Teacher Orders Other Students to Hit Bully

You're over-estimating the malice and mental capacity of the six year old. You make it seem like he was terrorizing classmates on a Columbine level. He was six. He was probably being a **** on a given day as six year olds are prone to doing. I doubt it was true, malicious bullying.

He can't be malicious because he's six? I feel that you're under-estimating. I know that any human being, six or sixty, who have the power of abusing someone else is prone to do it. This fella just learnt that the shoe can be on the other foot too.

He just saw a teacher condone bullying, and show that it's okay to gang up on and bully others.

I'm sure that's not what the teacher thought she was doing, but it's the end lesson.

"Teaching" someone not to hit and humiliate others by hitting and humiliating him isn't truly teaching him anything.

If bullying is the belief that "might makes right", then doesn't having 24 kids gang up on and slap 1 just reinforce that?

No, because 24 people reacting together as a way to protect themselves is different from one bully proactively abusing classmates as a way to feel more powerful.

They weren't protecting themselves. They were lining up and taking turns slapping him.

He can't be malicious because he's six? I feel that you're under-estimating. I know that any human being, six or sixty, who have the power of abusing someone else is prone to do it. This fella just learnt that the shoe can be on the other foot too.

He just saw a teacher condone bullying, and show that it's okay to gang up on and bully others.

I'm sure that's not what the teacher thought she was doing, but it's the end lesson.

Yeah, now that 6 year old will gang up with other bullies and slap the **** out of those 24 kids who slapped him. Big playground scuffle that will end in multiple timeouts being given out. It's what he was taught, it's all he knows. He is the bully and now he has friends.

They weren't protecting themselves. They were lining up and taking turns slapping him.

That way they're giving the bully a message, he's probably going to stop abusing them. As a result they are protected from him.

Of course it's inappropriate and over the line. Absolutely. And quite effective as well.

You know kids, they put this face like lambs about to be sacrificed and then they walk out from the principal's office smiling and planning his next move.

Yep. I'm sure this six year old then stroked his long, curled mustache, put on a top hat and cape and then went on to his master plan of tying helpless girls to train tracks.

This conversation has officially become too asinine to continue with. I'm out.

Yep. I'm sure this six year old then stroked his long, curled mustache, put on a top hat and cape and then went on to his master plan of tying helpless girls to train tracks.

No, that's a caricature.

That way they're giving the bully a message, he's probably going to stop abusing them. As a result they are protected from him.

But at the cost of the kid's psyche? Again, he's 6 and he just got ***** slapped by 24 kids. What was he doing taking some juice boxes from other kids? This kid now has a legitimate mental and physical trauma he has to deal with. Psychologically, who knows what kind of damage was caused. Sure, he might not bully anyone ever again but I don't like the long term damage she might have caused.

I remember quite vividly a class bully in kindergarten getting pulled across the teacher's legs and being spanked right in the middle of class. That bully never acted out in class again for the rest of the year. I think the humiliation was probably more upsetting to him than the actual spanking but of course that type of thing was more common place back then.

In this case, the teacher was at fault for doing this. I can see where she was going with this but it wasn't well thought out and probably did more damage than good.

Really, having a class intervention (after exhausting other avenues with the parents and getting their permission) probably would have been better where each kid would tell the bully why he has hurt their feelings or feel that they are being bullied and how it has affected them. Maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldn't have, but at least it would have been better than having a 6 year old being smacked around.

Yeah, now that 6 year old will gang up with other bullies and slap the **** out of those 24 kids who slapped him. Big playground scuffle that will end in multiple timeouts being given out. It's what he was taught, it's all he knows. He is the bully and now he has friends.

That's not all he knows now. He knows humilliation and consequences. He knows his victims can react.

But at the cost of the kid's psyche? Again, he's 6 and he just got ***** slapped by 24 kids. What was he doing taking some juice boxes from other kids? This kid now has a legitimate mental and physical trauma he has to deal with. Psychologically, who knows what kind of damage was caused. Sure, he might not bully anyone ever again but I don't like the long term damage she might have caused.

The thing is, abused children also have psyches and long term damage if they keep fearing the bully might come and abuse them. I rather having 1 broken psyche and not all the classroom but one.

I remember quite vividly a class bully in kindergarten getting pulled across the teacher's legs and being spanked right in the middle of class. That bully never acted out in class again for the rest of the year. I think the humiliation was probably more upsetting to him than the actual spanking but of course that type of thing was more common place back then.

There you have it.

Short and effective.

In this case, the teacher was at fault for doing this. I can see where she was going with this but it wasn't well thought out and probably did more damage than good.

Did that kindergarten bully you mentioned grow to become a troubled psyche?

Really, having a class intervention (after exhausting other avenues with the parents and getting their permission) probably would have been better where each kid would tell the bully why he has hurt their feelings or feel that they are being bullied and how it has affected them. Maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldn't have, but at least it would have been better than having a 6 year old being smacked around.

Well, something that could have worked vs something that works. After parent talking and a lot of time, you end up with maybes.

Some of those bullies would probably just enjoy listening all the damage he has done - and is still able to do.

The thing is, abused children also have psyches and long term damage if they keep fearing the bully might come and abuse them. I rather having 1 broken psyche and not all the classroom but one.

