Stupid People Doing Stupid Things Thread - Part 3

There's a girl who'll stop going to church when she's grown. :(

There are so many things I want to say on this but too much of it would be inflammatory over how some people (mis)use Bible verses on purpose. Including this mother if she thinks beating her children is acceptable.

I'm pretty sure the bible approves of beating children.

Proverbs 13:24 said:
Those who spare the rod hate their children,
but those who love them are diligent to discipline them.

Proverbs 23:13 said:
Do not withhold discipline from your children;
if you beat them with a rod, they will not die.

:hehe:

When the bible was written, over a period between 600 BCE and 100 ACE acceptable discipline of children in most cultures included hitting a child with something.

Last edited:
I don't know if it explicitly approves beating children or not, and I definitely do not think it would be over properly reciting verses.

We need a good stupidity bump for this thread and here we are. Remember folks: Facebook is not a reliable source for anything. Let alone "miracle" cures for things that aren't (currently) curable.

Indiana mom arrested for feeding her autistic daughter bleach after Facebook group touted it as cure

A father in Indianapolis last week accused his wife of feeding their child bleach to help cure her autism - something his wife had read about in a Facebook group.

Police arrested the 28-year-old mother on Saturday after she allegedly put drops of hydrochloric acid and water-purifying solution in her young daughter's drinks. The potentially dangerous chemical combination, which becomes an industrial bleach, is marketed as Miracle Mineral Solution or Master Mineral Solution, which its advocates claim will cure a number of diseases, including autism, cancer, AIDS and hepatitis.

Police did not release the names of either parent, or the age of the child, who was removed from the home by Child Protective Services.

The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning in 2010 advising people using MMS to stop immediately and throw it away, citing side effects ranging from uncomfortable to life-threatening, according to the warning. But the MMS website calls it an "amazingly powerful compound" that has "stood the test of time because it works - & works well!"

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there is no medication that cures autism, a developmental disability that can cause noticeable social and behavioral challenges. There are medications, however, that can help manage the behaviors connected to autism, such as high energy levels, depression and seizures. Some supporters of autism's neurodiversity movement are against curing the disability, believing it to be a natural human variation central to autistic people's identities.

Still, MMS is among many touted "cures" for autism sought by hopeful parents that are considered harmful and banned by the FDA. Parents in the past, for example, have turned to chelation therapies to treat their autistic children, which are over-the-counter products used in severe cases of lead or iron poisoning that eliminate minerals and metals from the body. Proponents of the treatment, however, say it "cures" autism by removing toxic chemicals.

Side effects, according to the FDA, include dehydration, kidney failure, and death.

Some parents have tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy, too, which involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized room or tube. While the therapy is an accepted treatment for severe conditions such as decompression sickness - a danger of scuba diving - it is not recommended for illnesses like autism because of insufficient evidence showing it helps, according to The Mayo Clinic. The treatment's side effects include seizures and lung collapse.

For parents looking to treat autism - which in 2016 affected one in 68 children in the country - a quick Google search may still point them to MMS, which is promoted on some healing blogs and highlighted as a successful treatment at a 2012 AutismOne conference.

But in 2015, seven Arkansas children were taken away from their parents because of their father's habit of putting a tiny drop of MMS in his glass of water and drinking it, the father told The Washington Post at the time. The children, the father said, were never given the chemicals, and he suspected his two oldest children of being involved in the raid.

Court documents showed his 16-year-old son brought the MMS bottle to a friend's house and coughed for several hours after smelling it. The father said he thinks his son inhaled a different chemical used for the aquaponics system, and that he used the incident as a way out of being home-schooled.

Later that year, a Washington man was sentenced to more than four years in prison for selling the miracle cure through an Internet business called "Project GreenLife." His instructions for the product explained that nausea, diarrhea and vomiting were all signs that the miracle solution was working, according to the Department of Justice.
Chicago Tribune

Suspect in deadly swatting case tweets swatting threat from jail

How stupid can one person be? He is in jail and doing the very thing that got him there while in jail as if to say he is so guilty he should never, ever be given access to a computer again.

Tyler Barriss stands accused of making a fake emergency call, a crime known as "swatting," that led to the death of a Kansas man. He has been held in a Sedgewick County Jail since January. He is not supposed to have Internet access there, but on Friday the Wichita Eagle noticed Barriss tweeting.

"How am I on the Internet if I'm in jail?" Barriss wrote. "Oh, because I'm an eGod, that's how."

"All right, now who was talking ****?" he added in a tweet 19 minutes later. "Your ass is about to get swatted."

The tragic incident that landed Barriss in jail occurred last December. Two Call of Duty players got into a heated argument, and one of them recruited Barriss, an Internet troll with a history of making malicious prank phone calls, to "swat" the other player. Barriss called Wichita authorities pretending to be a deranged gunman holding his family hostage in an effort to have a swat team raid the target's home.

