Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed

It was pretty good.

The inferences between what happened between what's happening in the US and its government now, and what happened in the Senate at the end of Episode III was actually chilling.

Only watched about half of it so far, just they're just about to talk about the droids and "monsters". Nothing so far has made me change my opinion that the prequels sucked. I've always felt that there was a good story that could be told in the prequels, George just f'ed up though and was too interested in playing with his special effects toys than making a good movie with a good story.

carrrnuttt, the similarities between Palpatine's rise to power in Episode 3 and real life politics in the US isn't something new. Everyone saw the similarities when the film was first released.

carrrnuttt, the similarities between Palpatine's rise to power in Episode 3 and real life politics in the US isn't something new. Everyone saw the similarities when the film was first released.

You don't understand, and I do know about previous references to similarities. I even read the article about Bush being a Sith Lord.

I am, however, referring to this:

Bush Paves the Way for Martial Law: 2007 National Defense Authorization Act overturns Posse Comitatus Act
In October 2006, Bush signed into law the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Quietly slipped into the law at the last minute, at the request of the Bush administration, were sections changing important legal principles, dating back 200 years, which limit the U.S. government's ability to use the military to intervene in domestic affairs. These changes would allow Bush, whenever he thinks it necessary, to institute martial law--under which the military takes direct control over civilian administration.

Sec. 1042 of the Act, "Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies," effectively overturns what is known as posse comitatus. The Posse Comitatus Act is a law, passed in 1878, that prohibits the use of the regular military within the U.S. borders. The original passage of the Posse Comitatus Act was a very reactionary move that sealed the betrayal of Black people after the Civil War and brought the period of Reconstruction to an end. It decreed that federal troops could no longer be used inside the former Confederate states to enforce the new legal rights of Black people. Black people were turned over to the armed police and Klansmen serving the southern plantation owners, and the long period of Jim Crow began.

I love documentaries like this...showing professional scholars taking SW so seriously. LOVE IT. :woot:

check that statement, Professional Scholars, paid a disgusting amount of MONEY, to talk about star wars seriously.

These shows are actually starting to piss me off. The 'Technology of Starwars', the "history of star wars'... bla bla bla bla bla All they are, is a cheap way for the property to still earn money, without doing any real movie making which adds to the star wars universe

The historical similarities are idiotic. Any person who finished grade school, should have been able to put 2 and 2 together to find out it equals 4.

Basically, I'd much rather see documentatries on something more worthy, rather than seeing ANOTHER documentary on the supposed awesomeness of SW. It's just a cheap form of advertiseing

Down with George Lucas and his evil empire. Buddy is a hack, with lots of money, so he can do what he wants. He doesn't deserve what he's got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"