Fancast chat w/ Ali Larter

SuperT

I See It, I Want It
Reaction score
Ali Larter was gracious enough to host a live chat earlier today at Fancast for the Heroes fans. May contain slight spoilers. Here's the trascript:

11:11 Ali Larter: Hey guys sorry for the delay! I'm here!

11:11 moderator: Ali has joined us.

Becasue I have maybe the best job int he world - i get to ask the first question.

The return of the show this Monday is one of the most highly anticipated re-debuts of the TV season thanks to the show's diehard fans, as well as critics - many of whom criticized the show for being too confusing earlier in the season. Do you have any thoughts on those comments? And more importantly, give us a preview of what we can expect.

11:13 Ali Larter: I think Fugitives is going to be an amazing arc. It strike to the core of the people's fears and it unites them through the basic good in people.

11:13 [Comment From Lynae]
Do you prefer playing nicki/jessica or tracey

11:14 Ali Larter: It's about people coming together and what can happen when they're united in a cause.

11:15 Ali Larter: I'm so excited to be part of the show. I just finished shooting Episode 20, which is the first episode where Bryan Fuller is writing.

11:15 Ali Larter: I have an incredible connection with him and i'm super excited about what he's bringing to the show now that he's back. I think we're on track.

11:16 Ali Larter: Hey Lynae

11:16 Ali Larter: Each of the characters hold a special place in my heart but I'd have to say playing Nikki first season is definitely the highlight. I loved that.

11:17 [Comment From Jason Bourne]
Can you tell us anything about the third sister in your character's family?

11:17 Ali Larter: No because we were all separated at birth. I have no idea at this point where the writers are going with that.

11:17 [Comment From Stephen]
Who in the cast have you not worked with as much as you would have liked? And who in the cast would you like to work with the most in future episodes

11:18 Ali Larter: I would love to work with Hayden. I think she's such a talented actress. I love when two strong female characters can come together. That would be great.

11:18 [Comment From Veronica]
Do you have any upcoming films?

11:19 Ali Larter: Yes, I have a movie called "Obsessed" coming out April 24th. I'm extremely excited about it. It was exciting to play the classic femme fatale. I'm hoping that everyone goes and watches it and has as much fun seeing it as I did making. I'm counting on all you guys to come out and support!

11:20 [Comment From Nova]
Hi Ali! What is your favorite part of being on Heroes and how has working in television been different from the feature films you've been a part of?

11:20 Ali Larter: My favorite part is the incredible cast that I get to shared my days with.

11:21 Ali Larter: Movies have a beginning a middle and an end. On a TV series, your storylines are in the hands of the writers, so it's more difficult to arc out your characters.

11:21 [Comment From Nova]
What has been your favorite episode so far? Either just to watch or to have made.

11:22 Ali Larter: Hmmm.. probably the first season, 6th episode with Greg Beeman. It was the first time I got to play Nikki and Jessica, so I didn't know how it was going to play. But it was awesome. I had a great time.

11:22 [Comment From Joe Hummrich]
Hi Ali, how is it working on a film like 'Obsessed' compared to Heroes?

11:23 Ali Larter: It was wonderful working with Beyonce and Idris Elba. It was so fun to work on a thriller.

11:23 [Comment From Kim]
Do you get to work with Zachary Quinto at all in 'Fugitives'?

11:24 Ali Larter: No! I would love to work with him next season. I think he's really talented, but no I didn't get to sad.gif

11:24 [Comment From Brendan]
Can you tell us what we will see between Tracy and Nathan's relationship this volume? It didn't look so good at the end of Volume 3

11:24 Ali Larter: Hmmm Keep your friends close and your enemies closer? He definitely betrays and we get to see his true colors.

11:25 [Comment From Ally]
What can you say about all the recent rumors about you leaving the show?

11:25 Ali Larter: I'm so excited about next season. I love being a part of Heroes!

11:25 [Comment From ronnie k]
How are the wedding plans coming along?

11:26 Ali Larter: Very well, thank you for asking!

11:26 [Comment From ROESian]
How would you like your character on HEROES to evolve?

11:26 Ali Larter: I heard some of the ideas that they are fleshing out for next season, and if they come into play, I will be EXTREMELY happy!

