The Dark Knight Rises TDK Viral Marketing Re-team/B3 Viral Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously they are not going exactly by the previous timeline.

Is it at all possible we have missed something? Last time it didn't take them over a week to move to the next stage of the game.
What do you mean? For TDK we had NOTHING (literally nothing, zip, nada) between May and July.

I don't think even WB (considering they aren't 42E) would leave us hanging out to dry with clues we hadn't solved yet. If we hadn't solved something by a certain time, 42E would help us out by changing the game or giving us more info (but not as :ninja: on the forum). WB I think would cater to us even more because the guys at the marketing dept were lurking here back in 2007/2008 and would freak out everytime anyone was upset. Which was often. :funny:

I think he was referring to the gap in between the logo, I believe in Harvey Dent, and I Believe in Harvey Dent Too, along with the one real-world clue that happened in the beginning, and so far we got the one site (or two, depending on how you look at it.) Course, maybe what we have is all we are getting for now.

Either way, not the same timeline for content delivery as the last.

I think he was referring to the gap in between the logo, I believe in Harvey Dent, and I Believe in Harvey Dent Too, along with the one real-world clue that happened in the beginning, and so far we got the one site (or two, depending on how you look at it.) Course, maybe what we have is all we are getting for now.

Either way, not the same timeline for content delivery as the last.
Well even if it was 42E, I don't think they'd follow the TDK timeline beat for beat. It'd be like the Hangover 2 of ARGs. :funny:

And WB in-house probably wouldn't think that far ahead or as deep - all they know to do is throw a photo up online. :oldrazz:

Lol. Yeah, they definitely didn't think far ahead enough for the photo reveal to be something that wasn't accessible from the page cache before the full puzzle was done, so I'm definitely agreeing with that second part hahaha.

And yeah, I wasn't expecting the same timeline exactly, but they did start things up with the same timeline in regard to how long from release they are starting the campaign, so there was reason for speculation there.

Lol. Yeah, they definitely didn't think far ahead enough for the photo reveal to be something that wasn't accessible from the page cache before the full puzzle was done, so I'm definitely agreeing with that second part hahaha.

And yeah, I wasn't expecting the same timeline exactly, but they did start things up with the same timeline in regard to how long from release they are starting the campaign, so there was reason for speculation there.

Yeah I'm not expecting a carbon copy of the last ARG, blow by blow, beat by beat. But after all, all that we have for this so far is what we got on Day One. Yes I know there was a bit of a "oops" in leaving the photo reveal in the cache, but in reality, how long would it have taken us to figure out that puzzle anyway? 2 days top IMO, and I think that's being kind.

Its been 12 days, just seems we would have something more than just the pic of Bane. A game, a website, a email address, a phone number, something. That's why I asked if we were missing anything...:yay:

Yeah I'm not expecting a carbon copy of the last ARG, blow by blow, beat by beat. But after all, all that we have for this so far is what we got on Day One. Yes I know there was a bit of a "oops" in leaving the photo reveal in the cache, but in reality, how long would it have taken us to figure out that puzzle anyway? 2 days top IMO, and I think that's being kind.

Its been 12 days, just seems we would have something more than just the pic of Bane. A game, a website, a email address, a phone number, something. That's why I asked if we were missing anything...:yay:

It took less than a day to complete the activity, so yeah it didn't take long. All the more reason it would have been nice if the reward came after the activity was completed. Honestly the complete Mosaic itself was more of a reward than the picture.

I don't expect anything until Comic-Con. Anything before is just bonus for me. :woot: And anyone expecting something this week is just being a little impatient.

I would love something to happen at Comic Con. If something does, it would definitely strengthen the assumption that there will in fact be an ARG for this movie too. As of the moment, we have just had one pic reveal and no guarantee that we'll get anything like we did with TDK.

I'm psyched- now to google the date for comic con so i can set a countdown :)

I don't expect anything until Comic-Con. Anything before is just bonus for me. :woot:

My thoughts exactly. Me personally thinks we are gonna see something else before Comic Con, but I'm not really counting on that. That thought helps me behaving properly at work.

My thoughts exactly. Me personally thinks we are gonna see something else before Comic Con, but I'm not really counting on that. That thought helps me behaving properly at work.

I think we'll get something with green lantern: like a logo voiceover. I think comic con will reveal catwoman in more detail.

I don't think we'll get Catwoman until much later on!

The filming appears to have been mainly Bane & Wayne so far...(apologies) ;-p

I don't expect to see Hathaway in full costume, but I think we'll see production designs for the "cat-suit".

I think this is just a Warning Shot to let us know that somethings coming, the ball will start rolling after SDCC. IMO of course.

I think that ComiCon will reveal some part of the game too, but it may not. I think if they really wanted to steer away from the same beats as the last ARG, they wouldn't use ComiCon at all and go in a different direction.

But what do I know? I just hope there isn't something we're all missing because we're waiting for something else.

I don't expect to see Hathaway in full costume, but I think we'll see production designs for the "cat-suit".

I could see this being the case. Maybe a shot of the suit in the movie where it's displayed in some fashion, sans Anne. Kind of like the shot used in TDK of Bruce staring at the Bat suit. Something like that would be a great teaser for the ARG.

Idk why people keep thinking we won't see Hathaway as Catwoman before the movie is released. And drawing comparisons to Two-Face in the last film help your cause. TDK had Heath as Joker to market. Two-Face showing up at the end was pretty much an added bonus. Bane is nothing like the Joker, he is not an iconic character. And I doubt Catwoman's role will be like Two-Face, in which she just shows up at the very end. I have a feeling Catwoman will be involved with Batman from the very beginning. So I'm expecting to see Catwoman before the movie is released.

Idk why people keep thinking we won't see Hathaway as Catwoman before the movie is released. And drawing comparisons to Two-Face in the last film help your cause. TDK had Heath as Joker to market. Two-Face showing up at the end was pretty much an added bonus. Bane is nothing like the Joker, he is not an iconic character. And I doubt Catwoman's role will be like Two-Face, in which she just shows up at the very end. I have a feeling Catwoman will be involved with Batman from the very beginning. So I'm expecting to see Catwoman before the movie is released.

I agree. The better interpretations of her have her as someone who has been Catwoman for a long time. I doubt she will be an in-movie transformation like in the Burton movie. I'd almost bet if we are to see more of an ARG, it will mostly be centered around her.

I agree. The better interpretations of her have her as someone who has been Catwoman for a long time. I doubt she will be an in-movie transformation like in the Burton movie. I'd almost bet if we are to see more of an ARG, it will mostly be centered around her.

I'd like the idea of a cat burglar ARG. Has a lot of possibilities.

Has there been any changes to the TDK ARG sites lately? My bet is that they will be using some of the Gotham City sites used in the last ARG.

i'm sure we will get a police hunting batman theme, cat burglar theme, and some sort of bane theme. The bane theme has me most excited cause I have no idea what they could possibly do

if the youtube page was considered fake then I would assume that the hidden link for a facebook page would also be fake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"