Super-Lost!

igotatromboner

Civilian
Reaction score
This show is going to be crap. Just another attempt on cashing in on Lost. They have a very racist stereotypical cast. This show shouldn't be watched by anyone. And Ali Landry isn't pretty.

It's Ali Larter and about that "racist stereotypical cast" thing, you just have to see Lost, that can't be more stereotypical.

Whoops, but she still isn't pretty. Lost at least did the "rascist stereotypical cast" first, this show is such a blatant rip-off. Just look at their Middle Eastern guy, same hair cut as the guy off Lost.

igotatromboner said:
Whoops, but she still isn't pretty. Lost at least did the "rascist stereotypical cast" first, this show is such a blatant rip-off. Just look at their Middle Eastern guy, same hair cut as the guy off Lost.
That's a little unfair.
Are you just basing your "Lost - Heros" connection on the fact that they both have a multi-racial cast? Lots of shows are doing that now - "Grey's Anatomy", "CSI: Miami", etc. etc. Sure, the racial population isn't always that jumbled up, but I can understand why, for a television show, they'd like to show some representation from a variety of racial groups.

I don't see the connection between the two shows as clearly as you seem to. Lost = People trapped on island. Heroes = people with superpowers, who are not on islands.

Granted, I haven't watched Lost all too often, but the basic premises seem quite different. Just because they're both have a sci-fi conspiracy element doesn't mean they're rip-offs.

okay, I'm not really that hyped about this show because (a) the premise isn't all that amazing (though I'm willing to be surprised by the execution); (b) the cast isn't the best, and (c) if their choice of title is any indication, the guys behind this don't know what they're doing.

but this... this is just stupid. the show is ripping off Lost because the middle eastern guy's hair looks like Sayid's? well, then I guess Lost is ripping off X-Men because Locke, the sage-like character, who used to be in a wheelchair no less!, is bald like Prof. X! :rolleyes:

not to mention, a character's hair doesn't really make the show stereotypical. what would make it stereotypical is if they made the middle eastern guy a terrorist or something like that. NOTHING to do with his hair.

and honestly, you have some pretty ridiculous standards if you don't think Ali Larter is at least pretty...

JackBauer said:
okay, I'm not really that hyped about this show because (a) the premise isn't all that amazing (though I'm willing to be surprised by the execution); (b) the cast isn't the best, and (c) if their choice of title is any indication, the guys behind this don't know what they're doing.

but this... this is just stupid. the show is ripping off Lost because the middle eastern guy's hair looks like Sayid's? well, then I guess Lost is ripping off X-Men because Locke, the sage-like character, who used to be in a wheelchair no less!, is bald like Prof. X! :rolleyes:

not to mention, a character's hair doesn't really make the show stereotypical. what would make it stereotypical is if they made the middle eastern guy a terrorist or something like that. NOTHING to do with his hair.

and honestly, you have some pretty ridiculous standards if you don't think Ali Larter is at least pretty...
She wasn't bad on Final Destination 1 and 2.

I happen to be a fan of Milo Ventimiglia - he was the only tolerable character on Gilmore Girls. The rest don't seem too bad. Besides - Heroes! On television! It beats having to wait years for them in theaters, and it can't be much worse than Smallville.

meh, the title feels a little derivative. and it's a specially stupid title when you consider that these aren't supposed to be heroes, but ordinary people with extraordinary powers, like the producers have said...

Ventimiglia's not a bad actor, but the thing with his lip kind of annoys me. no wonder they picked him to play Rocky's son.

JackBauer said:
meh, the title feels a little derivative. and it's a specially stupid title when you consider that these aren't supposed to be heroes, but ordinary people with extraordinary powers, like the producers have said...

Ventimiglia's not a bad actor, but the thing with his lip kind of annoys me. no wonder they picked him to play Rocky's son.
Oh - the lip? Like he always seems to be talking out of one side of his mouth? Ease up - he might have recently had a stroke or something! :D
Yeah, yeah. He's still pretty, though.

Darkdd said:
Actually,the guy is Indian.
The people we're talking about - Milo Ventimiglia, is Italian. He was born in California. I mentioned him, because some of the posts were sniping about the cast in general, and I defended one member of the cast - Milo - whom I happened to be a fan of.

