Strike 2008: Actor's Edition

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Hollywood actors guild to seek strike
17 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – The Screen Actors Guild says contract talks with Hollywood studios has failed despite the help of a federal mediator and it will now ask its members to authorize a strike.

The guild says it adjourned talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday after two marathon sessions with the federal mediator.

SAG says in a statement that it will launch a "full-scale education campaign in support of a strike authorization." The guild represents 120,000 actors.

A spokesman for the movie producers group could not be immediately reached for comment.

i understand why writters would strike.
but actors?

goddamn... i thought this **** was over and done with ages ago.....

SAG says in a statement that it will launch a "full-scale education campaign in support of a strike authorization."

If this education campaign is meant to get the people on their side to pressure studios, it will fail horribly. No one will sympathize with spoiled actors who make 20 million dollars a movie.

So what the hell is this strike about? I don't really know why they're striking. And it better not be about money.

This is why actors are worthless spoiled pieces of garbage.

Grow the **** up and read your dumb lines so you could get your 20 million dollar check.

i think its time for posting some videos from behind the scenes of actors who dont remember their lines.

If this education campaign is meant to get the people on their side to pressure studios, it will fail horribly. No one will sympathize with spoiled actors who make 20 million dollars a movie.

Not all actors make Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp type money.

The majority of the members of SAG are living better lives than any of us could ever dream of. Hollywood was already crippled by the Writer's Strike. Because of the already failing economy, this likely unnecessary strike will only cripple Hollywood once more. Honestly, with the writers, I could at least sympathize with them. With actors who get million dollar paychecks, there is just no way. I can only sympathize with the very few members of SAG who aren't getting those big paychecks, and the unknowns and semi-unknowns that are dying to get exposure.

I feel the writers strike was a joke and the actors strike will be an even bigger joke. They get paid big money regardless and they want to whine about more money?

Do these people not realize that with the economy being the way it is, not working will only hurt them in the long run? Plus it will definitely hurt Hollywood because they're being greedy. You don't see actors like Tobin Bell, Justin Long, Brandon Routh, Scott Patterson, James Marsden, or even Don Cheadle *****ing about it because they're not selfish actors who whine about their paycheck.

If the actors don't want to work, then start hiring some unknowns who are dying for the exposure and see how quick they'll come back then.

yea i was just reading about this. Now i do remember the actors SAG contracts were to originally go out back in june/july but nothing happened there and they were still in talks with AMPTP about renewing contracts. Then there was nothing much heard from the parties since then to now. Man i hope SAG and AMPTP can work something out so we dont have another mess that was the WGA strike.

I feel the writers strike was a joke and the actors strike will be an even bigger joke. They get paid big money regardless and they want to whine about more money?

Do these people not realize that with the economy being the way it is, not working will only hurt them in the long run? Plus it will definitely hurt Hollywood because they're being greedy. You don't see actors like Tobin Bell, Justin Long, Brandon Routh, Scott Patterson, James Marsden, or even Don Cheadle *****ing about it because they're not selfish actors who whine about their paycheck.

If the actors don't want to work, then start hiring some unknowns who are dying for the exposure and see how quick they'll come back then.
i am all for a movie with depp and dicaprio. but how much money dod they have to pay?
but this is hollywood. its not always about the best actor but about the actor who will bring a lot of people in hte theater. but those paychecks are no more realistic.

I f***ing hate actors sooo much. Why is it they deserve more money when they already make between a few hundred thousand and a few million per movie/episode? Be happy with what you have ***holes.

i am all for a movie with depp and dicaprio. but how much money dod they have to pay?
but this is hollywood. its not always about the best actor but about the actor who will bring a lot of people in hte theater. but those paychecks are no more realistic.

I feel actors like Freeman, Depp, Denzel, Dicaprio, Bale, Crowe, and etc deserve what they get paid. They're great actors who worked to get where they're at and consistently give great performances in the films they're in. Of course the lesser known actors like Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson, Justin Long, Brandon Routh, Costas Mandylor, Steve Zahn, and so forth don't ***** nor complain about their money. It's about those who feel like they're owed something when they haven't accomplished anything.

I feel actors like Freeman, Depp, Denzel, Dicaprio, Bale, Crowe, and etc deserve what they get paid. They're great actors who worked to get where they're at and consistently give great performances in the films they're in. Of course the lesser known actors like Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson, Justin Long, Brandon Routh, Costas Mandylor, Steve Zahn, and so forth don't ***** nor complain about their money. It's about those who feel like they're owed something when they haven't accomplished anything.

no one man/woman acting on a film deserves even one million. You get up and you do your job just like every other schmuck on the planet who make even less.

no one man/woman acting on a film deserves even one million. You get up and you do your job just like every other schmuck on the planet who make even less.

Actually they do deserve it. You can't compare some average people like myself or you to them. You have to take into account that Hollywood has always been about big money and they got into acting because of their love of the craft, money, and working with great directors, writers, and etc.

In my opinion I feel SOME of them deserve the big money. Great actors like Freeman, Denzel, Bale, Dicaprio, Crowe, Bacon, Depp, Alfred Molina, Hanks, and Oldman deserve their big paychecks. They worked hard for them and I don't see why they shouldn't get it. But the actors who are really horrible and have no range shouldn't be up in arms about their paychecks.

slap yourself ...... how can a person deserve 10 milion dollars?

Actually they do deserve it. You can't compare some average people like myself or you to them. You have to take into account that Hollywood has always been about big money and they got into acting because of their love of the craft, money, and working with great directors, writers, and etc.
what do i care why they wanted to be an actor.

again 10 milions?????????????????

i understand why writters would strike.
but actors?
Seriously, at least writers had a good excuse. What are the actors gonna complain about?

''Oh no, i got paid 78 million instead of 78.2 Million.''

Why shouldn't they? If they worked hard to be where they're at they should get paid 10-20 million. But of course it depends on the actor and actress in question.

But not EVERY actor gets a 10-20 million paycheck either. Now let me be the one to say that I feel Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man 4 contract is insane and not deserved at all. He had two great performances and phoned it in for the third film. But I also understand he had some loopholes and wanted specific time off to spend time with his family.

But if I were an actor I'd want a 20 million dollar contract too. You'd be a moron to turn down that kind of money.

what do i care why they wanted to be an actor.

again 10 milions?????????????????

As I said, some actors deserve what they get paid. You mean to tell me you wouldn't accept 10 million dollars if the executives offered to you? Don't try to tell me you wouldn't because you'd be the biggest liar in the world.

You could pay me 1 million, 5 million, 10 million, or 20 million. I'll be as happy as a pig in slop.

if your name alone in the film will guaranty that at least 10 million people around the world will go see it

As I said, some actors deserve what they get paid. You mean to tell me you wouldn't accept 10 million dollars if the executives offered to you? Don't try to tell me you wouldn't because you'd be the biggest liar in the world.

You could pay me 1 million, 5 million, 10 million, or 20 million. I'll be as happy as a pig in slop.
if someone on the street would give me 10 millions i would accept it.
but this has what to do with.................:huh:

i am saying that for the work that they do they dont deserve 10 milions. not that they shouldnt take the money.

if your name alone in the film will guaranty that at least 10 million people around the world will go see it
a lot of girls are going to watch a depp movie. not all of them are going to watch it because of hes acting :nono:

those 10 millions paycheck are happening with BIG movies. right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"