10 Most Awkward Casting Changes in Film Franchise History (not limited to comic book)

Sticky Fingers replacing Wesley Snipes as Blade in the TV Series.

i dont think movies to TV should count...did anyone think Wesley was gonna be in the TV series????

i dont think movies to TV should count...did anyone think Wesley was gonna be in the TV series????

Looking at Wesley's career at the present moment (post-Blade Trinity) (i.e. stuck in direct-to-DVD hell to go along with his recent tax problems), I wouldn't be surprised.

I forgot about Don Cheadle replacing Howard. Not sure if i'll be affected by that.

I forgot about Don Cheadle replacing Howard. Not sure if i'll be affected by that.

Looking at Wesley's career at the present moment (post-Blade Trinity) (i.e. stuck in direct-to-DVD hell to go along with his recent tax problems), I wouldn't be surprised.

at the moment the tv show was announced Wesley was dodging the IRS in Africa

No but it was still a horrible switch. Wesley made Blade his own, he transformed him from B character into a badass character.

No but it was still a horrible switch. Wesley made Blade his own, he transformed him from B character into a badass character.

If anything, Wesley Snipes made people more aware of the Blade character. I first heard of Blade on the 1990s Spider-Man animated series (which predated the live-action movies by a few years). The movies however, took what Spider-Man did as a rough draft (the series first introduced Blade's mentor/partner Whistler, that Kris Kristofferson later played in the movies) and refined it.

If anything, Wesley Snipes made people more aware of the Blade character. I first heard of Blade on the 1990s Spider-Man animated series (which predated the live-action movies by a few years). The movies however, took what Spider-Man did as a rough draft (the series first introduced Blade's mentor/partner Whistler, that Kris Kristofferson later played in the movies) and refined it.

um Blade was an actual comic book character along with Whistler...they appeared way before Spiderman the animated series

Maria Bello taking over for Rachel Weisz in The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor. If they had to re-cast, so be it, but they could've done better.

what really makes me mad about that is they could have just kept eve out of the movie like ardeth bay was she was an egyptologist so her being in egypt while they were in china would have taken 3 minutes to explain.

um Blade was an actual comic book character along with Whistler...they appeared way before Spiderman the animated series

What I meant to say was that my first exposure to Blade was through the Spider-Man animated series (what gave you the impression that I said that he was created by the series). I always heard that the Whistler character was first introduced on that particular series.

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but Tank was NOT recast in the Matrix sequels. He died after the first one, and the character that there's a picture of in the op is Tanks sisters boyfriend.

Oh, and Whistler was created for the Spider-Man animated series. In fact, I'm fairly certain he's never even appeared in a comic book, even post Blade-movies.

The ones I feel strongest about are Hayden Christensen and George Clooney. George Hamilton in Godfather 3 instead of Robert Duvall annoys me no end but at least it wasn't a recast.

I strongly disagree about Gambon, I thoroughly enjoy his performances as Dumbledore.

Yeah, I think it's a credit to the writers and director that even with an awkward looking John Connor and a barely pumped up Schwarzenegger, it was still a fun movie to watch.

wow, i could not disagree harder.

the writers and director were the first people to blame for the disaster that the movie is

Oh, and Whistler was created for the Spider-Man animated series. In fact, I'm fairly certain he's never even appeared in a comic book, even post Blade-movies.

Yep, I was about to post the same thing. Whistler first appears on the Spider-Man cartoon. He was created by David Goyer (who also wrote Blade) to those who didn't know.

Vincent Perez had a hard job following in Brandon Lee's footsteps.
Actually it was hard for every actor that followed to portray the Crow (specially considering that the movies got worse and worse), after Brandon's brilliant and powerful rendition of the character.

I have to agree with this one. It so obvious that Jason Patric's character is suppose to be Keanu's character, Jack Traven. All they did was change the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"