AnimeJune said:
The people we're talking about - Milo Ventimiglia, is Italian. He was born in California. I mentioned him, because some of the posts were sniping about the cast in general, and I defended one member of the cast - Milo - whom I happened to be a fan of.

I think he was actually talking about the one who we've come to call "middle eastern guy"...

Hollywood does not like to cast actual arabs as arabs in their tv shows. They use Indians and Mexicans instead.

eddy said:
Hollywood does not like to cast actual arabs as arabs in their tv shows. They use Indians and Mexicans instead.
True - but at least it's a step up. In the '50s and '60s, they wouldn't even let Mexicans play Mexicans - see "Touch of Evil", with Charlton "Damn you all to Hell!" Heston as a Mexican cop.

eddy said:
I think he is actually Indian in the show though.

Either way - I'm seriously looking forward to this show. True, it could do down in all sorts of bad ways, but it could also do a lot of cool things.

On the one hand, it could go the cheesy, short-lived sci-fi route that most science fiction shows on primetime networks go (Dark Angel, Surface). On the other hand, it could be Buffyfied into greatness. It all depends on the direction and the planning.

You can't Slate a Programe just cos its got a multi-racial cast. Like if people were going to evolve it would only happen to white americans.

darkdaz said:
You can't Slate a Programe just cos its got a multi-racial cast. Like if people were going to evolve it would only happen to white americans.
Yeah - despite how unrealistic multi-racial casting can be when compared to realities of life (the definition of "minorities" means there are fewer of them), I think it's the media's responsibility to try for multi-racial casting anyways, because they all deserve representation on screen as horny doctors and corrupt cops and housewives who sleep with their gardeners. :D

What would you consider a minority in the USA. Since the population of the united states is made up of Imegrants from all over the world. The first one being the Anglo saxons but after that everything from African countries, Asia europe. I am not that sure what the Majority is there since even the white population are going to be from diverse places as well, not many will be Anglo Saxon. So i am not sure how you quantifie a Minority.

I would admit the same is true of england. the minority of people in the south are Anglo saxon but in yorkshire where i am from most of the area was controled by vikings and the 2 just merged over time. not even the Celts were native here.

Not forgeting that the consept of race was thought up by people who wanted to prove there superiority over other people they deemed different for the way they looked.
All humans come from the same Genus.

darkdaz said:
What would you consider a minority in the USA. Since the population of the united states is made up of Imegrants from all over the world. The first one being the Anglo saxons but after that everything from African countries, Asia europe. I am not that sure what the Majority is there since even the white population are going to be from diverse places as well, not many will be Anglo Saxon. So i am not sure how you quantifie a Minority.

I would admit the same is true of england. the minority of people in the south are Anglo saxon but in yorkshire where i am from most of the area was controled by vikings and the 2 just merged over time. not even the Celts were native here.

Not forgeting that the consept of race was thought up by people who wanted to prove there superiority over other people they deemed different for the way they looked.
All humans come from the same Genus.
We are talking about racial minorities, DarkDaz, not national or cultural heritage. There is a difference. Look at the Jewish people - they've had their own nation now for less than a hundred years, but they've always been their own race. Being from Iceland or the Netherlands or other parts of Europe, or being of those descent, makes you Caucasian. Being from Asia of Africa, or decended from those thereof, makes you Asian, or African.

In AMERICA, the majority of people are descended from immigrants, sure, go ahead and see it that way. But the MAJORITY of people in America are Caucasian.

After seeing the trailer I'm excited about this show. It's about Heroes around the world so of course you'll have asians, americans. Idians etc etc.

Jewish people are not a race. They are a religon and as such can be of any ethnic origin.

darkdaz said:
Jewish people are not a race. They are a religon and as such can be of any ethnic origin.
Jewish people are also a race. They are united by a religion, but there are many non-religious Jews as well. They are known as an ethno-religious group, as it is united by BOTH RACE AND RELIGION
Do your research, man.

racist stereotypical...

if anybody lurking about the site read that and literally lolled, please register and let me know I'm not alone.

i wonder if this show is a success if they'll drag it out long like desperate housewives and lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"