"Survival of the Fittest" Discussion Thread

PJBoy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Talk about the first episode here:

Synopsis:

"Summer is over for Peter Parker and school's ready to start -- both literally (it's his junior year of high school), and in the real world of crime-fighting -- as Spider-Man faces his first real challenge (The Enforcers) and his first real super-villain (Vulture)."

Robert Englund from A Nightmare on Elm Street provides the voice of the Vulture. Englund recently provided the voice of Riddler in The Batman.

"Survival of the Fittest" was written by Greg Weisman and directed by Victor Cook.

I'll flip out if we get a Goblin vs Vulture episode! :wow:

I really think this episode is going to be fantastic. With not only the Vultrue in the first episode, but The Enforcers, Norman Osborn, and Dr. Otto Octavius will amke an appearance! That's just great right there. Also, the clip from the first episode left me begging for more, more, more, and that is a really good result. :up:

looking forward to this episode. I'll be home for spring break!

I'm looking forward to this, especially since Greg's writing the first episode.

I wonder if were gonna see Norman's Goblin's Lair.

Didn't the 90s cartoon have an episode with a very similiar plot to this, the Toomes after Norman thing?

From what I hear you guys are hyped WAYYYY too much. I think putting ALL these villains in one season is not a good idea.Lets judge episode when we SEE it.

They are not throwing everyone into one season, I'm sure that a lot of villains are being saved for the second season also.

They threw more into the first season of the crappy 90s show.

^ Yep, Villains such as Morbius, etc.

By the way, the 1990's Spider-Man animated series is the best Spidey animated series so far.

Didn't the 90s cartoon have an episode with a very similiar plot to this, the Toomes after Norman thing?

Episode #26 - Shriek of the Vulture
While CEO Adrian Toomes is absorbed in regaining his youth, Norman Osborn is engineering a hostile takeover of Toomes Aeronautical. Toomes vows revenge and takes to the air as the Vulture, armed with youth-absorbing talons that temporarily make him young. Meanwhile, on campus, Peter arrives to see Mary Jane in Faust where Harry Osborn is snatched out of the audience by the Vulture. Spidey rescues Harry, but the Vulture escapes. Later, as Toomes' talons grip Spider-Man's shoulders, Spidey's strength and vitality fade while the Vulture revels in newfound youth and super strength. To make his victory complete, Toomes begins to rip off Spidey's mask...

Episode #27 - The Final Nightmare
The shocking conclusion to the "Neogenic Nightmare" storyline!! Spider-Man seeks Curt Connors aid to help reverse the aging effects of the Vulture's talons. The Vulture meanwhile sporadically turns into the man-spider from the mutagenics he absorbed with Spidey's youth. At the same time, the Scorpion grabs Dr. Farley Stillwell to seek a cure for his own mutation. With Doc Connors caught in the middle, feeling the onset of his own his reptilian transformation, will everyone be cured in time for Peter to meet up with Mary Jane as she confronts her wayward father?

http://marvel.toonzone.net/spideytas/epguide.htm

promo1.jpg

A promotional pic from Survival of The Fittest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"