But the target lied to Barriss about his home address. So police surrounded the home of Andrew Finch, a 28-year-old man who had no connection to the online dispute. Finch opened the door with his hands up, but an officer shot him after—according to police—he appeared to reach for his waistband. Finch was unarmed.

Barriss, who lived in the Los Angeles area, was arrested and extradited to Kansas. According to the Wichita Eagle, he has been charged with involuntary manslaughter, giving false alarm, and interfering with law enforcement.

The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office told the Wichita Eagle on Monday that Barriss had taken advantage of a flawed software update on the jail's Internet kiosks. These kiosks are supposed to allow prisoners to perform a limited set of functions, like purchasing items from the prison commissary or sending or receiving electronic messages. But they aren't supposed to allow general Internet access.

But a software patch applied last week temporarily allowed users to visit unauthorized websites. Barriss used this brief window of unfettered Internet access to post to Twitter. We can be sure that prosecutors are making copies of these tweets for use during the sentencing phase of the case.

"Y'all should see how much swag I got in here," Barriss wrote in another tweet before his Internet access was cut off.
Ars Technica

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that eGod is gonna get ***** slapped by some judge and jury now and probably banned from using a computer for years. And he did this knowing that the last time he did this it resulted in a death so maybe they can now charge him with premeditated attempted murder. Let's see how much "swag" he has in a federal prison.

*removed*
I feel stupid :hehe:

Last edited:
Yeah... no. It's a reprint from last year when it was fake then too.

Seems like serial fake-news producing World News Daily Report has produced another hoax article titled: 'Woman rolls over hairdresser with her car after he "ruined" her hair', another one in a long string of stories about outrageous (but fake) crimes. Their latest piece starts:

An 18-year old woman was arrested this morning after deliberately she ran over her hairdresser seven times with her car.
According to the Chicago Police Department, Cassandra Gilmore, from Oak Lawn in Illinois, had her hair cut this morning at Luigi's Beauty Palace in downtown Chicago, by the famous stylist Francesco Moreno.
On top of which: "World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle." at the bottom of the article itself.

This thread didn't show up in the search for some reason... had to go back several pages to find it. Anyhow.

Texas Nurse Loses Job After Apparently Posting About Patient In Anti-Vaxxer Group

It gets worse. She also wanted to use this poor child's disease to infect her own child... which is far more dangerous than just giving them the vaccine.

A hospital in Texas has cut ties with a nurse who apparently posted about a young patient with the measles in a Facebook group dedicated to "anti-vaxxers," people who reject the scientific evidence of the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.

Screenshots show a self-identified nurse saying the sick child's symptoms helped her understand why people vaccinate their children, but that "I'll continue along my little non-vax journey with no regrets."

Texas Children's Hospital tells NPR via email that a nurse "posted protected health information regarding a patient on social media." The hospital did not name the nurse.

"We take these matters very seriously as the privacy and well-being of our patients is always a top priority," hospital spokeswoman Veronika Javor-Romeis tells NPR. "After an internal investigation, this individual is no longer with the organization."

She also confirmed that the hospital is treating a measles patient and that the hospital will be assessing the risk posed to other children who may have come in contact with the patient.

"This is a highly contagious, vaccine-preventable infection," Javor-Romeis said. "We know vaccination is the best protection against measles."

The measles vaccine is extremely effective. But to prevent outbreaks and protect those who are not vaccinated, a high enough percentage of the population must be vaccinated to create "herd immunity."

Lower vaccination rates for measles and other preventable diseases have been tied to outbreaks in the U.S. and Europe. Experts point to anti-vaccine sentiments, fueled in part by a fraudulent paper in the late '90s that spread false information about vaccine risks.

Texas Children's Hospital would not specifically comment on whether the nurse's anti-vaccination position played a role in the hospital's investigation and the nurse's departure.

Javor-Romeis says all staff are "strongly encouraged" to receive routine immunizations, and that employees who opt out may not be allowed to work in some areas of the hospital.

The anti-vaccine Facebook posts in question were apparently shared in a group called "Proud Parents of Unvaccinated Children-Texas." As of earlier this month, the group had more than 5,000 members.

The group has since been deleted. But a Facebook user posted screenshots of the nurse's posts on the Texas Children's Hospital's Facebook page, and the Houston Chronicle says it also acquired screenshots of the comments.

According to those screenshots, a user who said she worked as a PICU/ER nurse at the West Campus of Texas Children's Hospital told the group, "for the first time in my career I saw Measles this week."

"Honestly, it was rough. This kid was super sick ... it was terrible," she said. "By no means have I changed my vax stance, and I never will. But I just wanted to share my experience and how much worse it was than I expected."

