• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises superman cameo?

T

thirdidtry

well, i don't think superman will fit in but how about clark kent and lois lane visiting as reporter? i think that would be pretty cool...

Superman, including Clark, doesn't belong in that universe.

I hate comic book movies....
They turn rational people into crybabies...

How about a magic trick? I am going to make this thread get locked. TADA! Its.....locked.

How about a magic trick? I am going to make this thread get locked. TADA! Its.....locked.

......*waits*.........*still waiting*.......

well lock it namtaB :cmad:

A newspaper from "The Daily Planet" or a mention of Metropolis. Other than that, Superman wouldn't fit in to the world Nolan's created.

That said, I think someone, it was either on here or somewhere else, had the idea that not having "super" heroes makes Batman seem all the more special. But Batman has changed things and already has copycats. What's to say he won't inspire some more heightened-reality-based heroes a la Green Arrow?

A newspaper from "The Daily Planet" or a mention of Metropolis. Other than that, Superman wouldn't fit in to the world Nolan's created.

That said, I think someone, it was either on here or somewhere else, had the idea that not having "super" heroes makes Batman seem all the more special. But Batman has changed things and already has copycats. What's to say he won't inspire some more heightened-reality-based heroes a la Green Arrow?

^ I think it's the superpowers what doesn't actually fit.

It's taking too long, Joker. :joker:

Screw it, I'd totally be up for a Superman appearance. You only live once; why make comic book films if you're going to hold back?

The tagline for TDK was, of course, Welcome to a World Without Rules.

Batman was already overwhelmed once, with the Joker. That was a creature he never expected to face- something unprecedented. You've gotta up the ante. Having the very logical and grounded Batman face something completely out of his world could make for a really interesting movie.

I understand the desire to see a more "realistic" Batman story; I usually prefer them to the fantasy/sci-fi tales. But we've seen at least two (depending on how you consider the old series as well) grounded Batman films, what's wrong with a curveball?

I don't know; I don't care that much either way, really just playing Devil's Advocate. I just think the concept of Nolan's world getting weirder and more comic-esque with each movie is an intriguing one. I mean, let's face it. Back in the days after Begins, no one here expected to see such a crazy looking Two-Face; most assumed it'd be little more than Harvey with a "Man Without a Face" burn (which would've been god awful). Nolan proved everyone wrong. He's got more imagination and appreciation for comic book-ness than people like to admit.

^ I think it's the superpowers what doesn't actually fit.

It's taking too long, Joker. :joker:

To your first point: Superman without superpowers is boring, erego useless. There are plenty of heroes who have no superpowers. Superman is "super" because of his powers. Hmmm...as I reread that, it sounds like I'm trying to argue with you, but I'm agreeing. Haha

And to your second point: That's what she said.

as if the general audience doesn't assume that all this is in the same universe

I doubt that.

They're waiting for a Sups flyby just as much as the next guy. Will it happen in this film? Prolly not.

Eventually? I'd bet my life on it. And would be thrilled as well.

- Jow

I like to think the mods usually seem to know what they're doing, Generally, if a thread needs closing, it will be closed. To call for a thread's closing just because you disagree with the premise, and insutling people and calling them "crybabies" is outta line. Whether or not "superpowers" should be involved in this franchise is a valid question.
You don't like it, you don't have to participate.
Having said that, I don't think Supers like the Big Blue Boy Scout would fit in Nolan's universe. A small mention like someone reading the Daily Planet or something might be cool. Nothing blatant, just something to suggest the idea of Superman without specifically mentioning him.

i love superman, but im not interested in cheap throw away cameos. but the idea that sueprman cant/doesnt fit in the "nolanverse" is pretty narrow minded.

Screw it, I'd totally be up for a Superman appearance. You only live once; why make comic book films if you're going to hold back?

Because this bat-world works so much better without aliens and super-powers.

Welcome to a World Without Rules[/i].

On the contrary; it was Welcome to the bat-world that [you'll feel] could happen.

Batman was already overwhelmed once, with the Joker. That was a creature he never expected to face- something unprecedented. You've gotta up the ante. Having the very logical and grounded Batman face something completely out of his world could make for a really interesting movie.

The magic of Joker was precisely that he was human. He wasn't unbeatable because he was invulnerable or a mind-reader. He was just another human being, but with such a perspective of things that he was
incomprehensible for the rest.

