• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steel Co-Creator Stands Up for Shaq

luis4u

Superhero
Reaction score
Speaking with Comic Book Resources, Simonson, who co-created Steel, was asked about the infamous movie while promoting the Super Secret Crisis Wars animated miniseries. And while Simonson admitted there was a lot wrong with the Steel film, she doesn't blame Shaq at all, saying the former NBA star did a decent job in the role of metallurgist John Henry Irons.
"Honestly, Shaq took a lot of flak, but I think he did a fine job," said Simonson, who's also worked on the Power Pack and X-Factor comics. "My problems were with the script and the costume. The costume was terrible on that one. Oh god, it was awful! [Laughs] Today they could do a better job. I could do a better job with the character myself."

It really wasn't Shaq's acting that was the problem with that movie. Remove the comic book aspect from a comic book adaptation, and a movie has a nearly insurmountable challenge. This movie was doomed because it didn't have its roots in the Superman/DC mythos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"