She said she understood how some parents choose to vaccinate "out of fear," as she put it. In a follow-up she said she deleted some responses to avoid risking her job, and reiterated "we are not wrong in our beliefs/convictions."

Another screenshot shows her saying she considered "swabbing his mouth" to bring a live measles sample home to her child.

"We are aware of this situation and have started a thorough investigation," the hospital said in a response on Facebook. "We take these matters very seriously."

"The views of this employee do not represent that of the organization," the hospital added shortly after.

The screenshots were shared with the hospital on Friday, several days before the Texas Children's Hospital or Houston Health Department had officially announced a patient had the measles.

On Monday, the Houston Health Department said the case, which it described as "suspected" measles, involves a child between the ages of 1 and 3 who recently traveled overseas.

Before this patient, the last confirmed case of measles in Houston was in 2013, ABC 13 reports.
NPR

This thread didn't show up in the search for some reason... had to go back several pages to find it. Anyhow.

Texas Nurse Loses Job After Apparently Posting About Patient In Anti-Vaxxer Group

It gets worse. She also wanted to use this poor child's disease to infect her own child... which is far more dangerous than just giving them the vaccine.

NPR
As far as I’m aware from what mods said after the migration, search indexing could take a while so it might be some time before search functions like it should

I saw that notice last night but thought they had finished the indexing. I guess it is taking a lot longer.

44049104-2061233630853499-1032684728378982400-n.png

Maybe the OP was joking...but probably not.

Last edited:
What's really scary is when the BLM commando units and the Planned Parenthood militias team up.

Morons. It won't be climate change, politics or religion or WWIII, it's idiots like this that are going full anti-science who will ruin the world.

It won't. This is the very height of arrogance and ego to think you can just wander into someone's territory and spout your beliefs and they will not only understand you but convert to your belief system.

The guy didn't need to die but these people are very well known for immediately attacking and killing anyone who comes to their island. It is no surprise he was killed.

Trump Fans Sink Savings Into ‘Iraqi Dinar’ Scam

The full story in the link below is quite the read and some insight into the kind of people who fall for this kind of ruse.

Trump supporter Hayes Kotseos runs a North Carolina pool-maintenance company, but she’s got a side bet that she thinks might make her fabulously wealthy: the Iraqi dinar.

The currency is nearly worthless outside of Iraq, but Kotseos bought millions of dinars in April, after watching a video of President Trump at a 2017 press conference. In the clip, Trump says, with characteristic vagueness, that all currencies will soon “be on a level playing field.”

In reality, Trump was talking about trade imbalances with China. But like other Trump supporters who have fallen into the dinar investment scam, which has existed since at least 2012, Kotseos interpreted Trump’s rambling statement as proof that the Iraqi dinar would soon be worth as much or even more than the dollar, making anyone who had been smart enough to buy in early a millionaire.

“I love my president, and I was like, ‘Oh my God,’” Kotseos told The Daily Beast.

The purchase, Kotseos said, cost her and her husband somewhere between $5,000 and $10,000, counting the cut to the company that sold them the dinars. Two of her adult children have bought millions more dinars, too.

Like other investors in the incredibly long-shot dinar scheme, Kotseos hopes that Trump and the Iraqi government will somehow “revalue” or “RV” the currency, boosting its current value of less than $0.001 to $3 or $4.

Dinar promoters have claimed that near-mythical event will occur for nearly a decade. But if it does it would theoretically make a millionaire of anyone with the foresight to put just a few thousand dollars into dinars.
The Daily Beast

First that anti-vax story and now this person...I just want to clarify everybody from my state isn't a blithering idiot lol

Trump Fans Sink Savings Into ‘Iraqi Dinar’ Scam

The full story in the link below is quite the read and some insight into the kind of people who fall for this kind of ruse.

The Daily Beast
I feel if one wants to claim that they are a true Trump supporter they should have to pay their dues and put their money where their mouth is and take out a full price 5 year course at the extremely legit Trump university.

It won't. This is the very height of arrogance and ego to think you can just wander into someone's territory and spout your beliefs and they will not only understand you but convert to your belief system.

The guy didn't need to die but these people are very well known for immediately attacking and killing anyone who comes to their island. It is no surprise he was killed.

One less missionary who thinks it's his mission to go convert the heathens is no loss to the world.

I read the articles and some of the 2000+ comments.
The guy was greeted with an arrow the first time he set foot on the island, writing in his diary "I don't want to die, I could go back to the US, if I stay here I could die" but he went back the next day.
Besides the idiocy of his idea, the mere presence of outsiders is a threat to this tribe because of diseases ( more about that in the article ).

I've heard about the Dinar and know some people that's bought into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"