Superboy

Theres a better chance of them using this DNA cloning mishap for a character like Bizarro instead of Kon-El.

Makes me wonder if ten years from now if we will get to see Jason White, Dick Grayson, Barbera Gordon (who was a child in Batman Begins) etc as teenagers. The character would be around 16.

I prefer the idea of the character being the teenage son of Superman and Lois instead of a weird clone of Superman and Lex.

This Bizarro idea is been used many times in comics, movies and animated series mostly as an imposter.

ready for another trip through the Superman movie twilight zone on the hype, Mr. Lee? :cwink:
I think the real question is.....are these guys ready for me?

Not me. The Suit wars, cast wars, comic vs film wars, attack of the killer piano, etc... I'm not getting involved with that again...
I don't want that lunacy again either....so this time, fewer warnings, more probations.

I predict there'll be a "The Kid War" once the hype starts rolling on superman again.
I thought there was already a "Kid War".....but we'll definately have an escalation of hostilities.

Me, I consider the kid to be the new gus gorman. While watching superman III, it confuses me why Richard Pryor's in it so much, but ah well... At least there's some good parts with reeve to watch.
Pryor is in it so much becasue....he was one of the biggest names in show business at that time, and said he wanted to do a Superman movie.....so there is no comparison between his character and the kid.

Now supposedly if Jason doesn't become Superboy, then maybe he can become supergirl through a sex change... yes, kidding.
But your kidding generaly has a ring of truth to it.....are you working with Singer on the sequel?

I must say though, that wouldn't this whole plot be a rehash of superman IV in some aspects?
All plots of all stories are a rehash of what has gone before in some aspects....:hyper:

I think certain aspects of Bizarro can be done, actually I think they are setting Bizarro up.

I think the real question is.....are these guys ready for me?

In my humble opinion. No. I've gone toe to toe with you under a different name and still have the scars from it to this very day. :dry: :cwink:

I don't want that lunacy again either....so this time, fewer warnings, more probations.

:word: Good plan. Though I have to admit the drama outside the film itself was more entertaining than all of what I paid to see last year in the cinemas.

I thought there was already a "Kid War".....but we'll definately have an escalation of hostilities.

Ah, you speak of that reaction to the initial kid revelation... Yes that was but a scuffle compared to what I can foresee. The way I'm thinking is if the superman curl can spark heated debate, something as drastic as adding superboy will bring down nuclear warfare upon us.

Pryor is in it so much becasue....he was one of the biggest names in show business at that time, and said he wanted to do a Superman movie.....so there is no comparison between his character and the kid.

True. I only compare them because I think at this point I'll generally despise the kid's pressence as much as I do Pryor's if or when this sequel is released and includes super Jason.

But your kidding generaly has a ring of truth to it.....are you working with Singer on the sequel?

Ha ha ha, no but I don't doubt they'd benefit from my input. :cwink:

All plots of all stories are a rehash of what has gone before in some aspects....:hyper:

:hyper: Never thought about it like that...

Before the bashing begins, just hear me out. I've liked the character of the modern age Superboy for two reasons: a) He's more conflicted than Superman and b) Superboy's a bit of a smart-mouth when it comes to his "superhero" work.

For a while now I've been thinking about how Superboy (not Jason White!) would work in the SR continuity. Well, if you remember from SR when Superman lifts his hand after unknowingly touching the kryptonite ore in Lex's landmass his fingers are bleeding. Now this would involve a bit more retconning but le's theorize that Lex was able to obtain a bit of Superman's blood (or hair or whatever, some piece of Superman's genetic material) and after being foiled in SR came up with another plan: using Superman's DNA and the money he swindled from Gertrude, he begins Project Cadmus with the help of Dr. Paul Westfield.

