Comics Sweet Deals on Spidey Back Issues

Spidey_87

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi, I am relatively new here, but I have been reading Spidey comics for about 15 years. I mostly hunt down back issues, because I don't like direction of titles like "Amazing" because of JMS-his Totem arc and the Sins Past issues really bothered me, thank goodness he is leaving the series so I can start reading the core title again.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in older issues, there is a place in Denver called Mile High Comics that has great deals on anything in Spidey's past. For example, I ordered ASM 31 (first appearance of Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacey) for under $100, and ASM 40 (Norman Osborn revealed to be Green Goblin) for a little over $100. Both these comics were in really fine/near mint-mint condition. I have done business with these guys in the past, and shipping usually doesn't cost that much at all. I recommend them to anyone who is interested.

I use them on occasion.

To be honest; i find them a bit pricey on Silver Age stuff...but they almost always have great sales on 80's and 90's issues.

Yeah, they sometimes do have pricey issues from the Lee/Ditko and early Lee/Romita years. There is another comics shop I do business with in Hampton, Virginia, called Atomic Comics Emporium. About 6 months ago, I found ASM 122 ("Death" of Norman Osborn) and ASM 42 (first full Mary Jane) for almost $200. The guy at the checkout also threw in a few freebies. I really like this store because it is only a few hours away from campus. Unfortunately, they don't do internet orders.

Aloha,
Welcome to the hype. I have used Mile High for many years. The best way to deal with them is to get on their internet mailing list. They have codeword specials very often. They also have a pretty good subscription service to current issues. They pack very well.Go to Mile High and then go to ebay-shop and compare.
Spidey rules

New comics come out on Wednesdays now, right? Like I said earlier, I hardly ever by new comics anymore. I recently started reading "Freindly Neighborhood" because I heard Peter David was writing it. I have a ton of older Spidey titles, mostly "Amazing" and "Spectacular" from the '70s, 80's, and early '90s. I hope the state of Spider-Man changes soon-seeing him unmasked in that Civil War issue really went against the 40 plus years of the character.

oh man. i went to atomic comics yesterday (local chain in phx area)

they had ASM 1. i actually saw it. with my own two eyes. in a glass case, 20,000 smackaroos.

I have actually held both ASM 1 and Amazing Fantasy 15 in my hands before at the Atomic Comics in Hampton, Virginia. Both of these issues were a combined $50,000. I would love to own both, but unless I win the lotto or invent some kind of super product, I will just have to settle for owning very few issues from the Lee/Ditko era.

Whenever I shop I compare prices between Mile High an' Lonestar. More often than not, Lonestar ends up with the better deals.

Mile High does often have great sales on though.
Recently they had most of Spider-man(1990) for a dollar each.

Just bought Mary Jane's first full appearance in ASM 42. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"