Hype Survivor SURVIVOR XXVI: THE NEW CHALLENGERS -Day 2: SHOCK AND AWE

Hey guys, all judges have all submissions. Now we play the waiting game............the waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!

*while we wait*
Beer pong Tournament at the New Challengers camp :up:

So that's how the password got leaked! :wow:

The good news is, all the results are in! We had damn good judges for this challenge! Special thanks to Andthepickles, Hunter Rider, and Hippie_hunter for taking on this task! And bravo to Bella for picking such great judges!

The downside...I'm not posting the results tonight. This is Bella's first ever challenge and she should post them. If she isn't around by tomorrow afternoon, I'll assume she is gone for the weekend and post, but I'd like to let her enjoy the privledge of declaring a winner of her first challenge ever as a Hype Survivor host.

Speaking of that...she did a great job, didn't she? Let's give her a round of applause as well! :applaud

sorry to be the bearer of bad news matt but Dbella outdid you :o

:hehe:

The SCORES are IN!!!

I realize that most of you are sleeping right now and getting that much needed rest after a tough week (for some... ahem!). I find Day 2 to be quite interesting with the "Intruder" fiasco and the anger and paranoia that resulted from it. That made my day! Not as much as it made Matt's day but he's always been the evil one.

Before I post the scores, I'd like to take this opportunity to congrulate myself on my first hosting gig. I did well for a Survivor host-virgin. *anyone who disagrees... just you wait 'til my next Challenge! :cmad:* It feels good to finally pop that cherry. *pats self on back*

Also... (O keep your pants on, this is as much my day/night as it is yours! Ugh, impatient people!) I want to say THANK YOU to our guest judges who've been so kind as to spare their time to assist me. They are:

1) Our very own Hype!'s IT GIRL... the very lovely Ms. AndThePickles

2) Hype!'s Favorite Mod, Hype's IT BOY and Poster of the Year for some forum I hardly venture into ('coz Community is THE best!)... our very own Hunter Rider

3) Last but not least, the smart, funny, handsome and underappreciated poster/mod... hippie_hunter

One more person to thank: Matt

If it weren't for Matt, I wouldn't be doing this. Thanks for being an awesome mentor and teacher, Matthew. Your assistance is very much appreciated. :heart:

Okay... here's what you've been waiting for.

Let's start with the n00bs:

TASK 1: Creation of a tribe flag

The NEW Challengers Tribe Flag

rightbeforglowcenter.png

From Judge #1:

Flag:

Creativity _5_/10
The logo was very creative, but the rest of the flag was pretty bland.

Originality _9_/10
I LOVE how you took the classic skull and crossbones logo and made it your own.

Inspirational Factor _3_/5

TEDDY! It was nice that you all used one of your team members as your inspiration The Sham-wow thread reference seems pretty random, but at least it's representative of the community? haha

Intimidation Factor _2_/5

More humorous than intimidating, sorry

Total: _19__/30

From Judge #2:

THE FLAG:

Creativity - 9 points, it's a great example of taking a classic logo and reworking it to fit your leader, i only docked a point for the starred out ass and the fact it was in a 3rd colour.

Originality - 6 points, while cool and unusual to make a Teddy bear look mean, it is basically the pirate flag.

Inspirational Factor - 5 points, who wouldn't pull together under that image ? it's a symbol you can respect.

Intimidation Factor - 5 points, It's a classic symbol of fear reworked with a menacing cutlass wielding Teddy bear.

Total: 25/30

From Judge #3:

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the New Challengers for not only taking the time for making an audio for their chant/song, but also for submitting it early. So for that, you guys already get 10 bonus points!!!

ELMOHURRAYFORYOU.jpg

Now let's get to the judging!

The Flag

I'll start off with what I do like. Your guys' motto: "We'll Sham-WOW Your A**!" I don't know why, but I really am finding myself to like the word sham-wow. For that I'll be giving 5 points to both creativity and originality. It also gives off a sense of intimidation, so I'll be adding 2 points on the intimidation factor there.

