The Dark Knight Rises TDKR in Comic Con 2012

gugumugats

SKIDOOOOOSH!!
Reaction score
Comic Con 2012 is a week before TDKR premieres (at least in the US, I'm not sure about the UK).

TDKR will surely be promoted there, but would it make sense to have a panel or even an early screening nearby? For instance, last year, I was able to catch a day-early premiere of Captain America at the nearby movie theatre.

I was lucky enough to get tickets this year, and I'm really really really hoping they might have some sort of early screening for TDKR (unlikely especially if th the closest Imax theatre is more than 10 minutes away).

There might be something. I doubt Nolan would be up to showing the full film though. The marketing has been so sparce for this movie so you never know what they're waiting for.

I hope so, especially since I moved to a place where it's not likely I will see any advertising events even if it does happen. Course, even then while I managed to score full passes I'm wondering if I will be able to afford the plane tickets and rooms by then, let alone the extras. x_x

Oh well, such is life.

It will have a presence there but I highly doubt there will be any panel. I'd love for them to have one though as I'll be in attendance again, but I'm not getting my hopes up, especially that close to the national release date.

I have to agree that it will most likely not be there. This is Nolan's conclusion, his masterpiece hopefully. He's been secretive with Begins and Dark Knight, so I imagine this run will be even more secretive because the stakes are higher. If there going places with the story that are mind blowing then i'm betting we won't get much before its release.

I'm glad that Comic Con 2012 is right before TDKR rises. I'd rather TDKR be spoiled to me by my own volition, rather than randomly overhearing a spoiler that I wasn't ready for.

They've never done anything officially official at Comic Con. Cillian Murphy and David Goyer were there for BB, and they had a really fun viral hunt a year BEFORE TDK but IIRC there wasn't anything in 2008.

So I don't think they'll have anything major for 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"