Stupid People Doing Stupid Things Thread - Part 3

Everything about this is a thing of beauty. This bouncer in Dublin handles these idiots impeccably. The situational awareness, footwork, timing and above all the emotional control (dude kept his cool even when blond dudebro asswipe started spitting at him)... This is what happens when young drunk idiots that play fighting games a lot think they have what it takes to mess with someone with actual training.

Always...

Do...

Safety...

Checks...

When...

They...

Are...

Mandatory.

Thankfully this ended with nothing more than filled underwear for these two.

Wedding photographer arrested after having sex with guest, urinating on a tree while on the job

RuOsLsC.png

I was expecting a guy when I read that headline.

It was Texas though so I kind of see why. And did the sister provide any kind of evidence the woman was given spiked drinks that she did not herself spike (she was found with Xanax)?

But it's got Mexico in the name! :o

California teacher faces charges after forcibly cutting a student's hair while singing anthem

Perhaps not stupid but a psychotic break. Because no one sane does something like this.

A California high school teacher has lost her job and is facing multiple criminal charges after cellphone video emerged showing her forcibly cutting a student's hair while belting out an incorrect rendition of the National Anthem.

Margaret Gieszinger, 52, a former teacher at University Preparatory High School in Visalia, faces six criminal misdemeanor charges -- one count of false imprisonment, two counts of cruelty to a child, two counts of battery, and one count of assault. She could serve up to three and a half years in prison if she is convicted on all charges, according to the Tulare County district attorney's office.

Cellphone video posted to Reddit on Wednesday shows Gieszinger call a male student student to the front of the class. She makes him sit, then cuts chunks of his hair while singing "The Star-Spangled Banner," transposing verses as she sings.

The student moves away, and Gieszinger holds the scissors above her head, demanding that another student come to the front of the class. She can be heard telling students that someone will be chosen if no one volunteers. Gieszinger begins to sing again and darts between desks, lunging at a female student. Gieszinger pulls the female student's long hair to the side as she attempts to cut it. The student yells at her to stop, then joins others fleeing the room.

"He couldn't believe what was happening," said Mark Vogt, an attorney for the male student whose hair was cut by Gieszinger. "He, frankly, didn't know what to do. He thought to himself 'me or anybody else, she's coming for someone else.' And in the video, of course, we see that later. But he was absolutely terrified."

Witnesses told CNN affiliate KFSN that Gieszinger showed up to her first period chemistry class brandishing a pair of scissors and saying it was haircut day. As events unfolded, one student reportedly ran to the main office to ask for help.

Students also told KFSN that this was not the first strange episode involving the teacher.

The Tulare County Office of Education has made counselors from their mental health services program available to any students who need to talk. University Preparatory High School promises that Gieszinger will never return to its classrooms.

"We take very seriously the safety of the students in classrooms," the Office of Education said in a statement. "We are reviewing all available information and will take the most severe employment action appropriate."

Gieszinger was released from jail in Tulare County on Friday evening after posting $100,000 bail, according to KFSN. She has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from University Preparatory High School.
Gieszinger's husband told KFSN that the behavior shown in the cellphone video was completely out of character for his wife.

"She doesn't do stuff like that," he told KFSN reporter Brian Johnson. "It's not her. It's not who she is. So I don't know what was going on with her. I don't have any clue as to why she did that."
CNN

Video of the hand glider incident:

Crap... That glider video is one thing after another.

First the safety harness isn't attached, then the guy flies the glider over a hill past a wooded area while the passenger isn't sure whether to hang onto the glider with both hands or hang onto the pilots leg or harness in various ways.

The pilot seems to try and hold his arm at one point and good thing the guy didn't let go.

California teacher faces charges after forcibly cutting a student's hair while singing anthem

Perhaps not stupid but a psychotic break. Because no one sane does something like this.

CNN

Thank god she only brought a pair of scissors to school and not a gun. And I have to question the common sense of the kid that went up to the front of the class and allowed her to cut some of his hair off. I dont care what a teacher says or threatens me with they arent cutting my hair.

Measles sickens 19 in Washington state. Portland Trail Blazers fans may have been exposed

Anti-vaxxers do it again and sicken at least 18 children, 16 of whom had no vaccination with no confirmation on the other three. This kind of dangerous lying and inaction should be a criminal offense. If you don't vaccinate your kids for any reason other than medical, you are committing a crime.

A person infected with measles attended a Portland Trail Blazers home game in Oregon last week amid an outbreak that has left at least 19 people ill this month in neighboring Washington state.

Contagious people also went to Portland International Airport, as well as to hospitals, schools, stores, churches and restaurants across Washington's Clark County and the two-state region, county officials said.

A public health emergency was declared Friday in Clark County, less than a half hour drive from Portland, in response to the measles outbreak.

Of 19 people with confirmed cases, 18 are children, county officials said. Sixteen had not been immunized, and it's unclear whether the remaining three were. Seven suspected cases also have been identified since January 1.

