Suit Against God Tossed Out: No Address

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
By Nate Jenkins, Associated Press

posted: 15 October 2008 04:18 pm ET

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served due to his unlisted home address.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year seeking a permanent injunction against God. He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents in Omaha, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers has said he filed the lawsuit to make the point that everyone should have access to the courts regardless of whether they are rich or poor.

On Tuesday, however, Douglas County District Court Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

"Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant this action will be dismissed with prejudice," Polk wrote.

Chambers, who graduated from law school but never took the bar exam, thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

"The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Therefore, Chambers said, "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

Chambers has 30 days to decide whether to appeal. He said he hasn't decided yet.

Chambers, who has served a record 38 years in the Nebraska Legislature, is not returning next year because of term limits. He skips morning prayers during the legislative session and often criticizes Christians.

why are people so damn stupid.

I want to file a suit against this idiot for wasting the people's time and money:o

Chambers, who graduated from law school but never took the bar exam

Yet no one noticed, in all his time in law school, that he was cuckoo for Crazy Puffs? :huh:

I find it funny the judge chose that reason to throw out the lawsuit :woot:

You'd think with all the more important issues at hand a local legislator could come up with something a lot more important to focus tax paying dollars on.

That requires thinking. No politician (from the local level up to national level) has ever demonstrated higher brain functions

is not returning next year because of term limits.

He probably wanted to cause a bit of discrepancy before he left office, and this was a way to make his statement. I don't know if he's rational enough to realize that people will look past his intention and question his sanity, if people in his area haven't already.

Can't the judge rule that the complaintant is full of ****?

I find it funny the judge chose that reason to throw out the lawsuit :woot:

I find it even funnier that this time-wasting pee-hole found a loophole in the judges ruling:

"The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Therefore, Chambers said, "Since God knows everything, God has notice of this lawsuit."

:funny:

jag

Can I file a lawsuit against my imaginary friend?

This man is going to have to appeal to a higher court that is even beyond the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"