Now here's where I'm going to be a little harsh on you guys. Kudos to you for following the rules and all by including the team name and motto, and for coming up with a pretty kick ass motto; but the design for the flag is soooo....utterly bland.

I seem to recall DBella presenting this challenge to you guys using a pirate flag as an example and what do you guys do, using the Jolly freaking Roger. How utterly unoriginal since the design has already been used before and DBella mentioned it. 0 points for originality there. I'll give 2 points for creativity however for turning the skull into a teddy skull. As for intimidation, just what makes you think that TEDDY is intimidating. TEDDY !!! This is a guy with a teddy bear theme. The other team isn't going to be scared of that! And since the Jolly Roger has been used so much, it really has lost a lot of its steam. However, for tradition sakes on what the Jolly Roger used to stand for, I'll give 1 point for intimidation.

Now the final part, inspiration. Well, I guess you people find TEDDY inspirational. I don't know why, but whatever floats your boat. Also, you guys can get around it with all of your teammates names on it. I give 5 points for inspiration!

Flag Total

Creativity - 7 points (out of 10)

Originality - 5 points (out of 10)

Inspirational Factor - 5 points (out of 5)

Intimidation Factor - 3 points (out of 5)

Total Points - 20 points (out of 30)

Your total for the Flag is:
64/90

TASK 2: Creation of a tribe song/chant (lyrics and audio submission BOTH included)

LYRICS - The NEW Challengers tribe song/chant

We fight like boxers, we spy like James
Everyone has an alliance in this game
If you mess with us, we’ll make you all pay
New Challengers, we own this game

Star, Marx and TEDDY, The Squirrel and SuBe
Spider-Man Luvr, NewYorkSpider
Bnightwing, Louiebling
Nirvana, Scarlet Spider, and Silverstein

That’s who’s going to win today
Underestimating noobs is a big mistake
New Challengers are winners, we own this game
Bona Fide Hypsters, claiming the fame

Sometimes wanna quit this game
Every time we want to, TEDDY fills with rage
New Challengers are winners, we own this game
Bona Fide hypsters, claiming the fame

AUDIO of The NEW Challengers tribe song/chant

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55381603199285bd/

Judge #1

Chant/Song:

Creativity _8_/10

You guys really bumped up the creative-level for your song. The lyrics were already funny, but adding the audio bumped it up to being more amusing.

Originality _6_/10

It may have been rhythmically written around MIA's song, but you still kept it original.

Inspirational Factor _4_/5

Surprising choice of audio inspiration, but it really worked well.

Intimidation Factor _5_/5

Reeked of confidence!

Total: _23__/30

Grand total = _43_/60

Judge #2:

THE SONG/CHANT:

Creativity - 8 points, while it uses a sample of 'Paper Airplanes' the lyrics are well worked into the rythym and while not always flowing they get across the point well.

Originality - 7 points, rapping over a popular track is not wholly original but the lyrics and delivery give it it's own identity.

Inspirational factor - 5 points, sultry rappoing female with attitude, who wouldn't rally behind that ?

Intimidation factor - 5 points, a woman with edge rapping a confident and self assured game with attitude should do the trick in making people know they are in for a challenge.

Total: 25/30

Judge #3:

Hmmm....very nice here. I'm impressed that you guys have come up with a full song here for your chant.

I'm giving you guys full points for both creativity and originality for these lyrics and managing to fit them within that song.

Now lets take a look at the other factors that I have to judge here.

"We fight like boxers." You know who else is a boxer? This guy:

teeth-mike-tyson-400a071807.jpg

He also bites peoples' ears off. That's pretty damn scary.

"We spy like James" You mean this guy?

SeanConnery007.jpg

I sure don't want to go up against this badass. And if you guys spy like him, well, I'd be pretty damn intimidated.

You guys also tell us that you n00bs are not to be underestimated or ****ed with. Good way of getting the point across.

