Superman Returns Superman featured in Magazines

You can't be Superman on an international level.

Retroman said:
COMIC KING Magazine (Malaysia) - # 57 March, 2006

7b1b1sn.jpg

comickingsuperman025xu.jpg

comickingsuperman039ee.jpg

Magazine (Fortnightly , 1 – 15 March 2006) featured “Superman Returns” with 2 pages article + photo.

All images courtesy of citibider - Source: http://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-Returns-Brandon-Routh-Malaysia-Comic-Mag_W0QQitemZ6605922147QQcategoryZ78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostinghttp://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-Return...egoryZ78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This is probably my favorite cover on a magazine. I love that shot of him holding the globe up like that, floating. I want this one.

dark_b said:
i didnt want to open a new thread. i found this pic on the x-men boards.

isnt it funny that the colours look the same as in the first official pic?

TF104.jpg

I think it's funnier the fact that we have yet to see the actual definitive color of the suit. The freaking suit changes color so much, i'm confused. I've even seen this exact toy with the "real" colors if you will, not these ones.

NON-SPORT UPDATE Magazine (USA) - Volume 17 • No. 2 April-May 2006

currentlarge6jk.jpg

Superman Returns! Cooler than Kryptonite, Superman is back! NSU celebrates Superman in our current issue with a cool cover story on the new Topps cards and tattoos, plus a brief history of Superman from comics to movies, television, and even Broadway. Plus, we've checked in with all the card manufacturers for news on their latest releases: Star Trek 40th Anniversary, Family Guy Season Two, Firefly, and three new Harry Potter sets. We also present a history of Fleer and go underground with some great cult card sets. And like every issue of NSU, you'll find reviews of the latest card series in New Card Review, online happenings in our Cards Online column, details on the latest promos in our Promo Cards column, and many more great features and departments

Free promo cards
Superman Returns
P1
(Topps)

Source: http://www.nonsportupdate.com/currentissue.htm

ULTIMATE DVD Magazine (UK) - #74 April, 2006 (On sale now)

d74cover1nl.jpg
d74feat015ja.jpg

Superman Returns
• Finally the fifth Superman is here and ready for touchdown.
We chart the superhero’s protracted journey from his last appearance on the big screen in 1987. We also reveal the latest on a 14-disc box set, plus the numerous screen Supermen battle it out to be the reigning superhero.

Feature: Superman Returns

From Superman IV through battles with producers, polar bears and giant spiders to Bryan Singer’s 2006 epic. Follow the story that finally led to the day when Superman Returns…
So, looking back over 100 years of cinema it’s difficult to find a film that has managed to destroy a movie franchise quite as effectively as Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. Director Richard Donner’s 1978 original Superman: The Movie, was a huge box office hit and brought the Man of Steel to life with an epic story of such grandeur that it is considered to this day to be the high watermark of superhero movie-making.

Superman II, which followed two years later, was a worthy successor, although slightly marred by the in-fighting that saw Donner replaced by Richard Lester (The Three Musketeers) mid-shoot. While Lester’s finished film was less grand in scope than the original, it had enough out-and-out action to satisfy both die-hard Superman fans and the general movie-going public.

Unfortunately, the rot started to set in with Superman III. Co-starring the late Richard Pryor and directed by Lester, this third instalment seemed like little more than a vehicle for the then hugely popular comedian. With the mythic elements that made the first two films such a success sidelined, Superman III suffered at the box office and was savaged by critics.

Its successor, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, was directed by Sidney J Furie (The Ipcress File) on a budget so limited that the project was doomed to disaster from day one. With effects far inferior to the original film, Milton Keynes doubling up for New York and a risible nuclear disarmament story foisted on the project by lead Christopher Reeve, Superman IV died a lonely death at the box office. Although there was talk of making a Superman V at the time, neither the cast and crew or the cinema-going public really had the stomach for it.

Superman’s movie career was well and truly over for the time being, the Last Son of Krypton going out with a sad whimper rather than a bang. However, like many a failed movie star, he soon began turning up on the small screen. The Superboy TV show, a kind of low-rent precursor to Smallville, followed the adventures of a young Clark Kent’s university years. At least, it did until Warner Bros filed a lawsuit against original Superman film producers Ilya and Alexander Salkind over their involvement in the show, claiming that only they had the right to use the characters.

With Superboy yanked from the schedules after its fourth season, Warner Bros went about creating its own Superman TV show. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman starred Desperate Housewives’s Teri Hatcher and B-movie star Dean Cain in the title roles and became a worldwide hit, making stars of the two leads. Although it was cancelled after its fourth season, Lois & Clark let Warner Bros know that the Superman property still had wings, so to speak. While the show was at the height of its popularity the studio brought in producer Jon Peters, who had previously worked on Tim Burton’s Batman and Batman Returns to oversee a fifth Superman feature film.

Warner Bros wanted this new movie to be based on The Death of Superman, a best-selling DC Comics story that had recently caused a worldwide media stir. Published in 1993, the epic tale sees Superman go mano a mano with an unstoppable killing machine named Doomsday in the streets of Metropolis. When the two are seemingly killed in the battle, the world mourns, before four individuals emerge claiming to be the new Superman. Fortunately, all is not as it seems and the real Superman returns to deal with the impostors.

by Chris Prince

Read the full feature in

Ultimate DVD #74

Source: http://www.visimag.com/ultimatedvd/d74_display.htm
http://www.visimag.com/ultimatedvd/d74_feat01.htm

I have to know what do u gain from posting all these scoops Retro?

explode7 said:
Yeah, and being a fan and a little nosy helps too.:)

I'm not on the computer the whole day you know. I do have a life. So don't worry about that.:)

explode7 said:
I have to know what do u gain from posting all these scoops Retro?

Why do you care? Everyone else apprechiates what Retro does. If you dont like it. Then ignore his posts or find a new Forum. If your getting sick & tired of Retros scoop posts then like I said find a new Forum where Retro is not a member. If not there is no point in whining about it as I said most of us here APPRECHIATES WHAT HE DOES

Another Superman Returns Wizard cover.......Nice.

I'm sure this is pissing off a whole lotta haters right about now. :)

i dont know about anyone else, but that definitely has a turquoise twing in it

^Not really seeing turqouise but it definately looks more like the Reeve suit.

anyone notice the comic version of Superman from the other half of that wizard cover has a smaller raised \S/? Is that from the tie-in comics you think??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"