Infinity War T'Challa-Black Panther

Could be. :(

I just wish we got 5 more minutes of him in Infinity War.

I wanted to see him introducing everyone to Shuri. I wanted to see him developing a battle plan. Surely, he and Okoye had a strategy for if a foreign invasion ever occurred. And I imagine M'Baku would have laughed off the reports of an alien coming to invade his home.

All this.

It seems he was just in Infinity War for no particular purpose. Wakanda didn't really have much of a meaning other than a battleground. Which could have been literally anywhere. But I guess it's simply due to the fact they weren't betting on BP or Wakanda having such a hit or resonance with fans.

Yea wakanda shouldnt have been used in IW if it was just on the role of a throwaway battle.location it kinda makes future invasions or big battles in wakanda feel less meaninfull and unique because we already saw a big battle there. But they can just have the enemy invade the city and actually destroy parts of it ala avengers vs xmen to up the stakes.

But everything in wakanda felt soo rushed and well... the lack of real build up to the battle and reaction from the council and civilians and lack of any scene showing tchalla and cap building a strategy makes the battle itself feel less important and tense than what it is. Look at return of the king or TTT the battles were made much better because they showed us how much they had to lose and they showed us the tension in the characters.

The scene with aragorn and hamas son made the battle all the more special and the scene with the rohan refugees in the caves as well.

In IW its more like hey enemies are coming for vision can we use your country to protect him? Oh sure feel free to drop by. Hey guys cap is coming with a bunch of people and a huge alien army is coming for them so.. get ready to be invaded alot of us may die but you know thats okay no need to consult with anyone or the people this is just a little invasion no pressure.

I just wish we got 5 more minutes of him in Infinity War.

I wanted to see him introducing everyone to Shuri. I wanted to see him developing a battle plan. Surely, he and Okoye had a strategy for if a foreign invasion ever occurred. And I imagine M'Baku would have laughed off the reports of an alien coming to invade his home.

All this.

It seems he was just in Infinity War for no particular purpose. Wakanda didn't really have much of a meaning other than a battleground. Which could have been literally anywhere. But I guess it's simply due to the fact they weren't betting on BP or Wakanda having such a hit or resonance with fans.
I would have loved to see 5 more minutes in Wakanda. The battle started pretty much as soon as they got there.

In some articles they keep.talking about shuri taking the mantle both in tchalas absence and even if hes alive. Honestly cant we just get atleast a bp trilogy with tchalla first before we get shuri in costume? Im okay with her being BP and even maybe queen as long as tchalla becomes King of the dead BP and the main focus of the story remains on him. the whole thing is getting ridiculous people werent asking for bucky or sam to replace cap before they finished his trilogy so why this?

Last edited:
In some articles they keep.talking about shuri taking the mantle both in tchalas absence and even if hes alive. Honestly cant we just get atleast a bp trilogy with tchalla first before we get shuri in costume? Im okay with her being BP and even maybe queen as long as tchalla becomes King of the dead BP and the main focus of the story remains on him. the whole thing is getting ridiculous people werent asking for bucky or sam to replace cap before they finished his trilogy so why this?

Because the king is gone the commander of his guard saw him disappear and thus the succession has to begin to transfer power. Now every MCU product may skip over this period and let Avengers 4 give glimpses but it is still a story worthy of being told. Either officially in canon or by fans speculating.

Iam not talking about transition of power because of the events of IW. They where already talking about shuri becoming BP way before people knew about the events of IW.

Iam not talking about transition of power because of the events of IW. They where already talking about shuri becoming BP way before people knew about the events of IW.

Come on now, you know why this talk is going on. Hollywood and Disney in particular are waging a war on strong manly types. While they did great with Thor in IW, Fiege is already on record saying Captain Marvel will be the most powerful Avenger, so Thor's glory will probably be short lived. They are going to be pushing either women superheroes, or keep with the weak nerdy type being the hero. I hope Im wrong about this, but there is definitely a pattern going on as of late.

Come on now, you know why this talk is going on. Hollywood and Disney in particular are waging a war on strong manly types. While they did great with Thor in IW, Fiege is already on record saying Captain Marvel will be the most powerful Avenger, so Thor's glory will probably be short lived. They are going to be pushing either women superheroes, or keep with the weak nerdy type being the hero. I hope Im wrong about this, but there is definitely a pattern going on as of late.

Unfortunately, lately i have been getting the feeling that there is an agenda but I hope Im wrong.

they should have anticipated BP proving popular. Not 1.3 billion popular, but surely on level with Dr. Stange's $680 million worldwide.

