Streaming Wars: Which Service do you Use the Most?

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney +, HBO Max, Vudu, DC Universe, Apple TV +.....Peacock. In 2020 i think we can officially say that we’ve gotten to the point where we surf through these streaming services like we used to flip through television channels. I know I do. Theres so many of these out now, which service do you guys use the most or feel had the best content and how do you feel about this growing abundance of streaming apps?

HBO Max for me. It’s been a godsend during this quarantine. That TCM section is just...glorious. I think it’ll only become even more of a go-to for me once all of DCU’s content migrates over there, too.

Runner up would probably be Hulu, though. They still have several of my most-rewatched favorite shows.

I’d say I use Netflix the most with Amazon Prime and Disney+ not too far behind.

Hulu for sure. I like having shows playing in the background and while I go to sleep. Hulu just have the most shows to do that.

Prime and HBO Max are kinda tied.

Disney+ is 3rd

Netflix is at the bottom. I really don't like the quality of what they put out most of the time and they're looking all their acquired shows that I like (The Office, Parks and Rec, etc.)

It's kind of a three-way tie between Netflix, HBO Max and Disney+ at the moment. I've been binging shows and movies from all three platforms a lot this year.

Probably Amazon Prime with Netflix second.

I own most of what I would watch on Disney + except The Mandalorian.

My wife and I: Tie between Netflix and Hulu. Disney Plus a distant 3rd.

Our Kids: Disney Plus, Netflix, and Hulu a distant 3rd.

1. Netflix
2. Disney Plus
3. New Japan World
4. WWE Network
5. Amazon Prime
6. HBO Max

I am pretty pleased with all of them, with probably the exception of Amazon Prime. Which I feel like I use more for shipping then anything. Netflix, I rewatch a lot of shows, same with Disney Plus.

WWE Network, followed by Netflix and VRV.

Netflix and Hulu. Netflix has been leading lately because they seem to have the deepest horror catalog and it's that time of year. HBOMax would be higher but being back at home for the time being has me stuck with cruddy Internet, and it runs at the slowest speed.

Netflix and Hulu by far.

I think Prime will catch up a bit in the next few years.

Hulu for sure. Afterwards it’s Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and then WWE Network.

Amazon Prime. Then Sling’s on demand content. Then Disney Plus. I also like Pluto TV even though it has commercials

I think it’s gotten to the point where I have way too many of these services. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Disney Plus, and Hulu. There are times where I’m just flipping through the services and I don’t end up watching anything. Definitely need to scale it back to one or two apps and just do a deep dive of what they have to offer. It’s impossible to try to watch every tv show and movie out there

Prime for quantity, just to have things to watch but HBO Max is killing it with quality. Hulu after those two.

I think it’s gotten to the point where I have way too many of these services. I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Disney Plus, and Hulu. There are times where I’m just flipping through the services and I don’t end up watching anything. Definitely need to scale it back to one or two apps and just do a deep dive of what they have to offer. It’s impossible to try to watch every tv show and movie out there

Same man, part of the reason I created the thread. Do y'all think its becoming a little too much at this point?

After HBO Max launched this year (even though I already had HBO Now) I can't see getting another service.

And honestly I don't think there's one that appeals to me much.

The Paramount one is launching sometime soon. But I can't see getting it

I don’t watch Prime too much just because their interface is horrible. It’s impossible to find anything.

Mostly Netflix. Debating on getting Hulu though.

HBO Max is available as an add-on to Hulu, if that helps anyone thinking about it.

I finally put in an order for an Nvidia Shield today, because I've been anticipating signing up for HBO Max and potentially other services that my smart BD player doesn't support. Looks like DC Universe might be ending their streaming at the end of the month, so I'm getting prepared to make the jump to HBO Max.

Recently I've been using DCU the most, followed by Netflix. Occasionally Hulu. Don't have any other subscriptions at the moment.

Last edited:
HBO Max is available as an add-on to Hulu, if that helps anyone thinking about it.

I finally put in an order for an Nvidia Shield today, because I've been anticipating signing up for HBO Max and potentially other services that my smart BD player doesn't support. Looks like DC Universe might be ending their streaming at the end of the month, so I'm getting prepared to make the jump to HBO Max.

Recently I've been using DCU the most, followed by Netflix. Occasionally Hulu. Don't have any other subscriptions at the moment.
Just FYI, if you sign up through Hulu, you don't get the Max content through Hulu. Just the HBO content. You'll still have to download the HBO Max app to your Shield to get all the content.

Reactions: Asr

the trick is to rotate them.

I don’t watch Prime too much just because their interface is horrible. It’s impossible to find anything.

Mostly Netflix. Debating on getting Hulu though.

Yeah, Prime's interface is garbage. And basically makes everything thing look unappealing, like, you don't even want to click on it, haha. With all that money Amazon has, can't believe they haven't overhauled that interface yet.

The other thing that frustrates me with Prime is some of the third party TV shows they get as Prime for a while don't last long as Prime. And I don't have time to binge stuff... I've been in the middle of watching a season of something on Prime and the next day, gone.

But Prime is getting several Originals I am stoked for like Underground Railroad and Wheel of Time, so they staying.

I also don't care for Hulu's interface much (better than Prime's, though) or the muted visuals of its codec, plus the repetition of the same ads is annoying... but it is worth it for all the creative competition shows I like to watch like Cutthroat Kitchen plus my wife's shows. Or if we miss a network show episode. Really don't need cable at all.

Netflix has a ton of junk but also a ton of great stuff and I really appreciate their approach to distributing a lot of foreign films and shows plus how they partner with some great filmmakers to fund the passion projects that other studios won't. Netflix has also been the most intentional in supporting diversity of representation and artistic perspective. And their interface is the best by far. Their biggest problem is overloading their library with a lot of mediocre stuff so you really have to sift through it and then also how quick they are to cancel their TV shows, even the ones with acclaim like The Dark Crystal or a cult following like The OA.

HBO Max sounds pretty good but I already have Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney+, and CBS All-Access (comes with another subscription I have otherwise no way I'd pay for that) and that's already way more than I can rightly use, so I doubt I am gonna get any other ones.

For me, Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ are a package deal. I've had them the longest. Recently, I resubscribed to Netflix. I used to have CBS All Access, but I doubt I'll subscribe to it again.

I also use Peacock and Tubi on a free basis. I don't think I'll add any additional pay streams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"