Super Mario Bros. The Movie

i liked it for what it is. i never expected it to be a lot like the game. i never liked whats his name as koopa, would have been better if he was a real dinosaur the entire movie.
mario_bros.jpg

but Bob Hospkins was great and John Leguizomo was likeable. Yoshi looked cool to :)
SMBMovie-Yoshi.jpg
SMBMovie-DaisyYoshi.jpg

bloody hell i dont remember the koopa puppet looking that good, wonder if theres a video of it online somewhere

of the very few valid points that overlong article makes the one about Samantha Mathis is the most valid.

2814-468x-1.jpg

I've thought FOREVER she has to have the most beautiful face of any actress. And one of the most beautiful voices.

Anyway one of the most untrue things that article argues is about Bob Hoskins. He was horribley cast. His accent wasn't good. I've never seen Bob Hoskins do a good accent when he isn't speaking in his own.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Mario Brothers movie at all.

Jerry Ferrara: Mario
14952__turtle_l.jpg

Andy Samberg: Luigi
samberga_m4.jpg

Isla Fisher: Peach
1.jpg

Warwick Davis: Toad
davis.jpg

(and I name because he came to my head even though I know he'd never do it in a million years, because I can't think of anyone else) James Gandolfini: King Koopa/Bowser
tx_soprano01.jpg

Good casting. The movie sucked and was not like Mario at all.

If you want to do a live action adaptation of a game like Mario you should do it more like how they did The Flintstones movies.
This is very obvious.:o

If you want to do a live action adaptation of a game like Mario you should do it more like how they did The Flintstones movies.
This is very obvious.:o

Compared to the Flinstones movies the Mario one was frigging Raging Bull.

Mario Bros. was never a good idea for a movie, and the movie wasn't good.

i liked it for what it is. i never expected it to be a lot like the game. i never liked whats his name as koopa, would have been better if he was a real dinosaur the entire movie.
mario_bros.jpg

but Bob Hospkins was great and John Leguizomo was likeable. Yoshi looked cool to :)
SMBMovie-Yoshi.jpg
SMBMovie-DaisyYoshi.jpg
I thought Yoshi was hideous. He should be all cute and adorable.
Not really but I don't appreciate Yoshi being fugly as hell. :cmad:

It was a million times better than street fighter

This is one of those movies I'm gonna have to re-watch. If I'm not mistaken I haven't seen this movie in over ten years. So, I don't know if I would like it now or not. But, anyway, I did like it when it was released. Yeah, it was COMPLETELY different from the game, but I still liked it. :o

I re-watched it today. Yea, it's crap but it also made me laugh. So...I guess it's a guilty pleasure. :o

jerry ferrara would make a perfect mario...built just like him.

I have this on DVD. I make sure no one is around when I watch it so I don't get beat up, but I like it. :o

Bob hoskins did a great New York accent in WHo Framed Roger Rabbit.

Jerry would be a horrible Mario. He could never survive all the running, jumping, and goomba kicking.

Bob Hoskins claims this film to be the worst thing he's ever done.

He mostly attributed that to the directors...he said that they clearly had no idea what they were doing and spent a majority of the shoot bickering.

Seriously though, what the hell was the studio thinking hiring a husband and wife to co-direct this movie? Wtf!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"