Superman III Superman III - The Official Thread

Alex Logan

Yes, Mr. Smith.
Reaction score
For some strange reason I really wanted to see Superman III again. So I rented it tonight. Pretty corny, but man I love me some evil Superman!

Now I wish we had an evil Superman smilie. :woot:

Superman III is one of my guilty little pleasures. :woot:

I also think that Reeve was in his best shape for that role too. He must have been around 230-235 pounds there.

The Superhero physique is important, to me as a fan anyway, and that was the closest I feel that he got to being in the right kind of shape I would expect for superman.

Some of the villains etc... were cheesy, but overall I think the movie is like the "cult classic" of Superman films.

Although they did not have Luthor as the villain, the other guy (cannot remember his name) was sort of a Corporate villain, and the corporate version of Lex always made more sense to me as a villain than the underground criminal.

Agreed. Reeve also showed that great acting ability that we saw in Superman 1.

:woot:

Even though its the Beggining of the End for the Reeve Superman, this film at least has several OK scenes - like the Smallville stuff and especially the Lana Lang stuff - and has some good action pieces - the freezing lake action bit was cool - and of course has one great scene, and thats the Superman vs. Clark scene.

Other than that, pretty ridiculous movie, and Richard Pryor's worst performance in a movie, ever... But oddly enough, its still OK in parts, so I will say its better than SIV.

Other than that, pretty ridiculous movie, and Richard Pryor's worst performance in a movie, ever...

No, I would say that distinction belongs to his performance in 'Jo-Jo-Dancer', his flop autobiographical movie, that is frickin' awful.
I think he has some great moments in SMIII, when he collects the Tar Kryptonite..'What the hell am i afraid of....I'm from Earth!', standing in the dole queue, his 1st conversation with whatdamacallhimmanfrom Uncleman,...but i cannot stand that scene where he is the army general barking really loud, not funny and annoying, it is almost a work of art on creating the annoying that scene, in fact it is.

But, I agree with the rest of your post, it is not as bad a watch as I always held it to be for many years, I quite enjoy it when I bang on the dvd nowadays, but boy, was I disapointed when I saw that flick in the cinema when it came out, the first two were like Star Wars movies to me, and that third one was like the CannonBall run.

I made a fanedit of this...cut out 90% of Richard Pryor's part and made it a decent movie.

I made a fanedit of this...cut out 90% of Richard Pryor's part and made it a decent movie.

So he's just the random guy working the computer at the end...who dies in the big explosion? :oldrazz::woot:

So he's just the random guy working the computer at the end...who dies in the big explosion? :oldrazz::woot:

Pretty much. It's more about Ross Webster being a corporate crook. It's a serious cut with most of the slapstick three stooges humor thrown out.

I'm also working on combining parts of SIII and SIV into one movie.

While this one isn't my favorite of the four movies by far. I still particularly enjoy the trip back to Smallville, Clark and Lana's interactions, Clark vs. the evil Superman and the computer threat in play.

While this one isn't my favorite of the four movies by far. I still particularly enjoy the trip back to Smallville, Clark and Lana's interactions, Clark vs. the evil Superman and the computer threat in play.

I agree...that's why I have cut most of the other stuff out. It really makes the movie more enjoyable without the cringeworthy attempts at humor.

I'm not gonna lie. I love this movie. It sucks, but I love it.

I always felt 3&even 4 were pretty underrated!,Damn far from greats compared to 1&2,But I agree they BOTH have there moments even with over load of cheese and Pryor(Who I kinda think gets a bit too much hate for this role&performance).

Last edited:
Yeah I love Superman 3, I saw it way back at the age of 7 so the junkyard fight between Clark and Evil Superman was awesome.

Richard Pryor's antics are fun in some places like when he does the hero shirt rip at the end.

Didn't Salkind want to bring in Supergirl for part 3 and WB shot him down?

I never heard anything about that. Since they later greenlit the Supergirl movie, I don't think that really happened.

While I look at Superman(Expanded) Superman II(Donner Cut) and Superman
Returns as a trilogy with Supergirl as a spinoff I still from time to time
Watch Superman III(Have It on DVD) Annette O'Toole was great as Lana and enjoyed the smallville scenes ebtween her and Clark.Christopher Reeve showed In this film He Is defentive Superman.I love the superman VS Clark scene.As guilty pleasure I love Evil Superman with Lorlai.I hope any fanedits keep that In

Didn't Salkind want to bring in Supergirl for part 3 and WB shot him down?

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/superman3/general/script/s3_original_idea.pdf

According to the idea, that the producers brought out at the time. Kara was essentially going to be Brainiac's daughter, fall in love with Superman and fight Brainiac in the end.

Mxyzptlk is involved about mid-way through the second/third act.

Frankly, I'll take what we got. It's not perfect, but it's solid on the Superman front and it's a fun movie.

I just saw this movie for the first time. It wasn't as bad as the reviews make it out to be. Not that it's great, either..........

Slapstick and Superman don't mix so well. But the junkyard fight scene with Evil Superman versus Good Superman was great. In fact, a plot line entirely about Evil Supes and Good Supes would have made for a better movie than the one they made.

While I look at Superman(Expanded) Superman II(Donner Cut) and Superman
Returns as a trilogy with Supergirl as a spinoff I still from time to time
Watch Superman III(Have It on DVD) Annette O'Toole was great as Lana and enjoyed the smallville scenes ebtween her and Clark.Christopher Reeve showed In this film He Is defentive Superman.I love the superman VS Clark scene.As guilty pleasure I love Evil Superman with Lorlai.I hope any fanedits keep that In

That made me go "Well, it was about time, Super-dude! Time to be a normal human."

This movie is so so bad that I never got around to watching the fourth one.

The villian was incredibly boring but Reeve did well enough in his scenes.

Loved the junkyard scene Superman vs Clark. But as a child that robot lady Webster's sister scared me. It was good not great, I don't blame Reeve he did a fine job as Superman. We got to see another shirt rip.

The junkyard scene is awesome. I finally watched Superman 4 and it makes this film seem a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"