Comics Storm & T'Challa: Royal Wedding Countdown Discussion

sebita said:
First of all, there is a wedding set, a date and a party, but we don't know if they are getting married or not. What if the whole intention was to create buzz and hype and at the last instant something happens that prevents the wedding?? It can still happen, until that issue is on our hands, or until we see the solicits for August saying "The honeymoon starts here" we cannot say for sure they are going to get married.

Judging that they had a designer design Storm's wedding dress along with Cho doing the cover, I can say with utter certainty that the marriage is going to happen.

Cyclops said:
I'm having a difficult time understanding just what the heck you said, toya.

here is a revision, hope you comprehend..

In previous posts, some people are saying that they would rather Storm die before she marry the black panther. In other words, that Storm dying is preferable over her marriage to the Black Panther. If i were a Storm fan who opposed the marriage then I would prefer the Black Panther to die so that the marriage does not happen rather than Storm to die.

Not ALL storm fans are against the marriage though. I am one who is not against the marriage between the Black Panther and Storm. I loathe that once a person say they did not like what they read in the Black Panther comicbook, they are automatically considered a "Storm fan". Even though in many cases they might have a avatar of Cyclops, Phoenix, President Bush or a Carrot and identify themselves as a general X-Men comicbook reader or a Black Panther reader.

Cyclops said:
I'm having a difficult time understanding just what the heck you said, toya.

here is a revision, hope you comprehend..

In previous posts, some people are saying that they would rather Storm die before she marry the black panther. In other words, that Storm dying is preferable over her marriage to the Black Panther. If i were a Storm fan who opposed the marriage then I would prefer the Black Panther to die so that the marriage does not happen rather than Storm to die.

Not ALL storm fans are against the marriage though. I am one who is not against the marriage between the Black Panther and Storm. I loathe that once a person say they did not like what they read in the Black Panther comicbook, they are automatically considered a "Storm fan". Even though in many cases they might have a avatar of Cyclops, Phoenix, President Bush or a Carrot and identify themselves as a general X-Men comicbook reader or a Black Panther reader.

Even if there is a wedding gown designed. Until the issue is in our hands, it's not 100% certain.

There ya go, toya. :) Grammar and actual words are your friends. :)

sebita said:
Even if there is a wedding gown designed. Until the issue is in our hands, it's not 100% certain.

Well Sebita, thats generally how life is,no? Nothing is certain.If nothing prevents Marvel from going through with the marriage then, I assure you that they will. Even if it is to avoid the embarrassment from the pluggins, having a designer make the dress and Cho doing the cover and a variant for Black Panther #18.

From what I have read so far and what is said to be in store for Storm in the future, I hope they do go through with the marriage. I also hope that maybe later you and some others who are not in favor of the marriage at the moment can grow to like the upcoming issues of the Black Panther.

Sorry. I read the Christopher Priest run, and THAT was the Black Panther. This guy? This guy ain't.

toya thegr8 said:
I also hope that maybe later you and some others who are not in favor of the marriage at the moment can grow to like the upcoming issues of the Black Panther.

Sure sure, just as soon as they hire a decent writer...

Cyclops said:
Sorry. I read the Christopher Priest run, and THAT was the Black Panther. This guy? This guy ain't.

I am assuming that you prefer Priest's Black Panther over Hudlin's. That is your personal taste and its understandable.

weatherwitch said:
Sure sure, just as soon as they hire a decent writer...

Not to fan flames but, what is it that you are not in favor of when it comes to Hudlin's Black Panther comicbook, the characterization of T'Challa, Ororo, both or something else?

I can't really consider Hudlin's run on the Black Panther a Black Panther run since instead of reading the character's history and getting it and his personality right, he decided to make it all up himself.

So this guy he's writing is not the Black Panther that's been a part of the Marvel Universe for almost 40 years. I don't know who he is, but he's not T'Challa.

toya thegr8 said:
Not to fan flames but, what is it that you are not in favor of when it comes to Hudlin's Black Panther comicbook, the characterization of T'Challa, Ororo, both or something else?

BlahblahblahwahwahwahSTORMANDWOLVERINEFOREVERwahwahwahblahblah.

There will be a post, but those are the Cliffs notes, Toya.

FairuzaAzure said:

You really don't want to attempt to go head to head with me, trust me. Keep it on topic before I make you cry little fanboy.

toya thegr8 said:
I am assuming that you prefer Priest's Black Panther over Hudlin's. That is your personal taste and its understandable.

It's his misrepresentation of established characters. Not to mention his overall sexist approach to writing women. It's a bit overcompensating I think, but hey that's just me. I am not opposed to Storm and T'Challa as i have said numerous times, including on Hudlin's own site. i am opposed to the way they are going about it. I'd like to see a more mature, developed story. Not some slapdashed forced union. That's my grief.

weatherwitch said:
You really don't want to attempt to go head to head with me, trust me. Keep it on topic before I make you cry little fanboy.