Though someone infected with measles attended the NBA game on January 11 at the Moda Center, no Oregon residents have been diagnosed with the virus, public health officials in Multnomah County, Oregon, said. But it raises the possibility the Washington outbreak could spread across the state line.

"Public Health is continuing to identify and contact potential measles cases, and identify possible locations of public exposure," Washington county officials said, noting that the emergency declaration will help them fight the virus and access resources outside the region.

Most patients with symptoms should call first

Health officials urged anyone who has been exposed and believes they have measles symptoms to call their health care provider before visiting a medical office to make a plan that does not put others at risk.

"People who believe they have symptoms of measles should not go directly to medical offices, urgent care centers or emergency departments -- unless experiencing a medical emergency -- without calling in advance," Clark County officials said.

Measles is a contagious virus that spreads through the air through coughing and sneezing. Symptoms such as high fever, rash all over the body, stuffy nose and red eyes typically disappear without treatment within two or three weeks. One or two of every 1,000 children who get measles will die from complications, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In 1978, the CDC set a goal to eliminate measles from the United States by 1982. Measles was declared eliminated -- defined by absence of continuous disease transmission for greater than 12 months -- from the United States in 2000.

But there has been a recent rise in unvaccinated children. The proportion of children receiving no vaccine doses by 2 years old rose from 0.9% among those born in 2011 to 1.3% among those born in 2015, the CDC reported in October.

The CDC recommends people get the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine to protect against those viruses. The typical recommendations are that children should get two doses of MMR vaccine, the first between 12 to 15 months of age and the second at 4 through 6 years old.
CNN

It's gotten worse. All thanks to anti-vaxxers.

Emergency declared near Portland for measles outbreak in anti-vaccine hotspot

Nearly eight percent of children in Clark County were exempt from standard vaccination for the 2017-2018 school year, according to state records reported by the Washington Post. Breaking down that eight percent, about seven percent of kids had personal or religious exemptions and the remaining one percent or so had medical exemptions.

Of the 23 confirmed cases so far, 20 were unimmunized. Eighteen of the cases were in children between one and 10 years old.

Washington state weighs vaccination bill as measles outbreak spreads

It's already too late to save some of these people but at least now they are moving forward to protect the health of innocent people. Unfortunately it leaves a gaping hole of "religious exemption" which means people will just use that as an excuse.

Lawmakers in Washington State are proposing a bill that would no longer allow parents to cite philosophical or personal reasons for not vaccinating their child as the region battles a growing measles outbreak. Currently, 18 states allow those exemptions. The 56 confirmed cases in the Pacific Northwest have prompted the governor of Washington to declare a state of emergency.

Monica Stonier is the state representative for Clark County, Washington, the area hit hardest by the outbreak. In her county alone, there is currently 51 confirmed cases of the measles, and another 13 suspected.

"Right now, my city is the hotbed for this outbreak," Stonier said. "It certainly has reached a critical state in my county."

Stonier is now co-sponsoring a bipartisan House bill that would require "every child at every public and private school in the state and licensed day care center" to be vaccinated for "measles, mumps and rubella" unless they have a legitimate medical or religious exemption.

"We have a lot of research to support that the vaccination for measles is highly effective," Stonier said.

As of December, only 78 percent of the 6- to 18-year-olds in Clark County received their vaccine, which experts say is why the highly contagious disease is rapidly spreading.

Abigail Eckhart, a mother from Washington, refuses to vaccinate her youngest child because she says her middle child suffered significant behavioral and physical reactions after being vaccinated, including severe eczema and food allergies.

"If you would have asked me four years ago, I would have told you, yeah, every child needs their vaccines because," she said. "If I could go back, I wouldn't have vaccinated any of my kids."

According to the CDC, most people who get the vaccine "do not have any serious problems" and that "for every 1,000 children" who get the measles, "one or two" will die from it.

"The benefits of the vaccine greatly outweigh the risks," said Dan Salmon, the former director of vaccine safety for the Department of Health and Human Services. "It can cause common problems like otitis media or ear infections, so, you know, measles is a pretty big deal for young children."

Salmon, a professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, said that measles can cause lifelong complications. No one knows that better than Cecilia Rodriguez. In 1989, she was too young to be vaccinated when she contracted the German measles. She spent nine months in a coma, and almost died. Thirty years later, her eye sight, speech and hearing are still affected.

"It hasn't ended for me, it's become a lifetime experience for me," she said. "I do not want to go through that experience with my three beautiful children that I have."

Salmon said, in a way, vaccines are a victim of their own success, because most people have never seen the measles.

"People aren't afraid of what they haven't seen and what they don't know, and we'd like to keep it that way," Salmon said.

People on both sides of this issue will allowed to speak at what is expected to be a fiery hearing Friday in front of the House Committee on Health Care and Wellness. Stonier said the hearing will help them decide if the committee has enough votes to move forward.
CBS News

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"