The Dark Knight Rises TDK Sequel Teaser Viral?

BatmanWristband

Civilian
Reaction score
hey Batmanheads,

check this out
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=10592

someone over on comicbookmovie.com posted up an email he received recently
the email reads:

Happy Birth_ay!
Do not fr_t abou_ th_ _omput#r, wh@_ you h^ve _$ not d3stucti_3, its ju$t my 1ittl_ g!ft 2U & 53 oth8r$...
Adios! Wil i c u when th@ w*rld ends?
Y R E T S Y M E H T E R A H S

the missing letters spell out: detective
the letters at the end of the email is backwards for S H A R E T H E M Y S T E R Y

www.sharethemystery.com is parked at godaddy.com

also included in the email is what appears to be a teaser poster for The Dark Knight sequel:

teaser_dark_knight_sequel.jpg

people who have commented on this story have pointed out a few things:
- "2012" shows up twice
- harvey dent's coin in bottom right corner
- the font of the green question mark is "jokerman" (microsoft word font)

a few more noteworthy items:
- the right corner of the "harvent dent for district attorney" sticker
- the WB logo just above the "20:12"
- the DC Comics and Legendary Pictures Logos
- the letters IM and doub^T
- end of the email says: "Wil i c u when th@ w*rld ends?" will there be a theatrical teaser trailer for TDK sequel attached to the upcoming "2012" movie? (however "2012" is going to be released by Columbia Pictures)

the poster is very well done
however it's all most likely a hoax/fanmade since there is no news on the new bat film

if anything, this can help us brush up on our viral skills for the next one...

E V I L A S I T N E D Y E V R A H

Last edited:
Probably fake, but this pretty cool though. And if it were legit, then the 2012 and "see you when the world ends" could mean that the movie will just be released in 2012, when the world is supposedly gonna end. Not necessarily a teaser with the movie 2012.

It's hard to imagine a teaser coming out before production on the film starts.

It's hard to imagine a teaser coming out before production on the film starts.

Indeed. If the individual behind this had spent as much time thinking as he did constructing the elaborate hoax, he probably could have saved himself some trouble.

Not a particularly good poster, either. We've seen better work in the fan art threads.

The announcement will probably come out with Inception

The viral marketing was brilliant for TDK. I think they should do more of it. Maybe signing up to the official website and they send you emails and viral newspapers through the mail and you have to answer and decypher the Riddlers clues and puzzles and send the answer back through the email at a certain date. Maybe having pretend bombs planted throughout major citys and whoever finds it with the next clues goes through the finals to recvieve a special prize,by solving Riddlers last and most hardeset riddles and puzzles and the prize is...TICKETS TO THE PREMIRE WITH ALL THE CAST AND CREW!!!

Interesting picture - I can guess that it is Harvey the Rabbit saying don't wake the sleeping baby?
There is a picture of a clown behind the baby.
The newspaper article on the desk is talking about reptiles in the sewer looks like.
The title of the book is "Whispers of Immortality" by T.S. Eliot.
You can see someone taking the picture in the reflection of the gem, but the image quality I have is not good enough to zoom in and see anything recognizable.

David Levy is the Levy in Shoemaker-Levy Comet. Think an astronomer is messing with us? Is the the Wild Cards universe?
There is also a David Levy who is a professional Chess player, and a David Levy who is a famous Artificial Intelligence researcher.

Harvey's coin make me think a little, even if this is a fake.

Who has it now? Bats? Gordon? Gordon's kid or wife?

Last edited:
GORDON'S SON IS THE RIDDLER. After all,the kids older brother was Dennis the Menace,lol. Why that little wipper snapper. Playing nasty jokes on Batman.

Very nice and very creative. But it seems too early for a new viral to start.

Whoever did this should be commended for trying to stir up interest for the next Batman movie.
Hopefully it inspires other people to do similar things.

Im using my PS3 to zoom in on the picture and on the paper on the bottom right corner,it says about Crocodiles being lodged in sewage pipes...KILLER CROC.

This is brilliant. Fake or not.

Also, while I submit to the belief that WB wouldn't market this early, the film is likely in production. In fact, it is highly likely that as we speak, Jonah and David are banging out a scriptment in anticipation of Chris' arrival to the project after the release of Inception.

If what we've heard about Chicago 2010 is true, then they would already have to have a story. And, basing it off of what we know TDK's pre-production was like, Chris and Jonah will be penning the script this winter.

All of this is to say that the idea of viral marketing like this is not so far-fetched after all, be it improbable.

When did TDK's viral marketing kick off?

The joker question mark is green and appears to be coming out of a pot for plants...(er, not a pot plant)

Poison Ivy reference possibly?

Pretty cool, but it's fake.

Everyone should call David Levy and thank him for his trouble. Now that would be a great joke. :hoboj:

Production hasn't even begun - even confirmation about a new film hasn't been set, not even to acting agencies. This is obviously fake, but very well-done. I applaud whoever did the graphics behind this (even if it isn't the best I've seen, it's very good)!

i think we will know the viral marketing has started when we see an actual picture on an actual website

Im using my PS3 to zoom in on the picture and on the paper on the bottom right corner,it says about Crocodiles being lodged in sewage pipes...KILLER CROC.

one of the issues of The Gotham Times had something about Croc too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"