Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot

NO!

This better not be a sign of dumping this on their streamer after they just brought Evil Dead into theatrical! That wouldn't be a good sign.

NO!

This better not be a sign of dumping this on their streamer after they just brought Evil Dead into theatrical! That wouldn't be a good sign.
Word is that WBD literally doesn't have the money to market more than 2 or 3 films this year so they are shifting a lot of movies back to next year hiping their situation will improve next year.

Word is that WBD literally doesn't have the money to market more than 2 or 3 films this year so they are shifting a lot of movies back to next year hiping their situation will improve next year.

Yes, but you think they'd just date the thing for later in the year.

I'd actually be ok with an October 2023 if it comes to it.

Off the calendar? FFS. This is one of my most anticipated movies.

Test Screenings Of Salem’s Lot
Posted: September 1, 2022, 14:47:01
Section: Film » Salem's Lot
Next Wednesday there are two test screenings for Salem’s Lot. Not sure if they have added new scenes or just want to know what people think about it but maybe some of you are able to attend (get tickets here)...and then come back and tell us all about it.

salemscreening.jpg

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2022]

Curious how this is shaping up.

It has the potential to be, maybe not as big as IT, but definitely up there in terms of Stephen King adaptations at the box office.

But WB removing it completely from the calendar has me a bit worried.

Kurt Barlow Has Arrived In Salem’s Lot
Posted: October 19, 2022, 00:46:59
Section: Film » Salem's Lot

544ea533-6712-436e-bd0f-753317.jpg

One Take News reports that multiple sources have confirmed that Alexander Ward has been cast as Kurt Barlow in the upcoming remake of Salem’s Lot.

Not much is known about the movie and no footage or stills have been released but OTN confirms that the film has been tested multiple times and overall had mostly positive reactions.

The premier is set for April 21, 2023.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2022]

Salem's Lot Star Teases the Terror of New Stephen King Adaptation

"It's a scary thing doing these remakes, man. It's like, this and [Top Gun: Maverick], there's such pressure, it's a hard concoction to conjure up to make it successful," Pullman recalled to ComicBook.com. "But Gary Dauberman, the director, is really keen on doing justice to the book. But also, the previous adaptation was a two-parter, because it's such a hefty book and there are so many different moving parts and so many characters. So there are some parts where Gary had to press and find what was really at the heart of the movie to keep in, but for the most part, he's really true to the book and keeping a lot of the original dialogue in there. He's a Stephen King hound dog so he doesn't wanna do Stephen dirty."

He continued, "So I think it's in good hands, Gary's a really smart guy who has a keen eye for things. I think, not just lean on the jump scares, but lean on the more conceptual and visual things that, rather than a shock that fades out of your body in the next five minutes, something that's more visual, like an imprint that burnt into your retinas as a disturbing image that you'll

There’s rumors going around about bad test screenings leading to major reshoots for this. Rumor is Alexander Ward has replaced William Sadler as Barlow.

Two King Movies Officially Rated
Posted: November 17, 2022, 09:54:01
Sections: Film » Salem's Lot, Film » The Boogeyman
Motion Picture Association has confirmed that the Salem’s Lot remake has been officially rated and got an R for "R for bloody violence and language." The movie does still not have a release date, but now that it has a rating, that's hopefully next.

The Boogeyman has also been rated and was given a PG-13 rating for “Terror, violent content, teen drug use, and some strong language.”

The movie don’t have a release date yet but hopefully that will happen soon. The problem though, might be that it’s been expanded quite a bit compared to the story.

“Still reeling from the tragic death of their mother, a teenage girl and her little brother find themselves plagued by a sadistic presence in their house and struggle to get their grieving father to pay attention before it’s too late.”

Maybe they actually make a theatrical date for this thing now?

Sounds a little too short to me considering the source material. I was hoping for 2 hrs (not including credits).

I'm fine with a shorter runtime. I think the ensemble scope of the novel wasn't quite within King's grasp at the time he wrote it. I admire the ambition, but I'd like to see a filmed version of this story that cuts to the chase.

The runtime is fine by me as well. Lots of the older horror movies were only an hour and half. This is better. :)

WTF? Theatrical horror is at an all time high. How bad can this be if they’re dumping it like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"