Superboy

I'm a massive Conner Kent fan so I'd love to see him done in live-action.

I'm a massive Conner Kent fan so I'd love to see him done in live-action.
I'm a massive fan as well. It would be interesting to see that character portrayed on the big screen.

I'm a massive fan as well. It would be interesting to see that character portrayed on the big screen.

Definitely :up:

Just imagine a world left without a Superman but the world then gets a Superboy. I think that would be a great ending to a trilogy.

Just imagine a world left without a Superman but the world then gets a Superboy. I think that would be a great ending to a trilogy.
I just love how Lex is dr. frankenstein and creates his own "super creature".
I would love to see the creation vs the original.

I would be fine with them mixing Conner and Bizarro into one character.

Ahh I'd rather they just did Bizarro in his own right and used Conner in a different way

meh, I just watched a trilogy end that way:doh:

I'd keep 'em seperate. Bizarro should always be the bizarre and ambiguously alligned "failed" clone. Maybe while fighting an escaped Bizarro Superman runs into Superboy?

I have nothing against Conner, but I'd much rather have Kara in a MOS sequel than Superboy.

mainly because his backstory would be too complicated to fit into the narrative, especially in 1 or 2 movies. you wouldn't do the character justice.

if they want to go the clone route, then do Bizarro.

just gonna leave this here

2650037-dylan_sprayberry___conner_kent__superboy__kon_el__1_.jpg

Much, much rather have Supergirl than Superboy in this franchise.
If anyone should take over if Supes would be gone, it should be Kara.

I feel like Supergirl is really only good to show the reader a real Kryptonian. She will always be an alien. Clark thinks he's one because of his powers, but he will normally be human. No matter how much he immerses himself in the Kryptonian culture. It's always what he thinks it is. Supergirl would jump at any chance to go home. She is not a successor. Her S is her S. She has every right to her shield as her cousin. It's her family crest. She is her own superhero.

Superboy though is different. He is bound to the planet earth. He is a blending of two species. Earth is his home and origin. He is Supermans successor because Connor could be anything he chooses to be. But everything he does is in reference to the shield he borrows. It's all about identity with this guy. I also think a father son story line would be perfect. Pa Kent, Clark, and Conner.

I want Connor to work. I think he is an interesting and conflicted character, and filmmakers could have some fun with the creation of Lex Luthor. Have Superman be initially horrified with Connor's existence. Lots of great stuff

I think exploring the concept would make for an interesting story in a sequel. Say Cadmus is a government organization that created him in case they ever needed a defense against a Superman gone rogue, and that he's also the culmination of further attempts to clone Superman with Bizarro being the original flawed attempt, using human DNA to fill in the blanks (ala Jurassic Park and the frog DNA).

Wow, I almost forgot about this thread! :hehe: it's good to see that I'm not entirely alone when it comes to Superboy.

Given that the series is now being rebooted I don't know if my original Superboy idea would work, but if Faora is able to literally punch the blood out of Superman as seen in the trailer then it may still be viable. Make Cadmus a top-secret "paramilitary science research enterprise" with a "mysterious benefactor" (i.e. Luthor). Whether or not Kryptonite factors into the MOS story or not will depend on Connor's "hybridization," but I hope it does so that Luthor can contribute his DNA to Connor's creation.

And also, if Connor has TTK, it should be noted that it's derived from Superman's own power set and not a man-made attempt to approximate it. To me, it seems like a missed opportunity since John Byrne implied that Superman had some form of TTK (such as when he lifted Lex's cruise ship and Professor Vale's lab).

And also, if Connor has TTK, it should be noted that it's derived from Superman's own power set and not a man-made attempt to approximate it. To me, it seems like a missed opportunity since John Byrne implied that Superman had some form of TTK (such as when he lifted Lex's cruise ship and Professor Vale's lab).

Well the "takeoff" bit in the trailer may be used as proof of the TTK theory.

And I would imagine that Connor's TTK comes from his human DNA restricting the latent abilities in his Kryptonian DNA.

Much, much rather have Supergirl than Superboy in this franchise.
If anyone should take over if Supes would be gone, it should be Kara.

With Zack Snyder I think Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) could be in one of his movies. She could help Superman with his origins and other things. Supergirl bring more to the table than Superboy does.

Last edited:
^ right.

Kara has a connection to the Krypton backstory. Heck, you could introduce her along with a "shrunken" Argo City and Brainiac in a sequel.

Superboy's backstory would take too long to play out over the course of 1 or 2 films. if they were doing multiple films like the HP films, then maybe.

the only way I could see Superboy having a role would be if he and Bizarro were merged into one character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"