Unfortunately, lately i have been getting the feeling that there is an agenda but I hope Im wrong.

Just the watch what they did to Star Wars. You aren't wrong. And I am a woman, and love to see chicks kicking butt, but not at the expense of already established male characters to force some agenda.

they should have anticipated BP proving popular. Not 1.3 billion popular, but surely on level with Dr. Stange's $680 million worldwide.

I feel there was another movie that could have covered T'Challa and Steve's friendship and respect growing. I really wished Steve would officially call T'Challa an Avenger, and confirm that T'Challa was giving him support during his exile.

I'm sorry, as a straight dude I have to laugh about the "war against strong manly types" especially in the action/superhero genre. The decade-long MCU alone is built on little more than strong manly [white] protagonists (and villains) aside from Black Widow and a few distinct side characters who are either female or don't rely on brute strength. (And even then, we always get obligatory shirtless scenes to show off just how fit and muscly the actors got for the role if they're male.) I for one am more than happy to see a push towards spotlighting other kinds of characters and in no way see this as some sort of attack or "war" on "strong manly types", especially considering the conservativeness of the folks who run Hollywood and Disney at large. Heck, the MCU has an Eternals franchise coming up; those are essentially just a bunch of OP supermen from a planet where virtually everyone's a "strong manly type". :funny:

They highlighted Shuri's comics ascension to the Black Panther mantle because in the comics it was pretty much the main thrust of her storyline until recently. (She's damn near Scar-levels of obsessive over the mantle; even how she takes charge at one point feels a bit like a coup against her brother, or at least an opportunistic grab to sate her power trip.) Of course it was going to be brought up as part of the routine "speculate the entirety of the franchise's existence" exercise that fan communities do. If the MCU were to ever actually play out some version of the Shuri!Black Panther story (or just have any female character take on the mantle) doing it in Avengers 4 would be the opportune moment, seeing as once T'Challa eventually returns he'll almost certainly be back in the foreground and Shuri will probably return to the outreach scientist role and be one of the Black Panther characters who pop up in other characters' films.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think you have to worry about Shuri taking on the mantle of Black Panther. She comes across as the loving sister and technological genius . She reminds me more of what Howard stark wa to Steve Rogers in the old Captian America movie first avenger. Her and Tchalla have great chemistry and I really think that will be the extent of it. She wasn’t even considered when they thought he died in the movie. They were searching for someone else to take on kilmonger. I think regardless of the events of infinity wars Tchalla will be the only black panther on screen for the foreseeable future .

Captain Marvel on the other hand seems to be getting forced on us as the most powerful being in the marvel universe . I honestly don’t know how that’s going to go over. We will just have to wait and see.

Of course there is an agenda, an agenda that clearly favors male heroes. It's why so many of the most famous male Avengers have already been introduced, while the women (with the exception of Black Widow and Scarlet Witch) are still nowhere to be ****ing seen.

tumblr_p06lrnVvbH1qjf3iyo4_r1_540.gif

That swipe looks devastating.

That feeling you get when you realize it wasn't even in the final cut of the film...

I gotta say I really liked how wakanda looked in IW I liked the brighter look (no filter) and the little details the russos added . Although ibhope we get new vehicles in bp 2 like those hoverbikes shuri mentioned and more high tech handheld weapons. I hope once tchalla returns in av 4 he has atleast one great moment.

That feeling you get when you realize it wasn't even in the final cut of the film...

They wasting good quality cgi. Lol. That easily could've been in the film and not change anything but added more bad assery for BP!.. Oh well. :yay:

I have no idea why shots like that get cut when they could easily have been included in the battle montage (which I felt was too short and as a result took away from the weight of the events at Wakanda).

Of course there is an agenda, an agenda that clearly favors male heroes. It's why so many of the most famous male Avengers have already been introduced, while the women (with the exception of Black Widow and Scarlet Witch) are still nowhere to be ****ing seen.

People are so quick to come to arms anytime the status quo is in jeopardy. Literally NOTHING has happened yet with a female led MCU movie and already posters here are nervous.

...we haven't even gotten a trailer for Captain Marvel but agenda!!!

Interesting to read that. Shame they didn't really know how popular Black Panther and Wakanda would become.
I don't think anyone could have known. Maybe some idealist might have predicted something like $850-900 (ala Thor Ragnarok) but nobody could have seen 1.34 billion

I don't think anyone could have known. Maybe some idealist might have predicted something like $850-900 (ala Thor Ragnarok) but nobody could have seen 1.34 billion

I doub any/many were predicting more than $400m domestic, so that is an extra $300m right there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"