Taron Egerton as Elton John in "Rocketman"

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
"The Dark Knight Rises" villain Tom Hardy is being considered for the role of Sir Elton John in the icon's upcoming biopic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57586955/tom-hardy-to-play-elton-john/

Wha....?

My (confused, swirling) thoughts:

1) Hardy looks nothing like Elton John (and is far more handsome than Elton's ever been).

2) While the greater part of me is "oh dear God, no, why??", I admit a small part of me does have a perverse desire to see Hardy decked out in a full-blown Elton outfit, just to see the looks on the faces of people who know him only from stuff like Warrior or Bane.

This is still one of the weirdest things I've heard for a while though.

Please let him do this one.

tumblr_lz1tbbpxQ81qfz96lo1_r1_400.jpg

I think Tom Hardy could pull off a young Sir Elton.

Of course, seeing Tom play Elton in a movie might move my crush on this actor into dangerously obsessive territory. :(

If I look at a younger picture of Elton John, I would say there is plenty of passing resemblance for him to be considered. I also don't think its that weird.

I think Tom Hardy could pull off a young Sir Elton.

Of course, seeing Tom play Elton in a movie might move my crush on this actor into dangerously obsessive territory. :(

Oh don't worry, he's my current celebrity crush. I rotate among people at random. I don't choose it, it just happens.

Oh don't worry, he's my current celebrity crush. I rotate among people at random. I don't choose it, it just happens.

You just don't get how this is going to affect me, man. When I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy I already had to stop myself from running to the front of the theatre to make out with the movie screen. Seeing Tom as Elton John might push me over the edge.

I'm talking about hiding in trees outside his house wearing nothing but a Bane mask and playing "O Sole Mio" on a keytar.

Hey, Hardy wasn't adverse to some man-lovin' at least in his younger days, so who knows? You might have a shot.

I'll just leave this here for you:

tumblr_lnlmliC06A1qd9vcjo1_500.gif

I thought Elton really wanted Justin Timberlake for the role.

*shrugs*

I don't know. I was surprised by how Timberlake was the spitting image of a young Elton in that SNL skit he did though.

Hey, Hardy wasn't adverse to some man-lovin' at least in his younger days, so who knows? You might have a shot.

Sadly, even though he might be bisexual, he still has standards. :(

He'll have to go through a physical transformation similar to when Charlize played Aileen Wuornos. :o

He'll have to go through a physical transformation similar to when Charlize played Aileen Wuornos. :o
In what way? If you're talking about weight, young Elton John was pretty slim.

I'm more talking about going from attractive to..... less attractive.

I don't know, Tinker Tailor was set in the 70s and Hardy was pretty smoking in that.

Looks wise I would say no but Hardy has the chops to pull it off, I guess we'll see.

They don't even give a **** about looks anymore. Makeup handles the rest, they just want someone that can pull off the mannerisms.

Looks like this is coming together. FilmDistrict paid a hefty $10M sum to secure the rights for the film, as well as agreeing to pony up for a wide U.S. release and P&A campaign.

TOLDJA has the details. I ain't linking to Finke anymore.

Looks like this is coming together. FilmDistrict paid a hefty $10M sum to secure the rights for the film, as well as agreeing to pony up for a wide U.S. release and P&A campaign.

TOLDJA has the details. I ain't linking to Finke anymore.

Horrible as she may be, the bitter old ***** knows how to get to the bottom of things.

I wonder if this film is going to end with a Channing Tatum cameo...

Not sure if they will go further into Elton's life, but Jason Jones (from The Daily Show) would make a convincing David Furnish.

Carey Mulligan could play Kiki, but if they want someone cheaper Lauren Cohan would be a good choice (assuming she can passably sing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"