The Fugitive (1993)

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
I recently rewatched this movie, and it is one of my favorites of 93, and on of my favorites of this genre.

The movie was nominated for 7 Oscars back in 93, and went on wining Supporting Actor for Tommy Lee Jones.

Let's face it, Jones didn't deserve to win. Not when he was nominated with Ralph Fineness (Schindler's List) & Leonardo DiCaprio (What's Eating Gilbert Grape). But his nomination was well deserved. This is one of the few roles in Jones career, that he just have fun.

What is your opinion of this film?

Loved it. Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones played well against each other.

I think it's a great movie that doesn't get boring, it just gets more exciting as we the audience sympathize with Richard Kimble's quest to search the truth.

I was raised on this movie.

"What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."

Absolutely loved this movie. It has been so long since I've seen it, though. I might have to add it to my "to watch" queue and check it out again.

Great movie! Probably the best tv series to film adaptation.
Also Tommy Lee Jones was a better "Javert" than Russel Crowe:cwink:

A childhood favorite that still holds up. Incredibly engaging, both TLJ and Ford are at the top of their game.

A very solid film, and one of considerable replay value.

I also distinctly remember watching the original television show with David Janssen on A&E when the film was making it's theatrical rounds. I believe NBC also aired a prime time special that had the pilot episode, played back to back with the last episode as well. Good stuff.

"I didn't kill my wife!"
"I don't care."

:awesome:

I was raised on this movie.
You mean instead of watching Barney the Dinosaur your parents had you watch this? well I guess it's best to learn about detective work at a young age, right? :woot:

I just picked this up on blu ray a few months ago, I forgot how much I loved it. Great story.

I still haven't seen this. I did see U.S. Marshalls in the theater though.

That's similar to Fugitive, but not near as good IMO.

"I didn't kill my wife!"
"I don't care."

:awesome:

Best impromptu ever.

I was talking with my friend the other day, they don't make actors like this any more. Now days everyone wants to be a method acting chameleon, back then people had real presence and personality. Like John Wayne, you really rooted for the home team. Now there isn't a home team, just two psychologically twisted teams in conflict. end rant

Let's face it, Jones didn't deserve to win. Not when he was nominated with Ralph Fineness (Schindler's List) & Leonardo DiCaprio (What's Eating Gilbert Grape). But his nomination was well deserved. This is one of the few roles in Jones career, that he just have fun.

What is your opinion of this film?

I completely agree.

This was one of the first movies I saw Julianne Moore in. I remember seeing her character and falling in love on the spot.

Cool cover for the James Newton Howard score. I love the stills of Jones and Ford they used:

iEm42hqK1Ok9p.jpg

This was one of the first movies I saw Julianne Moore in. I remember seeing her character and falling in love on the spot.
This was my first time seeing Julianne and thinking "damn she's pretty".

One of my favourite films, I have watched it so many times I've lost count. It's such an engaging thriller with 2 colossal leads who play off each other really well. the dialogue is sharp, the mystery intriguing and the set pieces superb.

"What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."

Timeless classic quote! :D :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"