Bring it, weatherb*tch. And I'm a woman - unlike you, as shown by your pathetic attempts at e-thuggery.

(giggling maniacally at the fact that STORM AND BLACK PANTHER ARE GETTING MARRIED, NOT STORM AND WOLVERINE HA HA HA HA-HA!)

FairuzaAzure said:
Bring it, weatherb*tch. And I'm a woman - unlike you, as shown by your pathetic attempts at e-thuggery.

"Fanboy" is a nongendered term. Keep it on topic. I refuse to have it out with someone that actually uses the words "Bring it" and namecalling as retort. You just aren't that important. Add to the discussion about the wedding or mosey on out of the thread. Not thuggery, forum etiquitte.

Giggling maniacally? Over comic characters? Wow. uhm, yeah, that's special. I'm a RoLoshipper--and all that means is that is my ship of choice. Doesn't mean I'm against other 'ships.

FairuzaAzure said:

Well I like RoLo. But let's face it, it just ain't gonna happen except maybe in UXM. Mavel has hinted at it and as usual nothing comes of it. This is where my question, "Are you a bigger Storm fan or a bigger RoLoer?" comes in. I for one am a bigger Storm fan. Thus any meaningful relationship, like the one with T'Challa, she is placed in gets my vote.

But I don't believe that all Storm fans are against the marriage because of hopes for a Storm and Wolverine romance..I would hope not. So, I am just interested in weatherwitch's or anyone who says there is something wrong with Hudlin's Black Panther comicbook reason specifically.

cyclops said:
I can't really consider Hudlin's run on the Black Panther a Black Panther run since instead of reading the character's history and getting it and his personality right, he decided to make it all up himself.

So this guy he's writing is not the Black Panther that's been a part of the Marvel Universe for almost 40 years. I don't know who he is, but he's not T'Challa.

I have not read any of Priest's Black Panther except for excerpts. Due to that reason, I cannot challenge your view that the character is completely different.

On several forums, almost everyone who have read both Priest's and Hudlin's Panther agree that there is a difference in T'Challa's characterization. That maybe true but there are readers of Priest's run who not only agree that the character is different but that Hudlin's take is good also. Again, its understandable for you not to like Hudlin'd take--you're not the only one and people are entitled to their opinions. But with the same breath I would say that I like Hudlin's Panther even though is the only one I have read.

FairuzaAzure said:

(giggling maniacally at the fact that STORM AND BLACK PANTHER ARE GETTING MARRIED, NOT STORM AND WOLVERINE HA HA HA HA-HA!)

Excuse me? What's up with the name calling? Fairuza read the below:

Trolling is considered...posting in an established thread or forum for the expressed purpose of ticking off as many people as possible that would normally be reading that thread or forum. Trolling can result in a warning or probation. Continued trolling may result in banning.

Fairuza, please note that what you are doing now is considered trolling, aka purposely antagonizing others. Knock it off, starting with dropping the name-calling. If you are unable to debate this subject with civilty and respect of your peers it can be arranged to where you won't discuss anything at all.

I'm giving both of you ladies an opportunity here to take the higher road. I suggest you take it.

Lightning Strikez! said:
I'm giving both of you ladies an opportunity here to take the higher road. I suggest you take it.

spank.gif

I feel properly chastised and disciplined. :p

weatherwitch said:
It's his misrepresentation of established characters. Not to mention his overall sexist approach to writing women. It's a bit overcompensating I think, but hey that's just me. I am not opposed to Storm and T'Challa as i have said numerous times, including on Hudlin's own site. i am opposed to the way they are going about it. I'd like to see a more mature, developed story. Not some slapdashed forced union. That's my grief.

Oh okay and your opinion is understandable. I do disagree with your comment on his writing is sexist. As a female, I have not read anything sexist in his book. I also disagree that the marriage is slapdashed forced. Is the proposal unexpected? Sure. Slapdashed? Nope. The marriage itself is not until summer.

By mature you mean..? Can you tell me how its immature?

But as I said if thats your view, then thats your view. I disagree with it on some levels but I respect it none-the-less.

toya thegr8 said:
Well I like RoLo. But let's face it, it just ain't gonna happen except maybe in UXM. Mavel has hinted at it and as usual nothing comes of it. This is where my question, "Are you a bigger Storm fan or a bigger RoLoer?" comes in. I for one am a bigger Storm fan. Thus any meaningful relationship, like the one with T'Challa, she is placed in gets my vote.

But I don't believe that all Storm fans are against the marriage because of hopes for a Storm and Wolverine romance..I would hope not. So, I am just interested in weatherwitch's or anyone who says there is something wrong with Hudlin's Black Panther comicbook reason specifically.

I have not read any of Priest's Black Panther except for excerpts. Due to that reason, I cannot challenge your view that the character is completely different.

On several forums, almost everyone who have read both Priest's and Hudlin's Panther agree that there is a difference in T'Challa's characterization. That maybe true but there are readers of Priest's run who not only agree that the character is different but that Hudlin's take is good also. Again, its understandable for you not to like Hudlin'd take--you're not the only one and people are entitled to their opinions. But with the same breath I would say that I like Hudlin's Panther even though is the only one I have read.

Then your best bet is to stay away from other writers' Black Panthers, because you'll see. Hudlin changed the origin, changed the personality, changed the villains all because he was just too lazy to read what they were really like, and to me, that's reprehensible. If you're going to write a character, do the tiny bit of research necessary to get him or her right. It's really not that hard.

toya thegr8 said:
Oh okay and your opinion is understandable. I do disagree with your comment on his writing is sexist. As a female, I have not read anything sexist in his book. I also disagree that the marriage is slapdashed forced. Is the proposal unexpected? Sure. Slapdashed? Nope. The marriage itself is not until summer.

By mature you mean..? Can you tell me how its immature?

But as I said if thats your view, then thats your view. I disagree with it on some levels but I respect it none-the-less.

My assessment also comes from comments Hudlin has made himself. Strippers and parties, Storm half-naked and acting out of character.

It's immature because it's very highschool. "You left me *boo hoo* all alone, a child in love...we could have had it all..." "You said once that you'd do anything for me, now prove it, marry me" (paraphrasing) Sex on a plane? OMG, my hair?!? Yeah, I'd expect this from teenagers.

but again, it's only my opinion. agree with it, or not. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to change their opinions. I'm merely stating my own. Whether the marriage happens or not holds very little real life importance to me. :p

weatherwitch said:
My assessment also comes from comments Hudlin has made himself. Strippers and parties, Storm half-naked and acting out of character.
It's common for a bachelor to have a bachelor party. At bachelor parties there usually are strippers. I too like the idea that a man is so in love with a woman that he is not even thinking that a stripper in action is not worth a look at. But let's face it, thats human and character nature to see and like lol.

Storm half-naked?? Were we reading different Black Panther comics? Cause all that was missing was her cape and tiara. Cape and Tiara--nothing else.

It's immature because it's very highschool. "You left me *boo hoo* all alone, a child in love...we could have had it all..." "You said once that you'd do anything for me, now prove it, marry me" (paraphrasing) Sex on a plane? OMG, my hair?!? Yeah, I'd expect this from teenagers.
Lol Well like I said, until Storm #6 is released we do not know the EXTENT of which their seperation as teens affected Ororo and its her resultant behavior in Black Panther #15.
Sex on a jet, well I may not be in a position to discuss that but his jet is not a sessna. Like a luxury hotel in the sky is how I would describe its accomadations.
but again, it's only my opinion. agree with it, or not. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to change their opinions. I'm merely stating my own.
I understand and its cool with me, 'cause I am doing the same.
Whether the marriage happens or not holds very little real life importance to me. :p
I would not hope otherwise. :cool:

Acting all big and tough is so cool, especially when you're on the Internet.

toya thegr8 said:
It's common for a bachelor to have a bachelor party. At bachelor parties there usually are strippers. I too like the idea that a man is so in love with a woman that he is not even thinking that a stripper in action is not worth a look at. But let's face it, thats human and character nature to see and like lol.

Storm half-naked?? Were we reading different Black Panther comics? Cause all that was missing was her cape and tiara. Cape and Tiara--nothing else.

Lol Well like I said, until Storm #6 is released we do not know the EXTENT of which their seperation as teens affected Ororo and its her resultant behavior in Black Panther #15.
Sex on a jet, well I may not be in a position to discuss that but his jet is not a sessna. Like a luxury hotel in the sky is how I would describe its accomadations.

I understand and its cool with me, 'cause I am doing the same.

I would not hope otherwise. :cool:

Human character, fine-- but that wasn't Panther (at least not before Hudlin) and the fact that Hudlin is jovially promoting the strippers says a lot about how he really thinks (hell watch BET for more than 15 minutes if you can and get the gist of his oversexed undersubstantiated POV)

The half naked comes from the cover art and the more than risque wedding dress that was designed specifically to have "her boobs pop out". Granted, it's not so much the attire (comic heroes are known for their skimpy clothing) but the need to put her in a bikini all of the sudden.

No, we don't need #6, their backstory was already written. It is being unraveled and rewritten to fit Hudlin's version of panther (a complete bastardization of Priest's).

I own most of Priest's run and all of Hudlin's, so I feel comfortable saying that.

It's on a jet, regardless of quality. Call me a romantic, but I want epic love to have more substance than an implied bump and grind on a plane.

But regardless of circumstance and real life, this is not real life it's a comic with 30-40 year established characters so the old "Life is funny like that" doesn't quite work in this genre where the foundation of good comics and good stories is continuity.

I'm off to bed now, sweet dreams all.