DC TV Series Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

You know I had to make this.

Phplj7P.gif

Show original but they may be inspired by a comic group called The Reach. At least thats the current rumor.

Ah okay thanks.

Anyone have theories on Christopher Heyerdahl’s character? His name obviously isn’t Locke so I’m wondering if he’s a villain from the comics. Of course he could also be an original creation for the show. Either way, I hope he’s an important character in the second half of season one because you definitely don’t want to waste that guy. He could send chills down anyone’s spine.

I guess I’m in the minority. I’m bored by this show. Watched the first three, took a couple weeks off, and caught up with the last two.

It just seems so by the numbers. From a story perspective, why are these normal people who we last saw working in an office, now doing field work? Why is Vigilante a Deadpool knockoff? Then there’s the cliche “guy about to tell us what’s really going on but gets shot” scene. And every episode ending in an 80s hair metal homage is getting old.

I mentioned before that I think its James Gunn being a old hipster and trying to be really edgy and funny all the time. Sometimes I think its great, the stuff lands perfectly. Other times it just goes on a bit too long and feels forced. I admit that I chuckled at the Aquaman joke earlier, it was stupid but it kind of landed, the Superman stuff was just too lame.

There is stuff that you expect from Gunn, with characters very much being James Gunn rewrites but with comic accurate costumes. I mean I get a kick out of Peacemaker wearing his outfit almost the entire time.

Its still entertaining, and at least its " a part of the DC cinematic universe" even if that doesnt mean much these days.

This is of the very few comic book things I still manage to watch .

I guess I’m in the minority. I’m bored by this show. Watched the first three, took a couple weeks off, and caught up with the last two.

It just seems so by the numbers. From a story perspective, why are these normal people who we last saw working in an office, now doing field work? Why is Vigilante a Deadpool knockoff? Then there’s the cliche “guy about to tell us what’s really going on but gets shot” scene. And every episode ending in an 80s hair metal homage is getting old.

Those complaints are pretty weird tbh. why wouldn't t members of a secret government agency be in the field. Vigilante isn't exactly a dead pool knockoff but yes he is different. like many adaptations across marvel and dc things are changed for better or for worse. vigilante was what...a Punisher pastiche/parody in comics? now hes a a bit different still a good character. Disagree on the music issue. Gunn likes his music.its a good fit for the series too.

Been a good blast. Hope the last 3 episodes are great. I think the cast mentioned epsiode 6 and 8 are their favourites or something.Reviewers didnt get access to episode 8 and gunn has teased crazy stuff happening so I Gott wonder what the deal is.

I can see why people might not like it...Gunn definitely walks a line with the jokes and if they don't land for you the show is pretty worthless. That was why I mostly disliked the Suicide Squad most of the jokes didn't land so until the last half hour I was kinda bored.

This newest episode was so deliciously James Gunn, and I loved every minute of it, especially the sequence where the Butterflies take over The Police Station which actually looked quite beautiful visually but was also pretty unsettling.

It honestly felt like something straight out of Slither, and I also thought it was pretty hilarious when Peacemaker and Vigilante where interrogating Groff by referencing a bunch of old alien movies lol.

Cena had some great moments in this episode for sure, but my favorite is easily him playing Home Sweet Home on the piano towards the end which was a really nice touch and surprisingly emotional IMO.

As much as he has most of the comedic scenes in this show his performance in the more serious/dramatic scenes deserves plenty of praise as well and shows you just how well James Gunn knows how to utilize his talents.

Eagly wrecking those cops was pretty awesome too and so over the top violent.

Another Finnish band! Torille! Though the songs lyrics didn't really match anything happening on screen. :funny: Maybe Lordi's "Would you love a monsterman" had been more appropriate? I can't totally see that one making the show.

Cena had some great moments in this episode for sure, but my favorite is easily him playing Home Sweet Home on the piano towards the end which was a really nice touch and surprisingly emotional IMO.

As much as he has most of the comedic scenes in this show his performance in the more serious/dramatic scenes deserves plenty of praise as well and shows you just how well James Gunn knows how to utilize his talents.

Eagly wrecking those cops was pretty awesome too and so over the top violent.

Cena seems to have the perfect voice for Gunn's writing. It doesn't feel nearly as forced or hammy when he says things as opposed to most actors IMHO.

And yeah Home Sweet Home was pretty good. I am not a Motley Crue guy (unless I am really drunk) but always enjoyed that song.

I'm enjoying the show, but I'm starting to find Leota's character tiresome. Just seems like she keeps making bad decisions to continue feeling bad about making them.

I'm enjoying the show, but I'm starting to find Leota's character tiresome. Just seems like she keeps making bad decisions to continue feeling bad about making them.

I like her but I have to admit I’m a bit confused by her whole role. Like, she’s Waller’s daughter but lacks Walker’s ruthlessness. That’s fine. But she also lacks the necessary skills or experience to really be on the team. So she’s just there because of nepotism, I guess? Waller said something to her early on about deserving to be there but like, why? It’s all a little unclear.

I like her but I have to admit I’m a bit confused by her whole role. Like, she’s Waller’s daughter but lacks Walker’s ruthlessness. That’s fine. But she also lacks the necessary skills or experience to really be on the team. So she’s just there because of nepotism, I guess? Waller said something to her early on about deserving to be there but like, why? It’s all a little unclear.
That question was answered in episode 7 lol

Solid episode by the way, and surprisingly pretty damn emotional in certain parts

Gotta give John Cena some major props. The dude can act

Another strong episode. I'm glad we didn't lose Eagly and Vigilante (yet)!

Harcourt seemed awfully broken up about fake Murn. I wouldn't be surprised if she is a butterfly. I'm thinking there's at least one other one on the team.

I dunno I doubt it unless theres a twist that Harcourt/murn where the antagonists somehow.

She started off very reserved and cold but she's just not like that as we see post gorilla being chainsawed moment. I saw some speculate that she was a butterfly for that change in personality but I think its just how she is.

wonder what the deal is with judo master? is there more to him?

hope next episode is extrasized. still wondering whats gonna be so crazy about it. not getting too hyped for some cameo or anything but should be interesting.

Yeah Cena is really great. Also, did this episode low-key confirm that Peacemaker is bi? Not sure; maybe his dad screaming at him that he’s ****ed men was just because his dad is a hateful piece of garbage. But that’s very cool if Chris is LGBTQ+.

But yeah, the weakest aspect of this show has to be what they’ve done with Judomaster. Like; what really is his role in all of this? I assume we’ll get some revelations there next week but I didn’t really like him hunting down and attacking Harcourt and Adebayo because it seemed kinda pointless.

Another great, emotional episode and I honestly wasn't expecting them to kill off Robert Patrick this season, but that confrontation was awesome and felt like a really satisfying payoff for Peacemaker.

I'm hyped for the finale next week, but a part of me also just doesn't want this show to end right now. Also, Christopher Heyerdahl is such a low-key funny dude in those post credit scenes.

I don't see how the rest of that cast didn't break during that broadcast sequence about the diary, but what made me laugh even more was the cop on the right trying so hard to keep it together lol.

Is the cow based on any comic character that we know of? I assume it’s an original thing like the Butterflies but maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"