Supergirl Supergirl to premiere on October 26th, at 8:30/7:30c on CBS

That's the same timeslot as Gotham occupies on Fox.

Interesting that they would schedule it against another DC show.

But then again, there's so many DC shows popping up that it was inevitable two would be on at the same time eventually

What was CBS thinking putting it up against Gotham?

My concerns with this being on CBS Is proven again.

It's probably worse news for Gotham at this point. That show's first season ratings trajectory was very similar to that of Agents of SHIELD, which means it could be in for a pretty steep sophomore decline.

Fox shows have a habit of doing that anyway (see: Sleepy Hollow)

This is bad news for Gotham not Supergirl. Supergirl's new and exciting, Gotham's coming off a mixed season.

Both could be losers.Gotham should have remained 16 episodes.

The timeslot is going to split DC fans.

considering Fox it's lucky to get a second season.and i will be shocked if it gets a third season considering it's on Fox.

Supergirl Is still on CBS which isn't good fit for superhero shows,fantasy action adventre shows,and shows with recurring storylines.The closest one they have person of intrest is kind of being jerked around by them.

and don't forget intellegence which sadly lasted only one season

Last edited:
Both could be losers.Gotham should have remained 16 episodes.

The timeslot is going to split DC fans.

considering Fox it's lucky to get a second season.and i will be shocked if it gets a third season considering it's on Fox.

Supergirl Is still on CBS which isn't good fit for superhero shows,fantasy action adventre shows,and shows with recurring storylines.The closest one they have person of intrest is kind of being jerked around by them.

I don't really have the time to go into an in-depth discussion, but there are a LOT of series that have aired or currently air on CBS - especially in the last 15 years - that have incorporated serialization.

CBS is known for shows like CSI that doesn't require a lot of past knowledge to watch.

When hawaii five-o premiered there was a lot of talk that never materlized and it has became NCIS:Hawaii.

Hawaii 5-0 is VERY serialized. Being a Procedural series does not mean that a series can't also be Serialized, as stuff like Bones, Fringe, CSI: NY, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, and The X-Files (amongst others) will attest.

Thank god for my PVR, I will now have 3 shows on Monday(Supergirl, Gotham and Scorpion)

I disagree Superhero shows can't work if they not serilaized. Generally I prefer DC cartoons to DC shows and they heavily procedural. Getting a more serialized show gets us Season 3 of Arrow which I would argue at times has been cringeworthy with the season long arcs.

Supergirl, as per Nina Tassler, wil be the same type of series, structurally, as FRINGE (to give one example), being a "Serialized Procedural".

My loyalty shifts to the Maiden of Might....the girl of steel. Sorry Gotham. Just not interesting enough to hold my interest. I'll DVR you and watch you later

it would be nice to confirm whether or not supergirl is in the arrowverse or separate

There's nothing competing against Gotham and that's already not enough to make me tune in. I've missed the last three episodes and haven't been anxious to catch up.

But I will say it's weird. It made much more sense when the rumor was that it would be at 9pm.

Supergirl isn't gonna have any problems with Gotham. Every primetime CBS show has more viewers than Gotham. Supergirl will be no different.

Also, Supergirl won't be the reason Gotham fails.

How do you "selectively interpret" this?

"Though Supergirl will be airing on The CW’s parent network, Berlanti has already gone on record to say that the heroine exists in the same universe as the scarlet speedster and emerald archer, so we could be in for an epic cross-network crossover with The Flash and Arrow—and the superhero team-up spin-off, should it move forward."
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/06/supergirl-debuts-new-costume-whats-different

He says Berlanti went on record -- so where is that record? Where is the quote where he explicitly confirms the shows are in the same universe? There is no record of it, because he hasn't said it. EW was more probably just jumping the gun and calling one of the former noncommittal media mentions of it a confirmation.

All we know for sure is that he'd like to it, and it's in Berlanti's contract that he can.

This is exactly like when you kept saying there's no way Harrison Wells was the Reverse Flash. You found a quote that supported your viewpoint and your confirmation bias kicked in.

For the record, I do think this show will end up in the shared universe. But if Berlanti had actually gone on record, there'd be a quote and someone besides EW would be reporting it.

Hawaii 5-0 is VERY serialized. Being a Procedural series does not mean that a series can't also be Serialized, as stuff like Bones, Fringe, CSI: NY, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, and The X-Files (amongst others) will attest.
Hawaii Five-0 is not as serialized as you're making it because almost anyone can jump right in and not get lost, which is at the heart of what a procedural is designed for. While H50, Blue Bloods, Bones, and CSI:NY have had some arcs that lasted multiple episodes, they are still more in the vein of NCIS, long-running shows that will bring up past events/characters when need be but aren't essential for the premise of the show to move forward.

He says Berlanti went on record -- so where is that record? Where is the quote where he explicitly confirms the shows are in the same universe? There is no record of it, because he hasn't said it. EW was more probably just jumping the gun and calling one of the former noncommittal media mentions of it a confirmation.

All we know for sure is that he'd like to it, and it's in Berlanti's contract that he can.

This is exactly like when you kept saying there's no way Harrison Wells was the Reverse Flash. You found a quote that supported your viewpoint and your confirmation bias kicked in.

For the record, I do think this show will end up in the shared universe. But if Berlanti had actually gone on record, there'd be a quote and someone besides EW would be reporting it.

Entertainment Weekly, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and Deadline do not mention, post, or report on things that have not been thoroughly vetted and confirmed to be factual.

IOW, Entertainment Weekly's statement is as good as any official direct quote from Berlanti himself.

No it isn't.

They used the past tense -- they said he has already gone on record.

Again, if it were on the record, we'd have a quote.

TECHNICALLY Harrison Wells is NOT the Reverse Flash....

I don't think they looked to far into this matter. I think that whomever wrote that article just made an assumption based on what everybody hopes and thinks will happen, and none of his editors caught it.

Again, they used the past tense. They said he was ALREADY on record. If they had a real quote confirmin it it'd be plastered all over the internet.

Pretty much everybody but you is taking the "wait and see" approach on this, and there's a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"