Superman|Batman 2 incoming

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Man this is kinda hard to believe, news this early? If this source turns out to be hoax, feel free to delete the thread and laugh at me. :doh::awesome:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/10/16/supermanbatman-animated-sequel-in-the-works/

Hot off the heels of the recently released animated film “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” comes word that a sequel is already on the way. According to Mania, Warner Premiere is so pleased by the performance of “Superman/Batman: Public Enemies”—which sold close to 200,000 copies in its first week—that they are actively looking to make ““Superman/Batman 2” the first sequel produced for their line of popular DC animated films.

While no further details have been revealed at this time, popular speculation has centered on at least two of the subsequent storylines by comic scribe Jeph Loeb: “Absolute Power,” which finds Superman and Batman raised as dictators by three time-traveling supervillains from the 31st century; and “With A Vengance,” which features Superman and Batman trapped in an alternate reality and hunted by the Maximums—the heroes of that Earth who were obvious analogues of Marvel’s “Ultimates” and “The Avengers.”

However, "The Supergirl From Krypton" would probably work best as the sequel to “Public Enemies”, since it directly followed “Public Enemies” in the original “Superman/Batman” comic and set up the subsequent storylines. As the title suggests, "The Supergirl From Krypton" reintroduced Supergirl into the modern DCU and followed Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman’s quest to train Supergirl and save her from Darkseid.
Given the early nature of this project, it will probably be at least a year or two before the film is released. The next DC animated DVDs will be the previously announced “Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths” film and the new line of DC Animated short features.

What storyline do you want to see made into the next “Superman/Batman” animated film? Would you want to see the same art style used in the next film, or should it change to match the work of Michel Turner or Carlos Pacheco? Let us know what you think in the comment section or on Twitter!

Last edited:
It's disappointing to hear the least sold DvD getting a sequal, especially when Green Lantern and Wonder Woman have so much more potential. :/

It's disappointing to hear the least sold DvD getting a sequal, especially when Green Lantern and Wonder Woman have so much more potential. :/

What? Least sold? Green Lantern sold like 160 in its first week and Wonder Woman sold like 120. S/B sold 190, it blew them out the water.

Oh right steady growth. >_< I'm a moron lol. :( Ah well i just kinda hoped for something more than Loeb based stories, know what im saying?

How could they do Absolute Power as a sequel to Public Enemies?

Supergirl From Krypton would be my pick. The art style is great, and would probably lend itself to a bigger production value, which the first movie was severely lacking.

I agree. Plus it would hopefully mean some new animated Darkseid voiced by Michael Ironside.

I want a trilogy based on Year One/The Man Who Laughs, The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

I'd rather they come up with a new story. I didn't like any of the storylines in Loeb's run on that book.

As long as they keep the good voice actors (or possibly bring in more), im fine with any story :)

we were already talking about this in the batman/superman thread.

Why are they doing sequels with there are so many properties yet to get off the ground? After they do a Flash, Nightwing, Teen Titans, maybe then they can go back and start doing sequels.

Why are they doing sequels with there are so many properties yet to get off the ground? After they do a Flash, Nightwing, Teen Titans, maybe then they can go back and start doing sequels.

Because Superman and Batman ensures loads of cash. :(

totally, to bad they have so much problems with superman in live action form right now. Cause we are likely never going to see them together any time soon.

I'm cool with this. :up: I'm one of the few that actually like Loeb's run on Superman/Batman.

Because Superman and Batman ensures loads of cash. :(

Exactly, the amazing numbers it already has and the amount of money Batman and Superman make together merits a sequel. I hope they do any original story but as long as we get Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly, I'm happy.

I hope the sequel has like, a little more story to it, not just beating villains through most of it :D Even though it's fun to watch, just needs more substance than awesome fight scenes. I've never read any of the Superman/Batman comics though.

That would be awesome

The Supergirl one would be good! Micheal Ironside as Darkside=Genius!

they would have no reason not to do conroy/daly again.

I'd love to see 'The Supergirl From Krypton'. The cast would be like this:

Superman - Tim Daly
Batman - Kevin Conroy
Darkseid - Michael Ironside
Supergirl - Kristen Bell
Wonder Woman - Morena Baccarin

Keep the same voice cast, and do another one. I did enjoy the first one, so I say bring on another!

There is no reason why they wouldnt keep daly/conroy/brown for sequel. They are the selling point of public enemies.

supermanbatmanvol2super.jpg

"The Supergirl From Krypton"
should be the next instalment . It's a No brainer .

Batman - Kevin Conroy
Superman - Tim Daly
Darkseid - Michael Ironside
Supergirl - hayden panettiere
Wonder Woman - Lucy Lawless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"