Stepmonster (1993)

turtlefocker

Superhero
Reaction score
515JZZ1AR8L._SS500_.jpg

Todd Dougherty has an imagination driven by comic book. So when he accuses his soon-to-be stepmother of being a monster, no one believes him. When neighbors start turning up dead, it becomes a race against time for Todd to stop this hideous, carnivorous creature from marrying his dad and ruining his life.
Released in 1993 the film went on to astounding box-office success currently holding the #2 spot (just below Titanic). Roger Ebert said of the film in his '93 review:

"Stepmonster is such a superbly TERRIFYING film that I almost want to leave it at that. To just stop writing right now and advise you to go out and see it as soon as you can. I so much want to avoid revealing plot points that I don't even want to risk my usual strategy of oblique hints. You deserve to walk into this one cold."

He praised the performances with:

"Surrounded by death for one or the other, the two men begin to talk. Without revealing anything of the plot, let me speculate that each senses he has found the first man he has met in years who is his equal in conversation. Corben and Feldman play this dialogue so precisely that it never reveals itself for what it really is, a testing of mutual insight. One trial of a great actor is the ability to let dialogue do its work invisibly. Too many actors are like the guy who laughs at his own joke and then tells it to you again. Feldman especially proves himself to be the best actor of his generation."

__

The film is in the process of being REMADE. This has caused an uproar unlike any other throughout the AFI (American Film Institute)

AFI_40yrs5.gif

Stepmonster was a fun flick. It use to scare the hell out of me when I was nine. Especially that damn Monster Denise turns into.

Dont really see any info on this movie. But if done right, it can be tons better than the original. I'm all for remake, if they get a sexy charismatic actress as the Stepmonster. I would go for a hard PG-13 though.

I'm surprised there aren't that many fans on the board...

This movie was awesome. Especially at the end when the ***** gets it!

Released in 1993 the film went on to astounding box-office success currently holding the #2 spot (just below Titanic). Roger Ebert said of the film in his '93 review:

"Stepmonster is such a superbly TERRIFYING film that I almost want to leave it at that. To just stop writing right now and advise you to go out and see it as soon as you can. I so much want to avoid revealing plot points that I don't even want to risk my usual strategy of oblique hints. You deserve to walk into this one cold."

He praised the performances with:

"Surrounded by death for one or the other, the two men begin to talk. Without revealing anything of the plot, let me speculate that each senses he has found the first man he has met in years who is his equal in conversation. Corben and Feldman play this dialogue so precisely that it never reveals itself for what it really is, a testing of mutual insight. One trial of a great actor is the ability to let dialogue do its work invisibly. Too many actors are like the guy who laughs at his own joke and then tells it to you again. Feldman especially proves himself to be the best actor of his generation."

__

Just caught this on T.V. and did a search here... are those real reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"