Swamp Thing James Wan is bringing Swamp Thing to DC's streaming service!

I nearly picked up the DVD of the series the other day. Is it that good? Does it end on an unresolved cliffhanger? (I've never seen it)

I nearly picked up the DVD of the series the other day. Is it that good? Does it end on an unresolved cliffhanger? (I've never seen it)

The very end is more of a cliffhanger than anything, but its a post credits scene anyways. I really enjoyed this series overall, but it kind of went off the rails in the second half IMO. I definitely think its still worth checking out though, especially for those first couple of episodes. It's a pretty solid show.

The very end is more of a cliffhanger than anything, but its a post credits scene anyways. I really enjoyed this series overall, but it kind of went off the rails in the second half IMO. I definitely think its still worth checking out though, especially for those first couple of episodes. It's a pretty solid show.
Thanks man :up:

Okay, I'm late to the party and finished the series about a month or so ago after finishing the Blu-Ray. For my money, probably one of the most atmospheric comic book shows I've ever seen with a very commanding tone that's maintained throughout.

Am all aboard on the Save Swamp Thing train, even if we never get any follow-up, but having said that, with it premiering tomorrow, I am very curious to see how this fares on the CW because of the violence and language. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think this might have just as many if not more F-bombs than Doom Patrol.

Pretty good numbers. I watched it and the editing around the more violence stuff, plus the muting of swears/blurs over the mouths is distracting. Had I not watched the uncensored version, I probably wouldn't be complaining. Putting that aside, the production values still remain high and I hope that if this proves to be a hit that it could potentially be brought back on HBO Max.

I know, wishful thinking, but I can hope. But yeah, I watched wondering what they'd do about the gore and swearing. At the very least, I can accept muting the swears, similar to Preacher's first season, instead of a bleep because that would just be distracting. Still, again, I do hope that this gets the attention of those who missed the series. It's anecdotal, but saw a few comments on Twitter noting how high the production values were. Perhaps they were unaware that this was originally on a streaming service.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record when talking about the censorship, but it's hard to ignore when you've seen the original. When we didn't see Alec rip that guy apart in the second episode because the scene suddenly cut back to Alec, it felt like I was watching an early episode of the Ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z.

I loved the series. It was my second favorite DC Universe series behind Stargirl. I liked it loads better than Titans or Doom Patrol. The acting was superb, the plot was tight and it was an interesting and tense show. It didn’t end in a cliffhanger, as all of the threads get wrapped up, but there was a post credit scene that sets up a very tantalizing scenario for a second season. Unfortunately that most likely will never come to be.

I loved the series. It was my second favorite DC Universe series behind Stargirl. I liked it loads better than Titans or Doom Patrol. The acting was superb, the plot was tight and it was an interesting and tense show. It didn’t end in a cliffhanger, as all of the threads get wrapped up, but there was a post credit scene that sets up a very tantalizing scenario for a second season. Unfortunately that most likely will never come to be.
Thanks BBG :up:

As much as I hate how much the CW has completely butchered this show it would be so worth it if it ended up getting renewed, because of it. That would easily be the best thing to come out of this IMO, but it should definitely be brought back on HBO Max first before being edited down for the CW later.

As much as I hate how much the CW has completely butchered this show it would be so worth it if it ended up getting renewed, because of it. That would easily be the best thing to come out of this IMO, but it should definitely be brought back on HBO Max first before being edited down for the CW later.
I just don't see there being a chance in hell of that happening. But I'd love to be wrong.

The CW Boss Mark Pedowitz On New Season, Summer & Fall 2021 Plans – Deadline

Elsewhere, Pedowitz revealed that Swamp Thingis unlikely to return to The CW but hinted that the DC Comics character may have a small chance of returning to the network in another form. The series, which stars Derek Mears as the eponymous creature who fights malevolent forces in Louisana with the help of a doctor, originally launched on DC Universe before premiering on The CW in October.

Pedowitz said that the show performed well digitally for The CW Seed and was happy that it aired it, but that would like to focus on shows such as Wonder Girl, Naomi or Painkiller “if we want to go in that direction”. “It’d be interesting to have Swamp Thing on Legends of Tomorrow, that would be a fun way to do it, but I’m not sure that would happen,”

Damn and here I was hoping for good news about a possible Season 2. I definitely don't want to see this character get butchered any further on the other CW shows and honestly if you can't bring it back the right way by putting it on HBO Max or something than its probably for the best that they don't do it at all.

Man I completely forgot about that J.J. Abrams produced JL Dark show, but that would actually be perfect for the return of Swamp Thing. Even if it takes another 2 to 3 years for it to come out I would rather them do that then putting him on Legends which Im sure will be cancelled way before then anyways.

I'd accept an episode of Legends of Tomorrow with the Swamp Thing character, especially the ties with Constantine, but no, I wouldn't want the character as part of the crew. I can't think of anything worse.

As long as Constantine was heavily involved, I'd be open to seeing him elsewhere. Only under those circumstances. Plus, John did mention that he knows a Swamp Thing. Still, best to have him in an environment where he'd best thrive, even if that means waiting for that Justice League Dark show. Whenever that happens, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"