Streaming Wars: Which Service do you Use the Most?

I still have Sky (cable) despite coming very close to cancelling recently. Re streaming I have Amazon Prime (permanently), Netflix, and Disney +. I could see myself keeping all of those for good. I'd be wary of adding to that unless it's HBO Max available here and giving me what I want.

For me, primarily Disney+, followed by Netflix. This can admittedly change around depending on recent releases, I mostly use both to watch newly released shows.

Probably Netflix or ESPN+ (for UFC fight nights)

What I currently have rn:

Netflix
HBO Max
Disney+
ESPN+
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Peacock
Paramount+
AMC+ (which includes AMC, IFC Films, Shudder, and Sundance Now)
Showtime
Criterion Channel
YouTube Premium

and YouTubeTV

Probably Netflix or ESPN+ (for UFC fight nights)

What I currently have rn:

Netflix
HBO Max
Disney+
ESPN+
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Peacock
Paramount+
AMC+ (which includes AMC, IFC Films, Shudder, and Sundance Now)
Showtime
Criterion Channel
YouTube Premium

and YouTubeTV

Whoa...how much does that run you per month or do you share with other people and split the cost?

It's all me.

I have to check but some of them I paid in advance for a year or 2 because they were basically $3 or $4 a month if you broke it down like Disney+ and Paramount.

I do know that I'm still saving money relatively compared to getting cable/satellite without a contract (almost $200) which I did for so many years and I get so much more content in comparison.

I am thinking of getting rid of some of mine. I barely watch half of the streaming services now. Of course it'd be nice if all of them allowed you pay for the year upfront like I do w/P+, D+

Well if you count YouTube Premium as a streaming service then it wins by 100 miles. I have it just to not have to watch adds. Other than that in the last month or two it has probably been Netflix. It really just depends which service has the most movies/shows that I want to watch at any given time.

Currently, I pay for:

Hulu
HBO Max
Paramount Plus (got 18 months for $10 total w/ a special promo)
Disney+ (paid for 3 years at about $3.80/mo with that D23 discount)
Peacock (used the $30 for a year of premium promo)
Amazon Prime
Locast w/ Stremium DVR

And through other family members, I also get:

YouTubeTV
Netflix

Hulu and HBO Max are the ones I use pretty much daily. Netflix remains the least-used, though Paramount Plus is close. I definitely won't continue on with that one when my promo ends. Probably not Peacock either. I would drop both Netflix and YouTubeTV if I ever had to pay for them myself. I do like still having live TV, but not at YTTV's price. I'd probably switch to Philo if I ever got kicked off YTTV's family plan, as I don't need many channels.

I use Apple Plus the least as I haven't watched one single program. I only have it because I got a free year subscription.

The wife watches all the major ones except Disney Plus. Sometimes it seems like she watches a hundred shows.

But my 4 year old watches a ton of Disney Plus, Netflix and HBO Max.

I barely watch anything. Just MCU stuff on Disney Plus and Invincible on Amazon Prime. If anything I watch YouTube Premium the most.

I avoid Apple, Peacock, Paramount, and other smaller players. Not enough content I like.

I'm good with Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, HBO Max and Amazon Prime though. My family gets lots of mileage out of them.

I would never go back to tv programming. I love the freedom and ad free aspects of streaming. Worth the price imo (which is still cheaper than cable/satellite).

Of the services I have right now I’d say it’s probably in this order currently. Prime is kind of a fluke though and is usually toward the bottom of my most watched apps, but I’m binging Marvelous Mrs. Maisel currently. Everything else is more or less an accurate ranking year round:

Prime
HBO Max
Netflix
Shudder
Disney+
Hulu
Apple

Last edited:
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Hulu
Disney+

I've barely used HBO Max at all, but to be fair I haven't really taken the time to explore the content. And given their partnership with A24 I suspect it's only a matter of time before I cave and get Apple TV.

Next they'll invent smartphones that are for the home.

d6O8Csj.jpg

So, not only do you have to deal with ads, you can't even stream HD? What a sham.

1 - Discovery+
2 - Netflix, Hulu and Disney+ all seem to be equal in viewing time
3 - Apple TV
4 - HBO Max
5 - Amazon (only for the Boys and Ms Maisel)

1) HBO Max
2) Hulu
3) Disney+
4)Netflix
5) Prime

HBO Max
Amazon Prime
Netflix

oddly enough I’ve been using Tubi the most.

Prime I’ll always have due to other benefits so all the streaming stuff is a bonus. Can’t see myself dropping Disney+ or Netflix (shared) anytime soon. I have access to Sky on mobile too. No HBO Max or Hulu here and I’m not particularly looking to add further subs.

Netflix
HBO
Showtime
Hulu
Prime
DIsney+
Epix

That's pretty much it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics