Superheroes in IMAX

I've seen Batman Begins in IMAX. That's pretty much it. I was lucky I was sitting in the back row too.

None because they change the aspect ratio of the movie.

If a movie is shot in the 2.35:1 or 1.85:1 ratio it is more than likely changed to the IMAX screen on 1.66:1. So they either show it in letter box format to maintain it's intended ratio or it is cut to fit in the 1.66:1 screen size which is almost like the average television (1.33:1).

So you're mainly basing this on an assumption & don't know for sure that it hurts the viewing.

It's not an assumption. I was going to go see Episode III at my local IMAX which Lucas always shoots in 2.35:1. They were squishing it to the 1.66:1 which would like like a giant 4:3 television instead of a true 16:9 widescreen. So in essence they are cutting the sides of the picture off to accomodate the square television look of IMAX.

Both Spidey 2 and Begins....and I'm very tempted to see Vendetta there.

Superman returns will me in IMAX!! I will so be there for my second viewing of the film just I did with SM2 and BB. I'm sure I will like it enough to see twice.
Warner's is really looking into using IMAX for fan driven projects like this. When I saw Begins, part of Warner Marketing was there having everyone in line take a survey on it and Batman and comics movies in general. I think they have a sense of the crowd that would go to IMAX. I completed my survey quickly and the woman collecting it asked if I had seen it before. When I answered "yes" she smiled.

Kable24 said:
It's not an assumption. I was going to go see Episode III at my local IMAX which Lucas always shoots in 2.35:1. They were squishing it to the 1.66:1 which would like like a giant 4:3 television instead of a true 16:9 widescreen. So in essence they are cutting the sides of the picture off to accomodate the square television look of IMAX.
I haven't found this to hurt the image at all. But then, I don't think about things like aspect ratios when I go to the movies. If I watch a movie in IMAX, I'm thinking about better picture, better sound & a bigger screen. I don't care about anything else.

I have seen Spider-Man 2 in IMAX

I just caught Vendetta at the IMAX and it was even better on second viewing.

^^^Did you get there early enough to see a big "V" on the giant screen.It was on when I went to go check out VFV on the I-MaX

Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins.

Since the announcement about certain portions of Superman Returns being in 3D at the IMAX, people might want to see that there also.

BB, I'll be seeing Superman Returns there later this year.

I saw BB and VFV.

I certainly enjoyed the experience, except that in both cases the audio mix seemed...off. Both had some issues with dialogue softness, especially V. There were a few times I had no clue what they were saying because of sound effects.

str8raz0r said:
I saw BB and VFV.

I certainly enjoyed the experience, except that in both cases the audio mix seemed...off. Both had some issues with dialogue softness, especially V. There were a few times I had no clue what they were saying because of sound effects.

I remember having a similar problem with soft dialogue during Batman Begins on IMAX.

I don't know if that was because of IMAX or not. During parts of the movie I couldn't hear what V was saying because of the scores playing so loud. But I have never been to an IMAX theater.

I saw VFV/BB.

V's voice in my theater was louder than everything else in the film, and was really cool.

I've seen all 3 and can't wait for Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"