Now i'm more than aware that Superboy was created by Project Cadmus after Superman's death, so Superboy's origin would change somewhat to conform to the SR continuity. Instead of being created with the purpose of replacing Superman after his death, Superboy would be created as a weapon to destroy Superman. So the movie would follow Superboy's journey from Superman's intended assassin to Superman's ally, eventually leading to him being christened Kon-El at the end and possibly allowing for a spinoff movie series (if this isn't one already lol)

If anyone's interested I'd be more than happy to post more details, as this is only a very rough sketch of the background and plot.

For a Superboy (if one is ever done)movie i say leave Jason White. All that Cadmus/Clone mess is to convoluted. I've always liked the cloned Superboy from Cadmus, but theirs no reason why Jason White can't grow to a teen and have that same attitide. He won't be living is Smallville Kansas, but a huge metropolitian city where teens are more hip and exposed to much more then kids in rural town America. He's also half human so having slighty different powers from his dad wouldn't be far fetched.

actually no. i might not be a hardcore fan of Superboy's but i know enough of his backstory to know that the human part of Conner's DNA is actually thanks to a generous donation from Lex Luthor. Originally Conner's DNA was claimed to have been given to him by Paul Westfield (the head of Project Cadmus) but this got retconned i think either last year or in '05
What I meant was that the basic idea of a human-Kryptonian DNA mix was the same.

The people can be different, but if the same kind of thing happened (only, in SR it was natural, whereas in the comics it was artificial), then doesn't that constitute a similarity? Even an outright parallel?

Jason White as Bizarro

407734816_a574412958_b.jpg

Cast a Routh lookalike,to play Jason all grown up.

What I meant was that the basic idea of a human-Kryptonian DNA mix was the same.

The people can be different, but if the same kind of thing happened (only, in SR it was natural, whereas in the comics it was artificial), then doesn't that constitute a similarity? Even an outright parallel?

maybe the basic idea of cloning Superman, but I always thought that Bizzaro had "pure" Kryptonian DNA. like i said before (in the words of Christopher Nolan :woot:) i've always been a big fan of the character, but i am by no means any kind of comic book expert, so i could be wrong

Singer will probably play it safe and go with Bizarro and Lex. Perhaps a Brainiac appearance.

i havent read Death of Superman yet but can anyone tell me if there was a single motivating incident that prompted Superman and the JL to confront Doomsday? i know it sounds like a dumb ? but i'm just thinking that maybe (in the film version) it'll be Jason's death (most likely incidental) that spurs Superman into action. would it work?

alright i know i'm flogging a dead horse here but i'm going to go ahead and write Superboy: Experiment 13 anyway as a fanscript. so for fun i also made a "teaser poster" for it as well. its a crappy poster, i made it in MS Paint but anyway here you go

singer doesnt have the courage to think of such ideas

his mental state is equivalent to a 5 year old

he needs help

Alright so here's a scene i've written for my fanscript of Superboy: Experiment 13... actually i'm thinking of renaming it Superboy: Red Hour but i'm not so sure. Anyway, here you go.

Int. FIRST NATIONAL BANK

Two BURGLARS drop down from an air vent into an empty bank. They wear black sweaters and cargo pants, the getup finished off with black skullcaps and boots, as well as a pair of gloves each. As they creep through, silvery moonlight washes through the high windows, creating long narrow shadows along the floor. At the opposite end of their point of entry is the door of a large steel safe. Burglar 2 pulls out a hotgun and begins to break the heavy lock on the safe. Suddenly, a WHOOSH breaks the silence. BURGLAR 1 turns and looks hesitantly around the bank.

BURGLAR 2
What is it?

BURGLAR 1
(nervous)
I-I dunno...must be an open window or somethin'.

BURGLAR 2
Well then lets move it, huh?

Burglar 2 looks at the glowing face of a digital watch. He returns to his work but he feels Burglar 1 tapping his shoulder fervently. Burglar 2 looks, and standing behind them is CONNER, arms crossed, dressed in a black T-shirt with the RED SUPERMAN SYMBOL outlined on it. A pair of jeans and black and red sneakers complete his ensemble. He smirks confidently and raises one eyebrow. Burglar 2 starts laughing.