That's why Batman could use all his rage and strenght on him and he would laugh back at him.

With Superman there's no magic. Of course Batman can't beat him; he can fly and not even an atomic bomb could stop him. Where's the interest in something so obvious?

I understand the desire to see a more "realistic" Batman story; I usually prefer them to the fantasy/sci-fi tales. But we've seen at least two (depending on how you consider the old series as well) grounded Batman films, what's wrong with a curveball?

That is presicely a change.

It's like it's 1994 and someone says "we've had two dark shadowy bat-movies, what's wrong with a little neon and a kid-friendly tone?"

I don't know; I don't care that much either way, really just playing Devil's Advocate. I just think the concept of Nolan's world getting weirder and more comic-esque with each movie is an intriguing one. I mean, let's face it. Back in the days after Begins, no one here expected to see such a crazy looking Two-Face; most assumed it'd be little more than Harvey with a "Man Without a Face" burn (which would've been god awful). Nolan proved everyone wrong. He's got more imagination and appreciation for comic book-ness than people like to admit.

What Nolan poroved is that realism can define great Batman movies. Which rules Superman out.

Hmmm...as I reread that, it sounds like I'm trying to argue with you, but I'm agreeing. Haha

Lol, ok. :D :joker:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if Clark Kent, Hal Jordan, Diana Prince, Wally West, Sh'raya Hall (wearing a long coat for some reason) and John Jones show up for Bruce Wayne's birthday party as long as they don't interfere with Batman's superheroics

Also, I just realized Wally is a forensic scientist
I wonder if Bruce could have sent the bullet hole samples to Wally instead of Fox for him to examine... provided a Flash movie already existed

Wally (phone): I got a lead for you Bruce... Melvin White
Bruce: Think's Wally, that was quite... fast
Wally: Very funny...

meh I don't want to see superman near these films

I was thinking, Even though I think heroes like Supes have no place in Nolan's bat-movies, What would Nolan do if he was hired to do a Superman or other superpowered hero movie? (separate from his Batman universe) The results could be interesting. What do you think he would do with Supes or Flash or Green Lantern ?

... Im guessing he'd make Superman a little more lonely as Clark... I mean he's from a different planet... as for the other 2 I got no clue,,, Id love to see a Green Lantern movie based off the classic Hal Jordan personally....

I dont care for Flash so I can't really say....

I was thinking, Even though I think heroes like Supes have no place in Nolan's bat-movies, What would Nolan do if he was hired to do a Superman or other superpowered hero movie? (separate from his Batman universe) The results could be interesting. What do you think he would do with Supes or Flash or Green Lantern ?

It'd be interesting indeed. But there might be the possibility that he'd say "No, thanks. Don't you have another character I can treat realistically?"

Well, I think Nolan's not as hidebound by the realism angle as much as some fans. I get the impression he only intended it for Batman because amongst most superheroes, Batman is one of the more realistic. I don't think he would turn down Superman or any other super just because they're less realistic than Batman. If he was to turn it down, it's more likely it would simply be because he doesn't want to do another superhero. I would love to see how Nolan would handle a more fantastic character.

You cant just add an immortal, flying alien with superpowers in a crime movie.

Well, I think Nolan's not as hidebound by the realism angle as much as some fans. I get the impression he only intended it for Batman because amongst most superheroes, Batman is one of the more realistic. I don't think he would turn down Superman or any other super just because they're less realistic than Batman. If he was to turn it down, it's more likely it would simply be because he doesn't want to do another superhero. I would love to see how Nolan would handle a more fantastic character.

I don't think he would turn down Superman or any other super just because they're less realistic than Batman. I think he would turn those down simply because aliens, superpowered beings and sci-fi might not be exactly the thing he likes the most to do. And that is why he was okay with doing Batman.

You cant just add an immortal, flying alien with superpowers in a crime movie.

Nolan has already ruled Robin out of his movies. Superman is simply something he hadn't even thought of considering.

Ah, the old Superman cameo in a Nolan-directed Batman movie.

Reminds me of a thread years ago discussing the idea of Bale's Bruce Wayne to just happen to bump into Clark Kent at some point in Batman Begins as a nod to the fans.

Didnt like the idea then ... Or now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"