lightsabers. They also thought about letting the player infuse weapons and armor with the player's own innate Force powers: Imagine a suit of high-tech armor or a double-bladed lightsaber crackling with Sith lightning. They thought that it might not appeal to mainstream gamers and casual fans.

That Darth Maul game would of been sick. I hope they make it someday. Or the Smuggler one.

What type of game would you like them to make? Another Jedi game? A shooter? Something else? I'd like it if one of the games they're making is a Jedi game. They had some, imo, interesting, ideas before they decided to go with TFU and I wouldn't mind seeing some of those. If anyone's interested, I can post some of those ideas here. They're from the art of TFU book.

Im dying for a really good Jedi based game with fantastic lightsaber combat. Thats what i want. The combat needs to be extremely fast paced and fluid yet easy to control to give you the impression you are a Jedi. The block/parry systems needs to be great with both characters just going back and forth, attacking and blocking. I cant really think of a game that has good sword combat other than Assassins Creed. Maybe it could be as simple as that game, just have the blocks/parries look much more jedi like. My ideal game would be something like Knights of the Old Republic with combat like i described.

Click on the pic for details. They don't mention what the second disc is (it's one Blu-Ray disc for the PS3) though. I'm guessing behind the scenes stuff and trailers. Hopefully it's not just the web docs they released while making the game. Those were cool, but I'd like to see more behind the scenes stuff.

Last edited:
That's supposed to be only $40 right? I may end up getting that seeing as how I traded my original copy in. Looks pretty sweet.

Only retail. It's really all of the DLC of the first release but with one exclusive piece of content.

Damn id be all over that if i didn't absolutely hate the "what if" DLC.

No Achievements but, the Hoth Level is finally available.

February 23th - Game Add-Ons
• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Hoth Bonus Level - 800 MSP
The search for Luke Skywalker leads the Apprentice ("Starkiller") to the Rebel's hidden base on the ice planet, Hoth. Under orders by the Emperor to eliminate Skywalker, Starkiller must infiltrate Echo Base and fight through Rebel forces, while also encountering deadly, ferocious wampas. The fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance!
The DLC was previously exclusive to the Sith Edition of the game, now available on the marketplace here:

I haven't DL'ed the Hoth scene yet but the Tatooine one was kinda short, although killing the Rancor, Skywalker style, going toe to toe with Fett and Obi-Wan was fun.

Hoth is short, too. I don't remember if it's longer than Tatooine though. I thought that they'd add achievements when they released Hoth as DLC, since the PS3 version of the USE (and now the Hoth DLC) had Hoth trophies. Anyway, the missions are fun. Although I don't know if you'd want to pay 800 points for them.

They've also released some TFU Avatar items on XBL. I would definitely buy a Vader costume if it was available...:o

Dark Lord's outfit
Apprentice outfit
Juno Eclipse outfit
Stormtrooper outfit
Imperial Officer outfit
Mouse Droid
Starkiller's lightsaber

I'll be buying the Stormtrooper armor next time I get MSP!

I hope they get achievements in the Hoth DLC, since the PS3 version has trophies for it. I won't get it otherwise.

Hoth DLC was great. Much better than Tatooine imo.

wait a minute...how is there going to be a part two when the guys dead??

I'll reiterate my theory that I think he's some kind of force ghost.

I have a feeling Starkiller's return will involve either Yoda, Vader or both of them.

I have a feeling Starkiller's return will involve either Yoda, Vader or both of them.

I'm thinking so, based off of the trailer. Maybe he goes to Yoda after somehow coming back to life, then stays in the shadows during episodes IV, V, & VI for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"