However, there is one thing that really isn't intimidating and that's the beat of the song. It's too upbeat. There's nothing intimidating about it.

However, you guys do try to make a guy with a teddy bear theme come off as intimidating...

I'm going to give you guys 4 points for the intimidation factor.

And hell, you guys deserve to be inspired by this theme song. It's well done. It gives you all credit. And the lyrics are intimidating. I give a 5 for it.

Chant Total
Creativity - 10 points (out of 10)
Originality - 10 points (out of 10)
Intimidation Factor - 4 points (out of 5)

Total Points - 29 (out of 30)

Total for Chant/Song:
77/90

Total for Flag and Chant/Song and Bonus Points (Early Submission +5, Audio +5):

64 + 77 +10 = 151/180

Now on to The World Warriors...

Last edited:
And now... it's judgment time for THE WORLD WARRIORS!

Team Flag

teamflag3copyhm5.png

Team Motto

Hac Signum, Nos Vadum Victum
"In This Sign, We Shall Conquer"

Judge #1

Flag:

Creativity _10_/10

Wow, really impressive flag. Creative graphics, motto, and logo!

Originality _9_/10

Definitely original. I would not have expected a latin motto, either.

Inspirational Factor _4_/5

I'm not sure what the inspiration behind the skull with wings...it reminds me of a tribe of bikers. But I absolutely love the inclusion of the classic survivor logo placed on the forehead!

Intimidation Factor _4_/5

I don't know about the other team, but I'm intimidated! It must be those burning eyes.

Total: _27__/30

Judge #2:

FLAG:

Creativity - 10 points, the central image is stunning and detailed and the writings is well placed.

Originality - 10 points, the placement of the island in the brain is a nice touch and the Illuminati style writing is very cool.

Inspiration - 5 points, If you are going to battle under that flag I reckon you'd be pretty much ready for anything.

Intimidation - 5 points, the central image is grinningly satanic and the deep blood red sunset style shading of the group name is foreboding.

Total: 30/30

Judge #3

hippie_hunter said:
hippie_hunter said:
Hello World Warriors, honorable Judge Hippie Hunter here and I'm here to grade your guys' performance.

First off, I'm going to condemn you guys for not making the early submission like the New Challengers did. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves by not showing the dedication that they do. You guys are the experienced ones here. You guys are the ones who should be making the early submission. You guys are the ones who should be putting the New Challengers to freaking shame here.

epic_fail.jpg

But, you guys do get 5 bonus points for making an audio.

Alright now, lets get on to the judging!

Wow....just wow. Everything about this flag is just so perfect. It's creative. It's original. It's inspiring. It's intimidating.

It follows the requirements and it has an excellent usage of combining both the Survivor and Street Fighter themes. I'm giving you guys full points for creativity and originality here.

What you guys have done is create a symbol for yourselves, allowing yourselves to get inspired. So for that, I'm giving you full points for inspiration.

And you know what, with the motto of how you're going to conquer this game and the symbol you have created, it's pretty damn intimidating. If I were a Survivor contestant and saw this flag, I'd be going "Oh ****! It's the World Warriors!!!" I'd both crap and piss my pants. Full points for intimidation.

Congratulations guys, you're off to a great start. You got a perfect score for this excellent piece of work!

Flag Total

Creativity - 10 points (out of 10)

Originality - 10 points (out of 10)

Intimidation Factor - 5 points (out of 5)

Total Points - 30 points (out of 30)
hippie_hunter said:
Total for Flag:

87/90

Audio

http://www.zshare.net/download/5548354602b692ae/

Warrior Song

We are the World Warriors
And we're ready to show it.
We're going to beat you all
You challengers know it.

All hail the vets
With past Survivor winners,
A cutthroat team
Of fighters and sinners.

You better watch out...
The World Warriors wanna fight...
You better leave now...
The World Warriors will win tonight!!!

