Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Damn, for 40$? Pretty good.

I want those exclusive levels, but dont feel like buying the game over again. I wonder if theyll release those levels after as DLC?

To me thats pretty crappy. Why reward the people who didnt buy your game when it first released?

The only level that isn't being released as DLC is Hoth. I'm sure they'll release it on LIVE and PSN at a later date, even though they say it's exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition.

I just finished The Force Unleashed yesterday, and I had a lot of fun with it. A really good game. Seeing as how I got it on the cheap I'll probably definately be picking up the Sith Edition as well being priced at $40.

Oh and MetalGear7, maybe you should actually try the game before saying it sucks. Only a fool puts his trust 100% in reviews. Using sites like Gamerankings and Metacritic is often even worse because you're just looking at a number out of context.

And sometimes those sites take into account reviews from sites that aren't well known or that you like. I stopped paying attention to GameSpot's reviews so I never look at what they give a game.

I just finished The Force Unleashed yesterday, and I had a lot of fun with it. A really good game. Seeing as how I got it on the cheap I'll probably definately be picking up the Sith Edition as well being priced at $40.

Oh and MetalGear7, maybe you should actually try the game before saying it sucks. Only a fool puts his trust 100% in reviews. Using sites like Gamerankings and Metacritic is often even worse because you're just looking at a number out of context.

Yea its a fun game. I really liked the story. As i stated, its no KotOR, but i dont think anyone was expecting it to be.

Yea, Spidey-Bat is right. Its a solid title. Its no Knights of the Old Republic, but you should have known that going in. If you thought other wise, thats your mistake for being a fool.

I'm the fool, ok what other games do you think are "solid"??? Superman for the n64?....aquaman?

I'm the fool, ok what other games do you think are "solid"??? Superman for the n64?....aquaman?
The fact that you mention Superman 64 with this just proves you're pissy about it not meeting your high expectations. When you get over that, you'll see it's not as bad as you think it is.

Well I didn't specifically state u were a fool, unless you went in to this game thinking it was another Knights of the Old Republic.

By the way, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Fallout 3 and Gears of War are just a few titles I find to be "solid".

Okay, thanks - which console would you recommend?

PS3 you get the Blu Ray player which is visually orgasmic if you have a HDTV. Plus there's free online play. So it's really only 50 more dollars than the 360 when you think about the online.

The fact that you mention Superman 64 with this just proves you're pissy about it not meeting your high expectations. When you get over that, you'll see it's not as bad as you think it is.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770534p1.html

"Speaking with Hayden, he emphasized that the release of The Force Unleashed would be hailed as "the next big thing" by Star Wars fans worldwide."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6191079&mode=previews&tag=result;title;1

"The game looked extremely good--as it has for a while--and should be an absolute stunner when it finally ships on the PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year."

Yup...It's just my crazy high expectations....

Who's fault is it for buying into that? Think for yourself. You can't believe everything that is said in a preview.

Okay, thanks - which console would you recommend?

360 since it's a lot cheaper.

PS3 you get the Blu Ray player which is visually orgasmic if you have a HDTV. Plus there's free online play. So it's really only 50 more dollars than the 360 when you think about the online.

If you have an HDTV, the PS3 would be a good way to go. But don't factor in the PS3's free online service into your decision. It may be free, but it's piss poor compared to Xbox Live.

But if you don't care about Blu-ray, then definately go 360.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770534p1.html

"Speaking with Hayden, he emphasized that the release of The Force Unleashed would be hailed as "the next big thing" by Star Wars fans worldwide."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6191079&mode=previews&tag=result;title;1

"The game looked extremely good--as it has for a while--and should be an absolute stunner when it finally ships on the PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year."

The first quote wasn't in that article. That said, it's an exaggeration made to build up hype. I don't recall any Star Wars game being considered the next big thing by fans.

The 2nd article is GameSpot's reaction to the demo. They made the assumption that the graphics were going to be better than the demo. They said it looked "extremely good" anyway.

All you're proving is the game was overhyped which doesn't make it awful. Superman 64 is one of the worst games ever made and SWFU doesn't even come close to approaching it's level of suckage. Again, you bought into the hype and set yourself up for disappointment.

Yep. Still just you. Did you even bother to watch any videos? Or did you just listen to the dev's and say hey, this is going to be the best game ever? Do your research next time and you wont build up crazy high expectations and might have some fun with a game. Like you would have this, had you of not falling face first into the developer/publisher spin.

The first quote wasn't in that article. That said, it's an exaggeration made to build up hype. I don't recall any Star Wars game being considered the next big thing by fans.

The 2nd article is GameSpot's reaction to the demo. They made the assumption that the graphics were going to be better than the demo. They said it looked "extremely good" anyway.

All you're proving is the game was overhyped which doesn't make it awful. Superman 64 is one of the worst games ever made and SWFU doesn't even come close to approaching it's level of suckage. Again, you bought into the hype and set yourself up for disappointment.

Even then, i think saying its the next big thing could still have some weight. I mean it did fill in some of the gaps between EP III and EP IV. I mean we got to see how the Rebel Alliance started. IMO, thats big enough to be the "next big thing" by fans, at least for this fan.

Who's fault is it for buying into that? Think for yourself. You can't believe everything that is said in a preview.

The game sucks, that is me thinking for myself, the reviews just back up my opinion...I can see you star wars fans are desperate for backing up this poorly developed game

The game sucks, that is me thinking for myself, the reviews just back up my opinion...I can see you star wars fans are desperate for backing up this poorly developed game
Oh the irony.

The game got around a 7 which isn't bad. It's decent, probably better off as a rental, but it doesn't suck. As I said before, the fact that you equated this game to Superman 64 just proves you're just bitter and pissed about it not meeting your high expectations.

LOL.

Just keep diggin that hole.

Looking alright, will def rent the sith edition just for the tattooine and hoth levels :) I, for one, don't mind the infinites theme as it gives the devs more freedom to do whatever they want without impacting on the rest of the Star Wars universe

PS3 if you like solo games more than online games.
360 if you like online games more than solo games.

I think that's probably the best answer I've heard to that question yet. Although that's not to say either console is without the other experience.

PS3 has awesome multiplayer in Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Fat Princess, soon to be Uncharted 2 and loads more...

Meanwhile 360's got great single player in Mass Effect 1 and 2, Alan Wake (again when it comes), Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Gears, Halo 3...

This game ruled on the Wii. If you get a chance to, you have to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"