11:26 [Comment From Melody]
What is your favorite part about being a Jersey girl?

11:27 Ali Larter: A lot of it is going back to the basics of the show...the aspect of it being a human drama. I've heard some rumors about spending more time in the White House, I think that makes it very timely for us to delve into again.

11:28 Ali Larter: Proud of it! And love being from there. We're all fun and feisty. Gotta love those feisty girls!

11:28 [Comment From Eric]
Hey Ali. What do you think will be most different in "Fugitives" compared to other chapters?

11:28 Ali Larter: I think it's high octane. I think it's going to be really dark and exciting to watch. Keep watching, it's gonna be great.

11:29 [Comment From Elissa]
There's a lot of speculation on the Interweb that the show isn't using your character and you to its fullest and that maybe you want out of your contract or that you might return, and yet you're saying you love the show, the cast and you want to be there next season...Please, please, please Ali - cuz I love your character - what's the truth?

11:29 Ali Larter: Thank you so much!

11:30 Ali Larter: One of the most extraordinary things about being on this show is the fans that support it. I am still 100 percent part of Heroes and proud to be part of the show.

11:30 [Comment From Vix]
What's been the worst thing about filming Heroes?

11:31 Ali Larter: Sometimes I wish that I could guide some of the female voices more. But what I feel is so special about the show is that there are so many characters.

11:31 moderator: Just a reminder to everyone, “Heroes” is back this Monday, February 2nd at 9pm ET on NBC. You can watch the latest episode right here on Fancast.

11:31 [Comment From kevin]
hi ali, in genesis, you had a family, are you ever going to go back to that in future episodes, what about mikah?

11:31 Ali Larter: Stay tuned...

11:32 Ali Larter: You may get some answers very very soon... smile.gif

11:32 [Comment From Jenny]
What was the hardest scene physically to film

11:33 Ali Larter: We shot an incredible sequence for the upcoming Episode 20. It was very very very cold, very very very wet, and a very very very long night. But it was all for you guys and I think it turned out great. But that's part of the show. We all give 100 percent and give everything we have for it!

11:33 [Comment From Jason]
Do you like shooting episodes that take place in the past, present, or future better?

11:34 Ali Larter: That's my favorite part of the show- that there's so much variety in the characters that I get to play. It always keeps me excited to see what the next episode will bring. It's impossible to get bored on Heroes!

11:34 [Comment From Jason]
How much of the stunts are done by you?

11:35 Ali Larter: Umm about half. I have an amazing stunt double - Heather! I have a huge fight sequence in "Obsessed" with me and Beyonce and she was able to work in that also. Heather makes me look so good!

11:36 [Comment From katie f.]
It’s fun to see Bruce Boxleitner back on TV as the Governor of New York. Are we going to be seeing more of him on the

11:36 Ali Larter: I hope so! Maybe next year... he was wonderful to work with. It'd be great to have him come back. show?

11:36 [Comment From Albie]
I am a big fan. Thank you for taking the time to be on Fancast and talk directly to the real fans. I have read rumors that one of hte characters is going to die near the end of the Fugitives story line...that's huge. You don't have to tell me who it is, but who is it - smile.gif - and is it true?

11:37 Ali Larter: Thank you so much for joining me on this chat and for supporting the show. Our fans are what keep this show alive! And unfortunately you will lose someone this year..

11:37 [Comment From Carol]
I'm looking forward t seeing "Obsessed". Question: Can you film movies and Heroes during the same time period or do films have to be shot when the series isn't filming.

11:38 Ali Larter: Heroes was incredible with working out the schedule so I could shoot the show and "Obsessed" simultaneously. 7 days a week for 2 months. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up!

11:39 [Comment From Brian]
Do you think we will see Hiro and Claire get into a relationship in Fugitives?

11:39 Ali Larter: Hahha - doubtful!

11:39 Ali Larter: Don't think so...

11:39 [Comment From Vix]
What's a typical day like on set?

11:40 Ali Larter: Hair and makeup girls - Lori and Leanne...they will do their magic in making us look good..

11:40 Ali Larter: It's a family that you crate when you're on a show. The nucleus of the show is in the hair and makeup trailer.

