World Superman's greatest onscreen battle

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
versus the Kryptonian three in Superman II?

supermaniim265.jpg

Clark versus the corrupted Superman in III?

siiibust.jpg

Superman versus Darksied in the last ever episode of Justice League?

49.jpg

Superman versus Doomsday in the new animated movie?

supermandoomsday2.jpg

All great

But the classic got my vote

Zod, Non & Ursa (Superman II)

What?? No Nuclear Man?!? Oh, the shame of not adding the greatest battle Supes has with that long nails bastard. :D :D

What?? No Nuclear Man?!? Oh, the shame of not adding the greatest battle Supes has with that long nails bastard. :D :D

To be fair, it was a very, very ambitious battle, and if the special effects budget had been what it was supposed to be (i.e. twice as much) it may have been somewhat more effective.

I was just joking on the Nuclear Man thing. I tend to like teasing about that one. ;)

I was just joking on the Nuclear Man thing. I tend to like teasing about that one. ;)

Oh please, tease away, it's one of the most embarassing pieces of film footage ever made. If the early pioneers of the cinemascope had known that one day Superman IV would happen, they would have abandoned it there and then.

Vs Zod, Non & Ursa, I love that battle

Cool poll. I'll be the first to pick an animated brawl. I personally loved his fight against Darkseid in JLU.

"Now I can show you just how powerful I really am..."

Gotta love that.

"Superman"

Then chucks a manhole cover at him

I love that part.

I've got to vote Superman Vs. Darkseid.

*taps Darkseid on the shoulder* "Excuse me." BAM!

I simply love that part. :woot:

wow, you look at onscreen battles with superman and even delve into the animated realm but fail to acknowledge superman systematically taking down captain marvel in the clash...

how utterly dare you...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BvSqqmidM

I HATE that darkseid encounter because superman talks crap in it, He talks about cutting loose and all this trollocks when he's throwing bigger beatdowns to a HERO like captain marvel. Heck, He's even hit lobo harder than that before....

wow, you look at onscreen battles with superman and even delve into the animated realm but fail to acknowledge superman systematically taking down captain marvel in the clash...

how utterly dare you...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BvSqqmidM

I HATE that darkseid encounter because superman talks crap in it, He talks about cutting loose and all this trollocks when he's throwing bigger beatdowns to a HERO like captain marvel. Heck, He's even hit lobo harder than that before....

Ohh yeah that is an epic scene!

As long as animation is in the mix..................................
Let's not forget Superman vs. LuthorCorp's Battle Suit in Superman: Last Son of Krypton, or vs the Mechanical Monsters in the Fleischer cartoon.

I'm still getting over the Cap Marvel v Superman fight.

He hit him in the body with a bank volt.

exactly, superman brought the pain to cap in a malicious way. That manouvre was completely uncalled for and WAAAY over the top. He didn't even do it once or twice but three times for good measure and left a hero conked out.

darkseid and pretty much every other superman foe got off lightly compared to that.

dude destroyed a whole city district in order to take cap down.

exactly, superman brought the pain to cap in a malicious way. That manouvre was completely uncalled for and WAAAY over the top. He didn't even do it once or twice but three times for good measure and left a hero conked out.

darkseid and pretty much every other superman foe got off lightly compared to that.

dude destroyed a whole city district in order to take cap down.

Absolute truth there. The JLA series was never consistent with it's heroes powers but at least we did get moments like that - and the Flash v Brainiac battle!

I do like what they did with JLU which made flash seem more like he was always trying to get to grips with his power levels and not push himself that far. He really came into his own when luthor stole his body and what not.

it's a shame with so many central characters, flash and the martian generally took a back seat to everything else but i guess they used his young and comic nature to play as the heart of the team and his influence is seen in the justice lords when he isn't there.

Alas, if I was going to do that braniac punch, I would have first had supes throw him in one direction and run in the other...they'd both meet half way across the world near the sahara desert and supes would give him a nuke emitting dragon punch sending him into the stratosphere (causing all the sand to turn into glass). the site of darksied flying through the atmosphere makes everyone stop in awe. darkseid is punched and hits the moon, causing a massive crater in it. He then struggles to get back up to his feet and jumps back into orbit (poosibly landing on supes) to carry on with the fight.

I do like what they did with JLU which made flash seem more like he was always trying to get to grips with his power levels and not push himself that far. He really came into his own when luthor stole his body and what not.

it's a shame with so many central characters, flash and the martian generally took a back seat to everything else but i guess they used his young and comic nature to play as the heart of the team and his influence is seen in the justice lords when he isn't there.

Alas, if I was going to do that braniac punch, I would have first had supes throw him in one direction and run in the other...they'd both meet half way across the world near the sahara desert and supes would give him a nuke emitting dragon punch sending him into the stratosphere (causing all the sand to turn into glass). the site of darksied flying through the atmosphere makes everyone stop in awe. darkseid is punched and hits the moon, causing a massive crater in it. He then struggles to get back up to his feet and jumps back into orbit (poosibly landing on supes) to carry on with the fight.

That would be cool

It felt like a con too when Superman talks his big game and then knock Darkseid through a few buildings then smashes him to the ground only to get caught by a pain net then saved by Lex? I mean cope out or what.

what was funny was how darkseid was unphased by it all. Supes brought out the big guns and it didn't even knock him out.

what was funny was how darkseid was unphased by it all. Supes brought out the big guns and it didn't even knock him out.

I know :(

But then the episode with Mongul - For the man who has everything.

He knocks the crap out of him. Supes goes ape ****!

Moguls face is crushed in the last few minutes there :)

yeah, he probably lets loose far more on mongul than he does on darkseid...

again, inconsistencies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"