That's ridiculous beyond comprehension. Your name really suits you.

Yeah, lets break one kid's psyche and possibly make his behavior worse because now he feels the whole world is against him. Maybe he'll shoot up the school one day but the lesson he learned will be worth it.:whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

That's ridiculous beyond comprehension. Your name really suits you.

You resort to name-calling and personal remarks? Come on. Arguments would suit this conversation much better.

Yeah, lets break one kid's psyche and possibly make his behavior worse because now he feels the whole world is against him. Maybe he'll shoot up the school one day but the lesson he learned will be worth it.:whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

The guy was given a lesson so he is now for sure going to shoot everybody.... and I'm "ridiculous beyond comprehension"? :doh:

You resort to name-calling and personal remarks? Come on. Arguments would suit this conversation much better.

The guy was given a lesson so he is now for sure going to shoot everybody.... and I'm "ridiculous beyond comprehension"? :doh:

How is it name calling if you named yourself The Clown? You're just living up to your name.

It wasn't the right lesson to give a kid. Would you be ok if your kid was a bully and their teacher had the whole class line up and slap him around? Of course not. And before you say you would discipline your own kid first, in most cases the parent will and in this case should defend their own kid. What type of message is the teacher sending to those other kids. Gang up on one kid and have all the power? Great message.

In most cases, this type of response just makes bullying worse because now he has an actual reason to hate everybody and be unruly.

Also, your title is fitting as well since we're all now dumber for reading your posts on this subject. I'm done here.

How is it name calling if you named yourself The Clown? You're just living up to your name.

I know you have the intelligence to know what you meant man. Let's not fool ourselves.

It wasn't the right lesson to give a kid. Would you be ok if your kid was a bully and their teacher had the whole class line up and slap him around? Of course not. And before you say you would discipline your own kid first, in most cases the parent will and in this case should defend their own kid. What type of message is the teacher sending to those other kids. Gang up on one kid and have all the power? Great message.

No. I already said it more than once: the message is united you can stand.

And yes, I'd raise a child to know he mustn't abuse other children.

And again, I also said this was "of course" not appropriate and over the line. Check it.

In most cases, this type of response just makes bullying worse because now he has an actual reason to hate everybody and be unruly.

He didn't need a reason to bully to start with. Now he might have a reason but also fear of the consequences of his actions.

Also, your title is fitting as well since we're all now dumber for reading your posts on this subject. I'm done here.

I ignore why you can't reply without personal insults, but that's quite inappropriate.

While this teacher's methods were a bit extreme, you have to admit that she at least did SOMETHING about the bully problem. It doesn't take a genius to know that this wasn't her first resort, teachers don't really do anything this crazy unless they are at their wits end. The first thing that was most likely done is talking to the parents about it, because it is an easier and a cleaner solution than trying to figure out a creative way to punish the kid...that is if the parents actually do something about their child.

Not just 'another student' but one that thought that hitting his classmates (because he's probably stronger) is fun.

It is certainly not very aesthetic, but the teacher has just taught the rest of the children that bullies are just cowards and that united they can stand against anything. And I'm sure that little bully will think it three times before using his physical strenght to abuse anyone in the future.

It says in the report that some of the class that some of the children in the class didn't want to hit the bully, but the teacher forced them to. That's not right either. That means the teacher lost the point of the lesson too, and wound up becoming the bully.

No one learned anything from this. My friend's daughter is the same age and they're going through a bully problem with a boy in her class. No amount of lining the classroom up to smack the kid is going to solve this boy's problems.

The teacher watched too much Batman.

Many bullies have been bullied themselves.

Having the rest of the class line up and smack him around is only going to reinforce that.

It's also reinforcing the whole belief that drives bullying, that "might makes right", and you can establish your own power over someone by hitting them.

The teacher, intentionally or not, proved this right with her own actions, and, intentionally or not, was a power-abusing bully herself.

With that many kids slapping him it reminds me of that Youtube video where someone looped King Geoffrey getting slapped over and over. Good times.

I agree with El Payaso, maybe the kid will stop bullying now since he knows what it feels like.

It says in the report that some of the class that some of the children in the class didn't want to hit the bully, but the teacher forced them to. That's not right either. That means the teacher lost the point of the lesson too, and wound up becoming the bully.

Now, that s absolutely wrong. To force someone to bully a classmate, that is as bad as bullying.

No one learned anything from this.

We can't tell.

My friend's daughter is the same age and they're going through a bully problem with a boy in her class. No amount of lining the classroom up to smack the kid is going to solve this boy's problems.

But was the problem solved?

The teacher watched too much Batman.

It's slapping man. Multiple slapping. Probably too much Three Stooges.

Surely, EP, you can't be serious?

I am serious. And please don't call me Shirley EP.

I agree with El Payaso, maybe the kid will stop bullying now since he knows what it feels like.

Nobody, specially children, learns ust from words. The experience, however, is not as easily forgotten.

I doubt the kids or the bully learned anything from this one incident. Kids don't tend to learn things the first time they experience them.

What I get out of this is that not only did this teacher teach the kids to bully...

But she taught them to bully like girls.

I'd say those kids just learned to use violence to solve problems.

It was a class with one bully. It could now be a class with 24 bullies because they all liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"