11:41 Ali Larter: That's where it begins and ends...Then we'll go rehearse and block a scene. Say hi to the crew (the hardest working crew in Hollywood).

11:41 [Comment From Jess]
You did an incredibly hot photo shoot in Allure magazine wearing next to nothing. First of all, thank you. you're beautiful. Secondly, would you ever do nude scenes?

11:41 Ali Larter: And then get down to business!

11:41 Ali Larter: Thank you so much - and NO!

11:42 Ali Larter: Let's leave a little to the imagination...

11:42 [Comment From Antisuperman]
Ali, what character (aside from Nikki) were you most upset by the death of?

11:42 Ali Larter: It's always hard when people leave the show.

11:43 Ali Larter: Probably Santiago the first season...

11:43 Ali Larter: He was a part of the original cast..

11:43 Ali Larter: When he left, I was sad, I was changed. He was part of the core group.

11:43 [Comment From Liz]
You've had lots of scenes with "Nathan" (no complaints there!) but not as much with the other regulars. Who would you like to work with (of the series regulars) more in the future?

11:44 Ali Larter: I would love to work with Hayden and Jack.

11:45 Ali Larter: I'm so excited that Bryan Fuller is back writing for the show. I can't wait to see what he has in store for me.

11:45 [Comment From Tommy]
How has Brian Fullers return effected the show?

11:46 Ali Larter: He just has an amazing energy. He comes in with a very positive outlook on things. He listens. I think he's an extraordinary writer. He really has an amazing way of voicing the characters.

11:46 Ali Larter: It thrills me to have him back with us and to see what he's going to do with next season. He wrote my character a lot in the past, so that's what is exciting for me!

11:46 [Comment From Nova]
I'm doing Geology homework while I read the chat.. you wouldn't happen to know anything about ocean currents would you? Imagine telling my classmates that Ali Larter answered my homework problem LOL!

11:47 Ali Larter: That is so cute! And study hard! Go to a great college and make a difference in this world. Too cute!

11:47 [Comment From Brian]
Do you think we will see Simon and Monty Petrelli (Nathan's sons) develop abilities and seek out Claire to be by her side? I've always had an interest in this family connection on the show.

11:48 Ali Larter: Interesting...I don't know. Yet to be seen. I feel like you know more about the show than I do!

11:48 [Comment From Sarah]
What are your thoughts on the historic inauguration that took place on the 20th? Did you watch?

11:50 Ali Larter: I thnk it's an extraordinary time in our country

11:51 Ali Larter: I've never been more proud to be an American, it was humbling.

11:51 Ali Larter: It's time for everyone to take a repsonsibility for the choices that they make.

11:51 Ali Larter: I'm very inspired.

11:52 moderator: Ali has to get back to saving the world now, but we want to thank her so much for her time and for taking part in our Fancast Forum today. Just a reminder, “Heroes” airs this Monday at 9pm ET on NBC with the “Fugitives” storyline kicking off. Everybody tune in, we definitely will be watching. Thanks Ali, we hope to see you back here soon!

11:52 Ali Larter: Thanks guys, I had such a blast today on Fancast.

Love that she's always so up beat and excited about Heroes in every interview she does, at least she gives off the impression that she's really invested in the show.

wow great post
Ali seems like such a nice person!

this part really got me thinking...
"Fan: ....are you ever going to go back to that in future episodes, what about Mikah?
11:31 Ali Larter: Stay tuned...
11:32 Ali Larter: You may get some answers very very soon... smile.gif"

Ali seems really cool :)

the only uncool answer I see is that she won't do any nude scenes. :csad:

LOL Well you get a scene of her being in her swim suite from it looked like. From the sounds of things those were just rumors of people leaving. Some one working from the show said every one is happy with the amount of screen time they had. So now I don't know if I should ever listen to that girl Kirstin who spreads lies to get more views on her website. I mean she gave me a heart attack. Not that I wouldn't be happy if Claire lefy, but Peter on the other hand or Hiro, oh the fan girls were crying up a storm.

11:25 [Comment From Ally]
What can you say about all the recent rumors about you leaving the show?

11:25 Ali Larter: I'm so excited about next season. I love being a part of Heroes!

ummmmmk???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"