Strike 2008: Actor's Edition

A single movie can bring in 100s of millions of dollars. Sometimes a billion. So yes, some actors are entitled to $20M paychecks for a single flick. These people provide a huge service to a massive industry.

And there only a handful of actors that make that kind of money anyway. Of the 120,000 members of SAG there are probably 119,000 of them that struggle like the rest of us.

As I said, some actors deserve what they get paid. You mean to tell me you wouldn't accept 10 million dollars if the executives offered to you? Don't try to tell me you wouldn't because you'd be the biggest liar in the world.

You could pay me 1 million, 5 million, 10 million, or 20 million. I'll be as happy as a pig in slop.

It makes no sense that someone who could work even harder to get where they are will still make less. we all know keanu reeves gets millions and he had barely any acting training at all, Natalie Portman was discovered in a diner etc... Not exactly the long agonizing road to success. These actors work long days but if we go to the bottom of the rank SAG members they have long gaps between jobs. I guess that they should get paid more than the hourly wage a regular person gets because of this. Millions though is crazy money and no 'performance' is worth the average workers annual wage x40 per movie.

A single movie can bring in 100s of millions of dollars. Sometimes a billion. So yes, some actors are entitled to $20M paychecks for a single flick. These people provide a huge service to a massive industry.

And there only a handful of actors that make that kind of money anyway. Of the 120,000 members of SAG there are probably 119,000 of them that struggle like the rest of us.
those movies dont make this kind of money just because of one or two actors in the movie. its the story,the name,scope,effects,director.

Actors are the face of a movie. They're what's most visible to the audience so they hold the most weight in the production. Scripts can't be performed, no one can be directed and sets can't be used without actors to put them all to use.

And to put it into perspective about how many actors make big money, think of this: Think of all the primetime television shows you can and count the number of lead actors. Maybe a little over a 100 if that? And how many major movies are even released in a year with $10M+ actor involved. 25 or less?

Like I said, there are tens of thousands of actors represented by SAG alone that don't live the high life that we see in the tabloids.

The actors need to shut up... their problem was they need to get paid more for the DVD sales and a greater say in products they endorse... now I understand striking for the little guy to help them out, but those two problems deal more with big names in acting... the people who DON'T need more money on top of their paychecks.

Actors are the face of a movie. They're what's most visible to the audience so they hold the most weight in the production. Scripts can't be performed, no one can be directed and sets can't be used without actors to put them all to use.

And to put it into perspective about how many actors make big money, think of this: Think of all the primetime television shows you can and count the number of lead actors. Maybe a little over a 100 if that? And how many major movies are even released in a year with $10M+ actor involved. 25 or less?

Like I said, there are tens of thousands of actors represented by SAG alone that don't live the high life that we see in the tabloids.
a mvoie needs sets.director,camera guy,.....
if a movie can nto be made without an actor then i cna saythe same for the set,writter,lighting guy,.....

Lets forget who deserves credit for what for now, what do you think of the rest of my post? Are you on the bandwagon that a "majority" of actors are spoiled *******s?

If this causes the same **** that happened last year, I'll be pissed. It's totally ridic for actors to get MORE money.

Lets forget who deserves credit for what for now, what do you think of the rest of my post? Are you on the bandwagon that a "majority" of actors are spoiled *******s?
majority?
no.

i actually think that hollywood should use more of the unknown actors so that people get used to other actors. because those megastars are getting way to much money for nothing. sometimes they even get stuff for free.

Actors have it wonderfully...especially the big household names. This is ridiculous. Writers and the workers behind all of these films are the unsung heroes.

Did you not see what I said in my post?

The main point that the actors walked out on... are dvd sales and product backing... those two things don't deal with the little actors that barely make enough to get by...

Those are big baby actor concerns.

Titanic is the biggest movie of all time because the fangirls loved Leo. The Godfather is the most critically acclaimed film because the performances of a brilliant ensemble cast. The Dark Knight had ridiculous pre/post-release buzz because of Heath Ledger's Joker. Were they alone in that success. Of course not. But that's what the audience goes for.

Did you not see what I said in my post?

The main point that the actors walked out on... are dvd sales and product backing... those two things don't deal with the little actors that barely make enough to get by...

Those are big baby actor concerns.

You think those rights don't benefit the Creed's and Phylis' of acting and just the Michael Scott's or something? Those rights will help ALL actors. Even the minor ones in major productions.

You think those rights don't benefit the Creed's and Phylis' of acting and just the Michael Scott's or something? Those rights will help ALL actors.

Because they can put their name behind a product and make money.... right.

And I doubt that they would even get the same amount as money as the stars of the show.

Because they can put their name behind a product and make money.... right.

And I doubt that they would even get the same amount as money as the stars of the show.

That's my point. There are supporting actors in major productions that don't make as much as the stars that will benefit as well.

small movies will have small paychecks. i think the solution is that hollywood needs to hire more unknown actors.

Um. If they even get a cut of the money from dvds is what I am talking about.... cause the money would go first to the star of the show... not them.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of support this gets from within the guild to know who truly benefits from these negotiations. But still, there are those straight-to-dvd "lead" actors who I'm sure would benefit from this.

Well if the strike does happen only actors who are not in sag could be working, because sag actors wouldnt be allowed to be in anything.

I agree, if someone has worked hard during their job and love it, I see no problem to not be payed alot of money. It's the people who sit on their ass like studio execs and don't give a **** about good films and just about making money than I see why.

But yeah, the writers did deserve to go on strike. They are indeed the unsung heroes. Without them or directors, the actors would be nowhere.

It makes no sense that someone who could work even harder to get where they are will still make less. we all know keanu reeves gets millions and he had barely any acting training at all, Natalie Portman was discovered in a diner etc... Not exactly the long agonizing road to success. These actors work long days but if we go to the bottom of the rank SAG members they have long gaps between jobs. I guess that they should get paid more than the hourly wage a regular person gets because of this. Millions though is crazy money and no 'performance' is worth the average workers annual wage x40 per movie.

Of course, if you were payed what actors make, you wouldn't be complaining. :whatever:

Why do I get the feeling that Sean Penn is heavily involved in this?

I seriously hope they don't strike. Yeah, not every actor is paid millions. But let's not forget about the film crew, stage crew, and designers. They already were hit hard from the Writer's Strike. I wish the best for them if the stupid actors do strike.

Hey, even Bale has a lifestyle to keep up that which he's become accustomed. When he was doing Pocahontas, fool was probably just living off of cured meats and ****. Now he's got filet mignon and what not....just because actors give off the "I hate celebrity" vibe in interviews don't mean they're living like us.

They're still better off than the majority of the people in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"