Summers talks G.I Joe!

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
From the SHH front page:

Stephen Sommers Talks G.I. Joe

Source:Entertainment Weekly, Toy Man January 22, 2009

Entertainment Weekly talked to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra director Stephen Sommers about the Sienna Miller rumors, and what inspired the movie:

"I guess the costume department gave her a tight fitting bra, but no one gave her rubber breasts or whatever. It is 100 percent Sienna Miller."

Sommers adds that G.I. Joe, which also stars Dennis Quaid and features a cameo from his Mummy star Brendan Fraser, was partly inspired by the Sean Connery-era James Bond movies. "I always loved the old Bonds," he says. "It's funny now how Bond wants to be Bourne. I loved Quantum of Solace, but it was like, man, this is a completely different movie to the Bonds I grew up with. In a very contemporary way, G.I. Joe is inspired by the memory of the kind of movies I saw when I was younger. I remember being in the theater for Thunderball and the big underwater battle at the end of that movie just blew my socks off. In G.I. Joe, there's an underwater battle under the polar icecap that's Thunderball times 10!"

In related news, Toy News International has posted the cover for "G.I. Joe Movie Prequel #2" which gives us a good look at Destro's mask...

gijoedestrocomic.jpg

The under water battle sounds awesome. Never really been a big Summers fan, but i give him respect for sharing my view that Bond wants' to be Bourne now and that QoS, was NOT a Bond movie. :csad:

Yeah, "underwater battle under the polar icecap" sounds all kinds of awesome. Just so long as it's not full of shots of Marlon Wayans spouting off one-liners about the water/cold/danger. :csad:

Sounds good, but I would expect him to big up his movie. Put out a trailer, let us see some footage, huh?

Yeah i really wanna see some footage already. throw in some SS vs SE fight scenes too. Destro's mask looks alright. i wasn't even expecting him to have a mask in this movie, so thats a plus. hopefully we'll see some footage and maybe even Cobra Commander soon.

Yeah, "underwater battle under the polar icecap" sounds all kinds of awesome. Just so long as it's not full of shots of Marlon Wayans spouting off one-liners about the water/cold/danger. :csad:

"Oh ****, it's cold, son....and we gon' die...."

not justifying it, but the cartoon had some god awful puns....I remember exchanges between Alpine and Quick Kick that were nausea inducing

not justifying it, but the cartoon had some god awful puns....I remember exchanges between Alpine and Quick Kick that were nausea inducing

Yeah, but I didn't have to pay $9.75 to see that. :csad::oldrazz:

What do you want? Puns for free?? I'll reserve judgement until I see the SB trailer....

Hey, if I made it through the dialogue in TF, there's nothing this movie can do to bring me down. :o

I'm really hoping they can spice up the trailer enough to get some life back in here. At this point a bad trailer would put a nail in this forum's coffin. :csad:

i could live without an underwater battle...

i thought it was crappy in thunderball actually lol

Wasn't Sienna Miller the one who talked about having to put padding in her bra?

I think she was talking in terms of doing fight and action scenes so she wouldn't get banged up too bad

Underwater battle? Really?
Thunderball? Not Man with a Golden Gun or even Goldeneye?

sigh.. whatever...

If theres a big underwater battle it would be great to see some Cobra Eels, but I know thats not gonna happen since its the "rise of cobra", they were one of my fav characters/toy. Destro's mask at least looks promising, very mummy-esque.

I think she was talking in terms of doing fight and action scenes so she wouldn't get banged up too bad
No it was with regards to making her bust look bigger because Sommers said he likes girls with big boobs.

It would be impossible for Bond not to evolve. Sommers is so wrong about everything. My childhood wish to be Destro and wear a medallion while banging Baroness is the only reason I'll rent this.
vanhelsing.jpg

it would be nice if sommers were trying less hard to pay homage to classic bond and harder to pay homage to G.I. JOE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"