BURGLAR 2
(laughing)
What's this? Some kinda joke, right? Alright then, Superboy, you've had your fun, so beat it and let us finish our--

Conner moves with BLINDING SPEED, and is now standing directly in front of Burglar 2. Using his superhuman strength, he lifts Burglar 2 off his feet. Conner's eyebrows are furrowed, and his grin has become a scowl. Burglar 1 backs up, a frightened expression splayed across his face.

CONNER
(annoyed)
Dont ever call me Superboy--

With the slightest push, Burglar 2 is hurled back into Burglar 1. Their momentum causes them to fly back and slam against the safe's door. They slump to the floor in an unconscious heap.

CONNER (Cont'd)
Got it?

Alright so here's a scene i've written for my fanscript of Superboy: Experiment 13... actually i'm thinking of renaming it Superboy: Red Hour but i'm not so sure. Anyway, here you go.

Int. FIRST NATIONAL BANK

Two BURGLARS drop down from an air vent into an empty bank. They wear black sweaters and cargo pants, the getup finished off with black skullcaps and boots, as well as a pair of gloves each. As they creep through, silvery moonlight washes through the high windows, creating long narrow shadows along the floor. At the opposite end of their point of entry is the door of a large steel safe. Burglar 2 pulls out a hotgun and begins to break the heavy lock on the safe. Suddenly, a WHOOSH breaks the silence. BURGLAR 1 turns and looks hesitantly around the bank.

BURGLAR 2
What is it?

BURGLAR 1
(nervous)
I-I dunno...must be an open window or somethin'.

BURGLAR 2
Well then lets move it, huh?

Burglar 2 looks at the glowing face of a digital watch. He returns to his work but he feels Burglar 1 tapping his shoulder fervently. Burglar 2 looks, and standing behind them is CONNER, arms crossed, dressed in a black T-shirt with the RED SUPERMAN SYMBOL outlined on it. A pair of jeans and black and red sneakers complete his ensemble. He smirks confidently and raises one eyebrow. Burglar 2 starts laughing.

BURGLAR 2
(laughing)
What's this? Some kinda joke, right? Alright then, Superboy, you've had your fun, so beat it and let us finish our--

Conner moves with BLINDING SPEED, and is now standing directly in front of Burglar 2. Using his superhuman strength, he lifts Burglar 2 off his feet. Conner's eyebrows are furrowed, and his grin has become a scowl. Burglar 1 backs up, a frightened expression splayed across his face.

CONNER
(annoyed)
Dont ever call me Superboy--

With the slightest push, Burglar 2 is hurled back into Burglar 1. Their momentum causes them to fly back and slam against the safe's door. They slump to the floor in an unconscious heap.

CONNER (Cont'd)
Got it?

Whoa, this scene would make a great teaser. Where can I your fanscript?

I wouldn't mind if we get a Man of Steel trilogy aka the Dark Knight if they did the All Star Superman ending and a bit clone of Superman is in some sort of tube thing.

I'd save Superboy for a post-Lex as the big bad movie, where they can use Lex's creation of Conner as a reveal of just how far he's willing to go for persoanl and petty revenge.

Picture a Conner who's introduced as a government-created back-up for Superman that get's released by Clark when he finds out about him. Conner developes a personality and a close bond with Superman, only for the returning Lex to reveal he helped create Conner and implanted a Manchurian Canidate who then targets everyone Clark holds dear and we get to see Clark trying to keep a Superboy, who is at war with himself under the surface, from killing their friends and family.

I wouldn't bother with Superboy at all. He's not as important to who Superman is as a character as Robin is to Batman, for example.

Maybe some of his storyline (a clone of Superman manufactured by Lex) could be used in a sequel in perhaps the creation of Bizarro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"