Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
failcc.jpg

:hehe:
OMG how stupid do u have to be to make that mistake? :facepalm::lmao:

I've never been one to bad mouth the movies, but I really wish they were more like the Old Republic trailers. :(

Officially, they're not gonna happen. And I hope it stays that way.

Same here - Granted it'd be amazing to see Luke, Han, Leia, Lando and Chewie all again on screen. But there's no story that could justify making it. Vader being the center point of all six films, is now dead. so without Vader, You don't have enough of a story to support another film - Let alone another trilogy.

I wouldn't mind if they started doing stories based on other characters in the galaxy. KOTOR, Republic Commando (books) & Force Unleashed would all make great movies.

The Star Wars universe is not limited to Darth Vader.

Of course it's not - other wise we wouldn't have things like the clone wars and such - but continuing onto episode 7, with the characters from the past six films, would never work, they're journey is over and done with, to bring it back wouldn't wash right. Not in a movie that is. a TV series set after ROTJ would be amazing.

Last edited:
I don't get how a TV show could be great and a movie would never work.

No, he doesn't mind the EU, it's just his films were always about Anakin's rise and fall.

No, he doesn't mind the EU, it's just his films were always about Anakin's rise and fall.

He has been quoted as saying Luke never gets married, no Solo babies, and such. Basically saying EU doesn't count. Only his films do.

He has been quoted as saying Luke never gets married, no Solo babies, and such. Basically saying EU doesn't count. Only his films do.
I dont think that`s what Lucas would have done with the characters if he was making a movie post ROTJ with Han, Leia and Luke, i think that`s why he dismisses them. To be honest, post ROTJ stuff for me personally hasnt been all that awesome. Yes, there`s some good stuff out there like the Thrawn Trilogy, but there`s also a lot of stupidity, like Palpatine getting cloned :whatever: and even though the Yuuzhan vong was an original idea, i still hated the deaths that happened during those novels! :argh: :csad:

For me if they made anything post ROTJ, it would have to be an original idea, not a rehash of the saga we already saw, in order to get me really interested. As much as i love SW i dont wanna see the same thing over and over. There`s a lot of Universe to choose from for them to limit themselves to the same thing.

I dont think that`s what Lucas would have done with the characters if he was making a movie post ROTJ with Han, Leia and Luke, i think that`s why he dismisses them. To be honest, post ROTJ stuff for me personally hasnt been all that awesome. Yes, there`s some good stuff out there like the Thrawn Trilogy, but there`s also a lot of stupidity, like Palpatine getting cloned :whatever: and even though the Yuuzhan vong was an original idea, i still hated the deaths that happened during those novels! :argh: :csad:

For me if they made anything post ROTJ, it would have to be an original idea, not a rehash of the saga we already saw, in order to get me really interested. As much as i love SW i dont wanna see the same thing over and over. There`s a lot of Universe to choose from for them to limit themselves to the same thing.

For me The New Jedi Order was pinnacle and the destruction of the EU post-ROTJ.

Basically all EU in that time period not written by Stover or Zhan is poorly written or simply uninteresting outside of the NJO. The NJO brings all the good aspects of the EU to a coherent story, full of excitement. The problem is while it is very good and you can see the Star Wars in it, it becomes far to dark, losing the fairy tale aspect that makes Star Wars so great.

No Star Wars novel can touch Star by Star or Traitor, but they are the death nail of the EU. They change the tone of the books from Star Wars to something else.

Worst of all in attempt to prove the books impact, they just kill characters for no reason. Character deaths have no payoff what so ever.

I'm thinking of buying Death troopers because it combines something I love Star Wars with something I fear, Zombies.

I'm thinking of buying Death troopers because it combines something I love Star Wars with something I fear, Zombies.

There is a specific phrase in marketing when a company starts putting out varitaions and gimmick versions of it's product (i.e. Cherry Coke). Star Wars horror fits neatly into that category.

No, they weren't. Lucas decided that retrospectively when he made the prequel trilogy. The original trilogy is about Luke, he is the central character, it's his heroes' journey, and he eventually redeems his father.

Check of The Secret History of Star Wars, it details all Lucas' ever-changing ideas of Star Wars and how the story was changed with every film.

George Lucas doesn't think so. He considers it the closest thing there is to his plans for Episodes VII-IX and gave Lucasfilm employees copies as presents.

But the Emperor is reborn, the Empire is as mighty as before, Luke falls to the darkside and... Boba Fett is NOT dead... which means Episode 6 was for nothing. It's a lame way to tell a story, just making everything like it was before. By ROTJ, the Rebels have won and that's the way it should be.

In one regard he is right, Dark Empire is, from the general tone, one of the few works that really feel like the OT Star Wars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back