Stephen King's "The Dark Tower"

UnkillableMick

Over-analyst
Reaction score
So it now seems that Brian Grazer and Ron Howard will be adapting my favourite book series, after J.J. Abrams gave up the rights.

Odd choice, but The Da Vinci Code was apparently a pretty faithful adaptation, so here's hoping...

Color me uninterested.

I've been reading Dark Tower (almost finished The Wastelands) and i just cant see Ron Howard adapting this. And if Akiva Goldsman writes the script it becomes nightmarish. :doh:

I think the gunslinger is a pretty difficult book to adapt. I just hope they don't try to condense the first two books in a single movie.

I've been reading Dark Tower (almost finished The Wastelands) and i just cant see Ron Howard adapting this. And if Akiva Goldsman writes the script it becomes nightmarish. :doh:

I think the gunslinger is a pretty difficult book to adapt. I just hope they don't try to condense the first two books in a single movie.

That'll happen at the very least. Seven books condensed into three movies?

That'll happen at the very least. Seven books condensed into three movies?

Seven books , seven movies :woot:

As i said , i still haven't finished the 3rd book but they work really well individually. The Gunslinger as one movie could be awesome. Sadly i don't see how Howard would accomplish that.

Having only read the first book(bought the set like a year ago but gave up on the 2nd book) and the Marvel comic series I'm probably not at invested in this stuff as alot of people but these would indeed be good movies.

I wish to shout for Sam Elliot as Roland...

I'm interested in seeing what Roland's palaver with Walter O'Dim looks like from The Gunslinger. It best be tripping balls yo.:awesome:

My main worry is that the studio would want to aim for a PG-13 rating and thereby dilute some of the great mythology of the series, such as the sex demons, Lud, the Charyou Tree...and the scene under the mountains.

Sam Elliot is too old for Roland; he might make a good Steven Deschain though.

I'd like to have Frank Darabont directing this. He's done good with King's work so far. Oh well.

Well , after finishing the Gunslinger here's who i'd cast for the main characters

Roland : Stephen Moyer (True Blood)
The Man in Black : Mickey Rourke , predictable I know, but I think he'd be great
Jake Chambers: Aaron Refvem
Cort : Wade Williams (Prison Break)
Allie : Laura Dern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"