We are the World Warriors
And we're ready to play
Lie, cheat, steal, and kill (if we want emphasis on this perhaps the line could be Lie! Cheat! Steal! Kill!)
is the Shadaloo way

Do you dare join us
As we stand up and shout,
"Come up against us
And we're voting you out!"?

You better watch out...
You better leave now...

Beware our trickery!
We have no fear.
We have cunning and bravery.
What the hell are the wimpy Challengers doing here?

Immunity is our goal and our prize,
Get in our way and we'll attack.
Do you want a kick, punch, stab,
Or a cold blade in your back!?

You better watch out...
You better leave now...

Judge #1:

Chant/Song:

Creativity _9_/10

Very creative...and well-put together as well, which enhanced the creativity! I like that you used a rhyme scheme throughout the chant.

Originality _10_/10

What can I say? Very original.

Inspirational Factor _3_/5

Not sure what the inspiration was, but it reminded me of any classic "intimidation" chant.

Intimidation Factor _2_/5

Unfortunately, your audio killed the intimidation factor, for me. The chant itself was quite intimidating, but what was up with that Mickey Mouse-ish audio?!

Total: _24__/30

Judge #2:

CHANT:

Creativity - 7 points, it rhymes and uses the themes of survivor well.

Originality - 9 points, no original music but also no musical sample and not delivered in the rhythm of any chant ive heard before.

Inspiration - 5 points, the words are aggressive and the pace of the chant should fire up the team.

Intimidation - 3 points, As I said the words are aggressive but the delivery sounds a bit like a psychotic Millhouse.

Total: 24/30

Judge #3:

hippie_hunter said:
Ughh. Just ughh. What the hell happened here guys? You were off to such a great start that made up for your laziness of not making the early submission like the New Challengers did.

This...this is just freaking horrible. There's no way you're going to intimidate anyone with this piece of garbage. If anything, you're going to inspire them to kick your guys' ass for making them listen to this load of crap!

And there's no way you can get inspired by it. If I were a part of your team, I'd be downright embarassed by it.

You guys are going to get absolutely no points at all for intimidation or inspiration.

Not counting the audio, the lyrics are pretty bad as well. It makes you guys look like a bunch of wanksters. It makes you guys look like this:

GeorgeBush.jpg

And trust me, there's nothing more embarassing than a wankster.

And then there's the audio. It's like what Matt said in the thread, it's loud. It's annoying. It sounds like a mentally handicapped person sang it. And to tell you the truth, it kinda pisses me off. If I had it my way, instead of giving you guys 5 bonus points, I'd take away 5 points! I absolutely can't stand it. If I had it my way, I'd throw all of you off the island for having me listen to this.

For ripping off horrid ghetto rap music for lyrics, I'm giving you guys 3 points for originality, but you at least came up with something. And because someone had to have put in some effort into this, I'm giving you 3 points for creativity.

Chant Total

Creativity - 3 points (out of 10)

Originality - 3 points (out of 10)

Inspirational Factor - 0 points (out of 5)

Intimidation Factor - 0 points (out of 5)

Total Points - 6 points (out of 30)

Seriously, I never thought I'd have to use an Epic Fail image twice in one post. May God have mercy on your souls

081.jpg

Total for Chant/Song:

54/90

Your Grand Total, plus bonus for audio is...

87+54+5 = 146/180

And the WINNER for DAY 2 CHALLENGE is...

THE NEW CHALLENGERs!!! OMG! The totals for Flag and Chant/Song for both team are totally indentical!! If only TWW had submitted their work a day earlier like TNC did, it'd be a TIE!!

Your hard work really paid off, TNC! While you're busting your collective asses to get your work turned in early for the extra 5 points, TWW was busy playing card and boozing. :o

CONGRATULATIONS The New Challengers, once again you are the winner and will be spared of Tribal Council. YAY!!

This has been SOOOOO much fun for me. Thank you each and every one of you, the brave Fighters of Survivor XXIV!!

Now Matt will take over for the next step and you know what that is... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"