Teacher punished for slavery film clip

Another example of things being blown out of proportion. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd click on the eye-rolling icon.

It's their job to give a ****.:whatever:

The children aren't going to turn into monsters because they saw a dude get stabbed in an educational film. You can see that in any prime time Law & Order today.

The children aren't going to turn into monsters because they saw a dude get stabbed in an educational film. You can see that in any prime time Law & Order today.

Yeah, you can, and there are some parents who don't allow their kids to watch those shows.

The teacher should have known better for the sake of his job. But I'm willing to bet that the teachers and parents and teachers are the only one's that give a ****. Do you think the children have been tramatized?

What that does that have to with a teacher failing to submit a movie for approval before showing it to the class?

All she had to do was get off her ass, walk over to her boss's office with a copy of the Amistad DVD and tell the principal "We're discussing slavery in class, and I'd like to use a scene from this movie to show how deplorable and inhumane the institution of slavery was, because at times words on a page don't have a strong impact. However, if the movie isn't approved I would like to use a similar scene from the Roots mini-series"

But she was too busy wrapped up in making her point that she convienently forgot and ignored that particular workplace policy.

Boo ****ing hoo

Yeah, you can, and there are some parents who don't allow their kids to watch those shows.

That works out about as well as trying to keep kids away from sex.

It isn't Die Hard, it's a very accurate film about the ugly truth of slavery.

Should a teacher be punished for showing a diagram of two people having sex in sex ed?

Depends on whether they got approval to show it first

That works out about as well as trying to keep kids away from sex.

It isn't Die Hard, it's a very accurate film about the ugly truth of slavery.

Should a teacher be punished for showing a diagram of two people having sex in sex ed?

Again, when i took sex ed my parents had to sign permission slips. Whats so difficult about that? Some parents don't want their kids exposed to that, whats so difficult to understand about that?

Again, when i took sex ed my parents had to sign permission slips. Whats so difficult about that? Some parents don't want their kids exposed to that, whats so difficult to understand about that?

Waiting for the parents to feel comfortable and sex and violence is like waiting for conservatives to be ready for social change.

The world is pretty damn violent, you can't shelter your kids from that.

Waiting for the parents to feel comfortable and sex and violence is like waiting for conservatives to be ready for social change.

The world is pretty damn violent, you can't shelter your kids from that.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Dude, I know at this point you're being dense on purpose, but I can't bash parents for doing their job and I can't sympathize with a teacher who didn't. Its that damn simple.

Did the teacher get knocked up and give birth to every child in his/her class?

No. The parents did.

So the parents have more of a ****ing say than someone getting a paycheck each month for teaching

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Dude, I know at this point you're being dense on purpose, but I can't bash parents for doing their job and I can't sympathize with a teacher who didn't. Its that damn simple.

So you've defined what a parents job is to do? Good, now you can go make a child care book Doctor Spock.

yes, that's right, let's teach kids about horrible historical events, but NOT express to them that bad things happen

Let's just skip over the holocaust, slavery, the civil rights movement, the conquest of the native americans, the red scare, and every single war so our kids won't know the world can suck sometimes. This is an amazing idea all our schools should implement.

Next, let's have sex ed but omit all references to genitals!

:up: This pretty much says it.

So you've defined what a parents job is to do? Good, now you can go make a child care book Doctor Spock.

Again, you missed the point. It differs from parent to parent. One parent would be a-ok with the teahcer showing the movie, another wouldn't. Again, whats so hard about getting approval from the school and parents to show the damn movie, you have avoided this question.

Again, you missed the point. It differs from parent to parent. One parent would be a-ok with the teahcer showing the movie, another wouldn't. Again, whats so hard about getting approval from the school and parents to show the damn movie, you have avoided this question.

Some parents have problems with the teaching of evolution. We tell them they can like it or leave. This is the same thing.

Some parents have problems with the teaching of evolution. We tell them they can like it or leave. This is the same thing.

The sad thing is, you truly believe what you just said.

Again, you avoided answering the question.

yes, that's right, let's teach kids about horrible historical events, but NOT express to them that bad things happen

Let's just skip over the holocaust, slavery, the civil rights movement, the conquest of the native americans, the red scare, and every single war so our kids won't know the world can suck sometimes. This is an amazing idea all our schools should implement.

Next, let's have sex ed but omit all references to genitals!

As long as you submit the outside material to your boss for approval, I don't see a problem.

If you convientently forget school policy to make a point, too damn bad.

I would have, and she should have. But showing a clip of a movie about slavery is hardly fire worthy.

I agree, if the teacher got all the approval. And I dont think the teach is getting fired only reprimanded.

She's not being reprimanded for showing a clip of a movie about slavery.

She's being reprimanded for not getting the movie approved prior to showing a clip from it.

The subject of the movie is beside the point. The lack of approval is the point.

Why is everyone ignoring Addendum? It's like the whole point of the article went right over your heads.

god this makes Texas look outdated.
i remember watching Amistad in school and we didn't have to get notes from our parents.
oh MAN i remember this one girl that was a complete idiot but was in the AP classes due to her relation with the prinical and when the movie was over she ACTUALLY SAID...
"oh god what a horrible movie. why would hollywood make a movie about that? it's not like any of that happened? they just want us to feel sorry for the blacks.".
THATS why kids need to watch these films.:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"