Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest....the Thrawn series was the only EU I really enjoyed. It showed us that killing the Emperor didn't mean that the Empire simply went away...it just hobbled along...a shadow of its former self.

There is a specific phrase in marketing when a company starts putting out varitaions and gimmick versions of it's product (i.e. Cherry Coke). Star Wars horror fits neatly into that category.
I liked Orange Mountain Dew. :o

I don't get how a TV show could be great and a movie would never work.

A film takes allot more meat - in a TV show (like the clone wars) you can do quick fun stories that don't require much explanation for you to enjoy - a film is 100% different.

I really, really doubt he felt that way back when the original movies were being made.

It doesn't matter whether or not he originally intended it to be that way - I personally think he did mean it to be about vader from the beginning. what does he get out of lying about it? But even if he didn't plan it that way from the very beginning, that's the way it is now.

I really, really doubt he felt that way back when the original movies were being made.

When Lucas began writing the script, it developed more and formed eventually into Anakin's story and he soon discovered it wouldn't all fit into one film. So he knew sequels would be made form that, and then he knew of a backstory. He knew Anakin was Vader when writing the script for ANH.

When Lucas began writing the script, it developed more and formed eventually into Anakin's story and he soon discovered it wouldn't all fit into one film. So he knew sequels would be made form that, and then he knew of a backstory. He knew Anakin was Vader when writing the script for ANH.

That's completely true - If you watch some of the documentaries on the writing process of A New Hope, you can see how it all played out - and the Anakin was always meant to be Vader, as well as the focus of the films.

Just listened to Binary Sunset from A New Hope. My god i love that trilogy.

I wouldn't mind if they started doing stories based on other characters in the galaxy. KOTOR, Republic Commando (books) & Force Unleashed would all make great movies.

Oh man, if they started a RC series, I'd probably piss my pants. I love the books, love the game. Mandolorians are my favorite culture in the SW universe. :up:

Closing time. Someone start another thread ...but not in a galaxy far, far away.

Yep, I just said that. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"