Street Fighter X Tekken

to be fair I dont think alot of people have even played KoF XIII. That game and its DLC practices have flown under the radar

KOF is still hot in Asia I assure you... lots of people play KOFXIII and KOF2002UM in the arcades :yay: (I know that because I always get owned by them)

I understand where you're coming from, but to be honest, Capcom has been pulling this stuff since way back in the day. I mean if you look at it, Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Championship Edition. Each one of those games offered minor tweaks and maybe 2 characters that you couldn't select in previous versions, and even then, people were dumping money to get them. If the technology we have now existed back then, all those incarnations would have very well been DLC's. It's pretty much the nature of the beast, they took 2 franchises, made a cross over game, added in fan favorites, and lower tiered characters will be come available over time, and then its up to you whether or not you're gonna shell out the money to get ALL of the characters. To the consumer, it may not seem so fair because they just put down 60 bucks to get the game, but on the company's side, that's their way to keep making money off of a person long after they've delivered said product.

I honestly thought it was a dumb move on Capcom's part to have the characters on disc and then over time, you have to purchase a code to get them. That's pretty ridiculous, but that's the way they do business, I seriously doubt they will take in further action against the outcry, they seem pretty set in their ways.

You know it's really sad because they would of made more money off their product if they include all the fighters in the game. For example, I'm only interested if the game has Dudley. However I'm not going to pay $80 for a ps3 game.

Capcom is only doing this because they think that they don't have competition.

I hope Mortal Kombat knocks them out.

Wow, this should get interesting. Capcom is working with MS to try and punish people who hack their game to use the DLC characters online with a lifetime ban

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221109p1.html

I wonder if they proceed with things if those gamers would try and sue Capcom for punishing them for using content they locked out thats on a disc they purchased

I think the hackers could have a legit argument on their side, with a good enough lawyer.

I think the hackers could have a legit argument on their side, with a good enough lawyer.
I think the loophole is them using it online as depending on how MS has Live set up, they could argue they are in violation of the terms of service. Personally as long as they arent cheating, I dont see much of a problem of them using the characters online. Right now, its gonna look like sour grapes on Capcom's part if they pursue this

Wow, this should get interesting. Capcom is working with MS to try and punish people who hack their game to use the DLC characters online with a lifetime ban

I wonder if they proceed with things if those gamers would try and sue Capcom for punishing them for using content they locked out thats on a disc they purchased

I don't know if that's possible, but it sure would be hilarious.

Getting banned for unlocking content that was already on the disc you bought and paid for should be the illegal action.

everyday my respect for capcom just gets lower and lower

They could try, but they'd lose. People need to realize when they buy a game, they don't own the content that's on that disc. You are essentially just renting that content from the publisher.

I think it also counts as modifying content, which is against Xbox live's rules and usually leads to ban. It's a good thing that these hackers found the locked content, but unlocking the characters and especially using them in online matches is still cheating and against Microsoft's (and i'm pretty sure also Capcom's) policy.

Still thinking if i should just return this game when my copy arrives.

I wonder how Tekken X Street Fighters will do things differently. How much of a burn would it be to Capcom if they included characters that you simply unlocked by playing the game? Man, that'd be great.

I wonder how Tekken X Street Fighters will do things differently. How much of a burn would it be to Capcom if they included characters that you simply unlocked by playing the game? Man, that'd be great.
Namco in the past has always had tons of unlockables from characters to costumes to extra game modes. They arent as DLC hungry as Capcom is and I hope that remains to be the case with TxSF. Tekken 6 had a ton of content so I expect for them to follow up with how they handled that

do you think, after TxSF is out for awhile, they will release a bundle/combo pack with both games ( and all DLC stuff ) in it?

Namco in the past has always had tons of unlockables from characters to costumes to extra game modes. They arent as DLC hungry as Capcom is and I hope that remains to be the case with TxSF. Tekken 6 had a ton of content so I expect for them to follow up with how they handled that

I haven't played a Tekken game in a long time, so my memory is a little foggy in regards to that. It's great to hear though and since that's the version I'm holding out for, I hope it stays true.

I haven't played a Tekken game in a long time, so my memory is a little foggy in regards to that. It's great to hear though and since that's the version I'm holding out for, I hope it stays true.

Tekken 6 has multiple costumes for every character and even a custom mode, where you can customize the characters with new gear and items. And none of it is DLC, except for a special costume for Yoshimitsu, based on Penny Arcade's cardboard tube Samurai.

man their system was great. You unlocked different articles of clothing and hair colors just from playing the game. If I recall correctly, everything you did felt worthwhile bc you were constantly being reward, which made for more incentive to keep playing. I believe there was a currency system which you could exchange for different pieces for your character. Their Scenario mode had tons of treasures placed in the game which you could open up for random stuff as well. Thats the way to handle it IMO

Oh and I think its stupid for Capcom to release Color packs, even if they do make them free. WTF? Why cant they just have the full pallete of colors available day one? I dont see why that needs to be stretched out in smaller increments over a few months. Like really?

Yeah in Tekken you get money for winning battles in the arcade mode or campaign or whatever and then use the money you earn to buy new costumes etc. In an actual arcade, you use an ID card to store up your money, custom characters and win/lose records

With Street Fighter it's just PAY UP{!!!!

Street Fighter Producer Hospitalized

david_ono.jpg

"I would like to bring something else to everyone's attention. Shortly after the Street Fighter X Tekken promotion in Asia Ono-san's physical condition rapidly and heavily deteriorated and he had to be taken to the hospital.

Because of his hospital tenure he will not be performing work-related affairs for a while. Ono's well-being is very important to us and we wish for his steady recovery.
Here's hoping for a quick recovery. :(

09_megaman06.jpg

Shame we couldn't get this version of Mega Man instead! :cmad:

come on, everyone LOVES fat pedo mega man, its what everyone wanted, thats why they put him in...

that would be better than the ridiculous fat slob version in their game

i think fat mega man was just an excuse to have mega man in the game, without having to cater to any of his unique fighting mechanics as that would require more work they obviously didnt want to commit to

I think it was just pure trolling. And I'm not joking.
Everyone asked for Megaman in MvC3 and they didn't care, but no one asked for Megaman in this game, and they gave us this fat version of him.

How does MM play in this game? Is he any good or does he suck? Ive asked before but never got an answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"