Steel...should they?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I like the Steel character...Even with the horror that was the Shaq version. I can see Steel fitting into the Smallville universe easy. With the "Blur" leaving his calling card. We could see John Henry Irons see the good he is doing and adapt his symbol and create the suit.

I think a good live action version would help erase the memory of this....

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/images/steel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only problem I have with that is I wouldn't want Steel to come before Superman.

I am all for bringing in the DCU, but I am very leery of it taking away from when Superman does finally make his appearance.

I do think that the character of John Henry Irons would fit very well into the SV universe. I've always been surprised he hasn't shown up sooner working for LuthorCorp.

Just leave Steel out of it for the time being though, IMO.

Steel feels to me like the kind of character that should be introduced in another superhero's franchise and given a spin-off if he's popular enough in it.
Give the GA a taste of him in a superman or JLA sequel and if it goes well, take it from there...

yea i agree he could so work in smallville's world but like the other poster said i wouldnt want to see him out and public before clark's hero is totally public.

I could see them using John Henry Irons as a character, long before his days as Steel. I would hate if yet another hero established himself well before Superman.

I could see them using John Henry Irons as a character, long before his days as Steel. I would hate if yet another hero established himself well before Superman.

Especially Steel because he John Henry Irons created Steel because of Superman.

Ya right their man, i wouldnt mind seeing the guy appear and maybe interact with clark and/or ollie in some form and say he is either a luthorcorp/queen industries worker. allued to him liking steel/metal but leave out him becoming steel to clark becoming totally public.

Especially Steel because he John Henry Irons created Steel because of Superman.

yes but rumour has it clark will be throwing the 's' symbol around as a calling card. JHI could easily pick that up

yes but rumour has it clark will be throwing the 's' symbol around as a calling card. JHI could easily pick that up

What about if they had John Henry Irons as a designer of equipment for GA and the other heros equipment. Basicly have him as the guy who designed GA's bows and arrows, and any other equipment that is used by the rest of the group. And they could set it up as GA discovered his talents from JHI work at Queen Industries, GA had him start designing equipment for himself at first then the others and finaly have him be tired of just sitting on the sidelines and use his own equipment to fight crime after meeting Clark.

The Shaq movie gave him a Krypton less origin. Not a humongous stretch to have that within context of Smallville.

The Superman connection (other than Steel being one of the 4 replacements during the Death) was Superman saving Irons' life and his advice to him to use that life to help others.

Clark Kent could do that and the Steel project can be tied to Luthor easily enough.

What about if they had John Henry Irons as a designer of equipment for GA and the other heros equipment. Basicly have him as the guy who designed GA's bows and arrows, and any other equipment that is used by the rest of the group. And they could set it up as GA discovered his talents from JHI work at Queen Industries, GA had him start designing equipment for himself at first then the others and finaly have him be tired of just sitting on the sidelines and use his own equipment to fight crime after meeting Clark.

Absolutely they could. They could have him guest over a few episodes like Emil Hamilton before having him become Steel.

I've always liked Steel. Too often people say to me that Superman is the pinicle of humanity, the man of tommorrow and a symbol of the very best of us but he's neither. He isn't even human. JHI is exactly that though, a man whose biggest asset is his mind but comes to blows when necessary. Surely that is what humanity strives for rather than Superman? It was solidified for me with the Death of Superman, he died because he couldn't outpunch Doomsday and he had no plan B. Superman might as well be a robot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"