Superman and Wonder Woman?

"You want me to put that mystical Mace where?!?!"

While i would rather have ww with batman, i am just glad dc had the guts to go down this path period.

Honestly, I think Wonder Woman works better single. I've never seen her in a relationship that didn't feel forced or distracting.

I think she should be with a woman and a man myself.

She's supposed to be based on William Moulton Marston and his wife's lover, Olive Byrne .....makes sense that she would be better off in some sort of polyamorous relationship. But I guess that's too out there for people to accept or whatever.

I wouldn't mind her being a lesbian, but bigamy just seems greedy to me. All things in moderation; that's the ancient Greek motto. :oldrazz:

I haven't seen her with a man where it isn't awkward either, though.

While i would rather have ww with batman, i am just glad dc had the guts to go down this path period.

this has nothing to do with guts, its just another try of dc to shove something down our throats that never worked and will never work. The question is,how long do the dc guys need until they see the failure in this,if they dont see it soon it could damage the whole dc universe they already hurt superman enough without THIS.

I wouldn't mind her being a lesbian, but bigamy just seems greedy to me. All things in moderation; that's the ancient Greek motto. :oldrazz:

I haven't seen her with a man where it isn't awkward either, though.

Who said anything about Bigamy? Polyamory. There's a difference. I mean, one has a B and the other has a P. :o

Whatever, polyamory is just bigamy without a couple weddings. You know what I meant. :o

It's' terrible... if they try to prolong it. The "Hey we are both kinda the same and alone" is a reason for THEM to try it, in universe, but it's also the reason why it is ultimately crap out of universe. There are BILLIONS of men and women on this planet that are ultimately the same... but as any of us know that isn't enough. To make it a serious thing would be DC is saying "Superman is by far the most powerful man on the planet wonder woman is the most powerful woman on the planet... so of course they have to be together!" then it's just two incredibly powerful beings super-ing around... doesn't seem like there's any real place for am interesting story to go.

As others have said a much more dynamic story would be Batman and Wonder Woman... if they do it right. They have touched on the idea elsewhere but have yet to make a real story of it in the main continuity. Just like a regular woman can handle a "Super" man a regular man can handle a woman with powers because a relationship is not based on power it's based on how the two people interact. Wonder Woman clearly has issues with men as her ENTIRE society felt they needed to separate from them, and Batman is a very closed off, half emotion giving, half giving a crap type of guy... against that no matter how much power you have as a woman it's useless... that makes for some great story telling, if they'd ever tell it, they did a bit in the cartoon, some in Trinity which was great, but that's it. Besides as also noted, can Bruce have one woman semi-long term (as I don't see Bruce ever settling down) that is not a criminal and be himself with... Bruce Wayne is a facade, Batman is who he is, that's would be a good relationship story you can only get right now with Talia and Selina but can't go to far.. because they're crooks.

At any rate we all know Superman is ultimately with Lois so this will be short lived of course, we'll have to see what they do in the mean time.

She shouldn't be with anybody in the cape set.

I'm on team BatWondy.

the_wonder_bat_by_glee_chan.jpg

screen-shot-2010-12-10-at-7-39-00-pm.png

She shouldn't be with anybody in the cape set.

Explain why? While I agree there should never be a permanent fixture as it would be bad comics to have any two main characters of your universe stay together as a couple permanently, comics are story driven the whole point is to create as many compelling and entertaining scenarios as possible. The current Superman, Wonder Woman is one, I would say the issue to me there is they are TOO similar to be compelling so as long as the keep it succinct it should be good, if they pull off something compelling that would be great too, but I don't see it. The only difference I see with Batman is his personality as compared to Diana's, that could be more of an on and off again tumultuous interaction that can be added to any JL story from time to time, I don't see that with Superman... the truth is he's too good.

Last edited:
I swear .....you people are just stuck in the mud! You all say you like all these changes....but you still want the same ol' same ol'! Geez!

I love this move! Why does Carol Ferris have to always be with Hal?? Why can't Batman have someone besides two criminals like Selina and Talia??? Why is it always Lois and Clark!???

It's like Lex Luthor.....he's the Dr. Doom of DC.... Yes Doom is the FF's main nemesis. But he's squared off with everybody!! Lex only fights Superman! Same ol' same ol'.......

Let Diana and Clark get really serious. Make it last!! Let Lois move on!

Let Bruce hook up with Black Canary.....

Mix it up!!

I swear .....you people are just stuck in the mud! You all say you like all these changes....but you still want the same ol' same ol'! Geez!

I love this move! Why does Carol Ferris have to always be with Hal?? Why can't Batman have someone besides two criminals like Selina and Talia??? Why is it always Lois and Clark!???

It's like Lex Luthor.....he's the Dr. Doom of DC.... Yes Doom is the FF's main nemesis. But he's squared off with everybody!! Lex only fights Superman! Same ol' same ol'.......

Let Diana and Clark get really serious. Make it last!! Let Lois move on!

Let Bruce hook up with Black Canary.....

Mix it up!!

Who here likes all the changes in the new 52 from what i heard people tend more to "not like" the changes.
In a way changes would be good but the thing especially with clark and diana is that we already had it 4-5 times and it was always boring and hurt both characters in the storys, they should have used something new and fresh not the things that already happend and faild bad!

Who here likes all the changes in the new 52 from what i heard people tend more to "not like" the changes.
In a way changes would be good but the thing especially with clark and diana is that we already had it 4-5 times and it was always boring and hurt both characters in the storys, they should have used something new and fresh not the things that already happend and faild bad!

It can only be a failure if it was really tried! DC has never tried it! They teased us.....that's all.

I could say the same for you. You're resistant to the romance that DC is trying, without giving it a chance.

I'm sorry, but aren't you the guy that was throwing a hissy fit when Wonder Woman used Cupid's Love guns?

If you're gonna dislike what most people like and like what most people don't like just to be different, don't be a hypocrite about it. :BA

It can only be a failure if it was really tried! DC has never tried it! They teased us.....that's all.

This teasing was already enough, when its already bad if they "tease" it how bad will it be if they go through with it completely.
And also they teased batman/wonderwoman a whole lot more and its pretty popular everywhere,so why didnt DC tried it with them.........no they try to shove superman/wonderwoman down our throats so hard that it cant be good.

The reboot does so many new things but why oh why do they try the old thing with clark and diana instead of something completley fresh, isnt that what the reboot supposed to do.......trying fresh things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"