'Swamp Thing' Dick Durock Passes Away At 72

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
Dick Durock, best known for his role in two live-action movies based on DC Comics' Swamp Thing character, died recently after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 72.

Durock, a journeyman actor and stuntman, appeared in more than 700 films and television shows, such as the original Star Trek series, The A-Team and The Incredible Hulk series. In addition to playing Dr. Alec Holland's mutated self in 1982's Swamp Thing and 1989's The Return of Swamp Thing, Durock also played the character in the early 1990s TV series, which ran on USA Network for 71 episodes.

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=189&itemid=15891

:csad:

I didn't think he was that old.:wow:

umm this was posted a few weeks back if i recall.

IMDB lists his Date of Death as 9/17/09. This is the first I'm hearing of it.

RIP "Frye's Creature"

s40011.jpg

delfrye.jpg

Sad news. I was a fan. He was a stuntman who could act. He did really good as Swamp Thing. And being a Doc Savage fan, I have to mention that he was in the Doc Savage movie.

Rest in peace

Hollywood is just getting swamped by the deaths of all of these great people. It's terrible. Rest in Peace Mr. Durock.

i know this year along had alot of big known stars go.

There's an old myth that the great ones all go in threes. So, who are the next 2

hmm he died back in sept so i believe there was a few other known deaths around that time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"