Stephen King's Epic "The Dark Tower"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan_O'Brien

Civilian
Reaction score
Anyone excited???

In my mind, Josh Holloway "Tom Sawyer" should play the Roland character. He's freakin perfect for that role!

abrams is cool and everything... but i dunno.

who cares.. ill see any stephen king movie

Frank Darabont would make this into a better movie(s).

well... we can only wish for frank... but it wont happen

His directorial style and vision might not match up with dark tower, but as a producer he would be awesome.

Unlike the alleged producer actions, he will find the right people for the job not the cheapest, and he will not suspend artistic integrity for marketability.

Aren't there robots similar to Doombots in "The Dark Tower" books?

Yeah. Damn this thread maker for getting my hopes up on a confirmation. I like Lost and dug MI3 so I see no reason why I shouldn't have faith in the man. I'd like it even more if they brought in Darabont in some way. And I'd like it even MORE if they have the balls to change around a lot of the events in the last 3 books, as lets face it: they mostly sucked.

I hope they don't make this a movie.
I tried to read the dark tower books but they were so poorly written I couldn't stand them.

i love these books. they have to do a single movie for all 7 if they do this and not try to squeeze 2 in one or some crap like that. this abrams rumor has been going around for awhile now though.

doing all 7 books as 7 films is a giant commitment. it would be bigger than LOTR commitment. i find it hard to believe an actor or filmmaker would take it on.

This series will never happen. Trust me.

And if it does... it sure as hell won't be 7 movies. Maybe 1 movie just called "The Gunslinger", since that stands alone nicely.

But 7 movies? Come on. No way. It would take thirty years.

AND... if Darabont's not doing it, I will not be in the theater.

Of course, my opinion means nothing... so whatever.

I hope they don't make this a movie.
I tried to read the dark tower books but they were so poorly written I couldn't stand them.
i thought the early ones back when king still had a drinking problem were good, once he sobered up his writing turned into violent vulgar crap with no direction, no character development and no readability.

If he does a good job with Star Trek then I'm all for this.

I'll just have to wait and see.

I would really like to see JJ tackle a king book. simply because one of the main inspirations for LOST is King, so would love to see his passion for King translated into an actual King movie.

Much like I have wanted to see Kevin Smith do an actual comic book movie.

This series will never happen. Trust me.

And if it does... it sure as hell won't be 7 movies. Maybe 1 movie just called "The Gunslinger", since that stands alone nicely.

But 7 movies? Come on. No way. It would take thirty years.

AND... if Darabont's not doing it, I will not be in the theater.

Of course, my opinion means nothing... so whatever.
they're doing it w/ harry potter.

If what i've heard about the ending to the book series is right then if they did all 7 movies. Most viewers would be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"