Team Fortress 2 Now Free

I never even knew you had to pay to play it. I thought this was just a regular FPS.

I think you are probably thinking in terms of MMO's.
You don't need to buy the game now, if you have a steam account you can just download it from your listed games.

I only ever had OJ box for my 360 so I never got to try TF2 cause as anyone knows, TF2 for the 360 was a flop. So I jumped on this and now I'm an addict, crafting hats, playing CTF Saxon Hale, everything. I already got over 200 play time hours racked up. Great game. Has a little something for everyone.

Im new to team fortress 2, i have to say i havent been a big fan of shooters lately but this is pretty fun.

I downloaded this a month or so ago when it first went free. It is fun, though I didnt really find that it required much skill to win. It just seemed like everything was a bit of a spray and prey and far to fast moving. Had fun for a week or two but then ended up uninstalling it and moving on.

I didnt really find that it required much skill to win.

It entirely depends on who you are playing against and playing with.
I think what you are talking about is "accessible" as it's easy to get into. Checkers is easy to get into. I doubt you will be a world champion anytime soon. Likewise with Team Fortress 2, you would probably just get demolished by a pro team. Easy to learn, hard to master. That's good game design. Hard to play, hard to master, is generally bad game design.

and far to fast moving

You realize the classes go at different speeds? Different speed for the sake of balance as each class has different HP and different damage. Some of them such as the sniper and Engineer rely mostly on staying around the same area. The fact you are complaining about it would suggest it's making the game harder and thus, you have less skill. We could also assume this is because you are use to games that involve jumping into iron-sights and standing still, which require less skill.

I have lots of skill as you plainly see. This is due to being very leet.
Also note the lack of spraying and extreme intellectual thinking going on.

[YT]CE1mHwtkn9g&feature=channel_video_title[/YT]

It just seemed like everything was a bit of a spray and prey

Again, vague. Classes such as the medic, spy and engineer, are lucky if they shoot a single bullet. The spy stabs, which requires timing and precision, the medic heals, which means generally, keeping a stream going hiding behind a heavy, who has the largest HP. And the engineer builds turrets, dispensers and teleports, which involve placing things in the right places, upgrading and protecting them. There is really, no spraying at all with these classes. Likewise with the sniper, one shot that must be charged up. The scout must be extremely close, with much lower HP in order to do significant damage. The soldiers rockets move at a slow pace. There are tons of different ways to play with tons of variables. It's really about as far from simply "spraying" as you can get.

It seems to me you are being cynical without substance. Team Fortress 2 is gods gift. Actually when you think about it, Jesus just gave out fish and bread, what Valve produced is actually alot better than what Jesus was putting out. we should probably worship them.

Last edited:
spock....spoken like a true fan....i salute you....

like most games, its all about trial and error...there are people who suck at being spies....then all of a sudden 3 months later you run into them again and they are now jumping at you on stairs to get back stabs and stabbing you in the face and knowing all the angles it takes to get a good back stab.

pyro is probably the most user friendly class, you have a wide area to do damage and it kills spies super fast,so you hardly get back stabbed because they fear the pryo.

overall the game i think is probably the most balanced shooter....everything has a counter to everything else. If a team builds 4 sentry guns, a demo can take all 4 out in a single clip. Also a spy can walk up to it while disguised and zap it and keep the engineer busy while your team destroys it or moves past it.

big maps, many weapons,lots of hats and sites completely dedicated to trading.

and if your lucky enough to have played it on mac you got free in game ear buds that are now so highly sought after you can sell them for 20 dollars.

How has this title going free changed the community?

like most games, its all about trial and error...there are people who suck at being spies....then all of a sudden 3 months later you run into them again and they are now jumping at you on stairs to get back stabs and stabbing you in the face and knowing all the angles it takes to get a good back stab.
http://www.gogames.me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"